California Northstate University College of Pharmacy (CNUCOP) C/O 2019 (Entering Fall 2015)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed on 11/21 heard from Jason yet? Anxiously waiting...!

Members don't see this ad.

Goodluck to everyone! :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got a call from Jason around 4Pm today (Friday). Accepted!!!
I interviewed on 11/21.
Good luck everyone!!!

^ it means even if you are able to find a job after graduation, you are still screwed. There is no way for you to pay that much money back on a pharmacist salary. These are private loans and therefore, you can't get on IBR or PAYE. There is no backup plan. There is no grace period. If you ever fall behind, your credit score is tanked and you can't never buy a house.

Calculate how much you would make as a pharmacist (after taxes) then calculate how much you would need to borrow and how much you would need to pay per month for 10 years. You would then realize you are screwed and you can't afford to pay it off even if you are a successful pharmacist. This school is a for profit school. They only care about making money even if it is at the expense of your future. You are no longer a kid. Decisions have consequences. It is financial suicide if you go to this school...just do the math.

Wow I remember 6 years ago, the same people were bashing this school, you and confetti something. Looks like things have not changed. You're still blabbing about your blah blah GI bill, went to school for free blah blah, and good for you. I have not been on here in years but I decided to check it out of old times sake. I was part of the first graduating class, and at the time, our tuition was about $36,000 a year. I graduated with about $180,000 in debt. All I can say is in 2 years, I paid off half of my loans and lowered my monthly payments from $2,200, to $1,200, which is very manageable. For the people saying you don't receive a good education from here, you're wrong. I was able to pass my boards with flying colors. In fact, the first class had a 99% NAPLEX pass rate. I have been working for 2 years now, making about $175,000/year, and this is not an exaggeration. So yes, the school is ridiculously expensive, I will agree with that, but do not bash the school saying they do not provide a good education, this and that. At the end of the day, it is how you want your life to be. Everyone keeps claiming that pharmacists only make $110,000 a year. This is not true, I was at CVS for a year and classified myself in that category and I was not happy. I decided to advance myself and go after something that will pay me more and now I am much happier. Many people get too comfortable and stay at a job because they are scared to take the next step. I did, and yes, I am a Northstate graduate!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Wow I remember 6 years ago, the same people were bashing this school, you and confetti something. Looks like things have not changed. You're still blabbing about your blah blah GI bill, went to school for free blah blah, and good for you. I have not been on here in years but I decided to check it out of old times sake. I was part of the first graduating class, and at the time, our tuition was about $36,000 a year. I graduated with about $180,000 in debt. All I can say is in 2 years, I paid off half of my loans and lowered my monthly payments from $2,200, to $1,200, which is very manageable. For the people saying you don't receive a good education from here, you're wrong. I was able to pass my boards with flying colors. In fact, the first class had a 99% NAPLEX pass rate. I have been working for 2 years now, making about $175,000/year, and this is not an exaggeration. So yes, the school is ridiculously expensive, I will agree with that, but do not bash the school saying they do not provide a good education, this and that. At the end of the day, Tis how you want your life to be. Everyone keeps claiming that pharmacists only make $110,000 a year. This is not true, I was at CVS for a year and classified myself in that category and I was not happy. I decided to advance myself and go after something that will pay me more and now I am much happier. Many people get too comfortable and stay at a job because they are scared to take the next step. I did, and yes, I am a Northstate graduate!

Of course your stated salary is not verifiable but who cares? The average salary is much lower. There are already plenty of graduates from established schools who can't find full time work so what makes you think graduates from your greedy, for-profit school will do any better?

By the way, you should demand to know why the department of education has denied federal student loans to this school. Could it be because they committed student loan fraud a few years ago? Look it up and get back to me.

Reactions: 1 users
eeks this whole loan thing is scary! I got accepted but worried now!

Not yet. Maybe because of the Holidays they're taking longer than usual.

Members don't see this ad :)
jason sent out calls yesterday at 6:30 pm for the interviews on 12/20 :)

thanks! Jason said he would call only if you got accepted but not rejected. Emails would be sent out monday or tuesday.

I was put on the waitlist and I got an acceptance letter less than two weeks later. I say anyone put on waitlist, be assured that they pick out students from the waitlist very quick. good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats Class of 2019!

I know this time is exciting and overwhelming at the same time - I'm on the same boat!

Anyone else on the process of looking for a place to room in with another CNUCOP student?

Besides the people up there who got accepted (CONGRATULATIONS!), is anyone else from the 12/19 interview is still waiting for a response? I haven't gotten a call nor an email.

I decided to cancel my interview and withdraw from this school, so hopefully those who are waiting for an interview gets my seat. It sucks that this school doesn't offer federal loans. However, I did get accepted into LECOM Bradenton and pleased with their very low tuition. Good luck to everyone who is interviewing and congrats to those who got accepted!

Besides the people up there who got accepted (CONGRATULATIONS!), is anyone else from the 12/19 interview is still waiting for a response? I haven't gotten a call nor an email.

you should call jason! he said if you don't hear back from them by 1/17, then you are able to call to see what's up.

you should call jason! he said if you don't hear back from them by 1/17, then you are able to call to see what's up.
I called him on the 16th and left him a voicemail. And I e-mailed him earlier this evening. I will call again tomorrow.

For the ones that have decided to attend this school, I would like to know aren't u guys worried about the private loans? I have been accepted but this point because of the private loans I would like to decline the offer.

For the ones that have decided to attend this school, I would like to know aren't u guys worried about the private loans? I have been accepted but this point because of the private loans I would like to decline the offer.

I received a phone call earlier today about my acceptance but not committing just yet. Out of the 3 interviewer I've had so far, Northstate is the first school to accept me but I have an interview with MCPHS this friday so I'm going to wait it out until I hear back from the other schools and keep my options open. I know they had their financial advisor talk to us the day of our interview to explain and assure us about this problem. I remember her saying that they turned in some documents when I was there and if everything goes according to plan, they can be cleared by this summer and be ready for Fall 2016. Despite the whole private loan situation, I really enjoyed my interview. Northstate was very welcoming and everyone seems to know each other and get along, which I'm not surprised because they base their curriculum on team based learning. I'm also considering this school because it's in California so I will be closer to my family and friends in LA because I'm currently going to school in New York and considering whether or not I want to stay here for another four years if I'm accepted into Touro NY. It was my first time in Sacramento so I'm not familiar with the area but driving an hour to San Fran for the weekend or Lake Havasu (forgot which lake exactly) doesn't sound so bad. My girlfriend's brother is currently a P4 and loves Northstate. He's involved in a lot of clubs/organizations at Northstate and recommends I attend this school because he thinks I fit and would love the people and the environment. But that's just me and my thoughts. Did you get accepted anywhere else?

Decided to go with Northstate.

Anyone looking for a place/roommate? I would prefer living with P1's, that's just me.

Hi everyone,
I applied late and just got an interview for May 8th. Can you guys tell me what to expect at the interview please? What topic did they ask you guys for the essay part? I'm from Missouri so I have to fly out that day. I'm so nervous.
Thank you !!!

CHEAPEST AND PERFECT ROOM FOR SHARE. ($ 370, everything is included)
NEW house on corner of Elk Grove & Cresleigh. (8 minutes from school)
Per owner: Male ONLY (b/c they prefer less cooking)
: Vietnamese is highly preferred (easier for communication)
: Prefer long term renting (p1 or p2 is best) - if everything go well, you might even get discounted.
: NO PET is allowed, guest can come once awhile is okay, but no stay over night.
There are 3 rooms upstair, 1 Big room is available because I am moving out for APPE, with walking closet.
Share double sink bathroom with other 2 roommates, high speed wifi, A/C is 24/7. No worry about cleaning,
the owner will take care kitchen and bathroom for you, however you MUST clean up after your business.
Super clean and QUITE house to study. The owners live downstair and they have no kid, only husband and wife with 16 years old son.
Quite, clean and safest neighbor. You will park your car on street in front of the house.
$370 is all you pay monthly. 1 month deposit.
You can have another friend to share with you and split the cost, negotiable price.
Why it is too good to be true ? HONESTLY, The owner just wants to help professional students like us.
ROOM WILL BE AVAILABLE BY MAY 16th - end of May 2015. Owner gives top priority to whoever move in this May.

I received a phone call earlier today about my acceptance but not committing just yet. Out of the 3 interviewer I've had so far, Northstate is the first school to accept me but I have an interview with MCPHS this friday so I'm going to wait it out until I hear back from the other schools and keep my options open. I know they had their financial advisor talk to us the day of our interview to explain and assure us about this problem. I remember her saying that they turned in some documents when I was there and if everything goes according to plan, they can be cleared by this summer and be ready for Fall 2016. Despite the whole private loan situation, I really enjoyed my interview. Northstate was very welcoming and everyone seems to know each other and get along, which I'm not surprised because they base their curriculum on team based learning. I'm also considering this school because it's in California so I will be closer to my family and friends in LA because I'm currently going to school in New York and considering whether or not I want to stay here for another four years if I'm accepted into Touro NY. It was my first time in Sacramento so I'm not familiar with the area but driving an hour to San Fran for the weekend or Lake Havasu (forgot which lake exactly) doesn't sound so bad. My girlfriend's brother is currently a P4 and loves Northstate. He's involved in a lot of clubs/organizations at Northstate and recommends I attend this school because he thinks I fit and would love the people and the environment. But that's just me and my thoughts. Did you get accepted anywhere else?

I am sorry for such a late reply. Yes I have been accepted into other schools. But after reading reviews online, I am so stressed out that whether pharmacy is even safe to go into? It's everywhere that there is no jobs, graduates are just stuck with loans. I am honestly scared to even attend any of the schools now. I got into another 3 year program too and have been wait listed for one more so far. I have been invited to 5 other but didn't attend any. I would really appreciate any advice that whether changing my whole career option is good now or not?

Also, even if you get into touro in NY, I say don't go because the school is in probation currently. I wish you best of luck!

I am sorry for such a late reply. Yes I have been accepted into other schools. But after reading reviews online, I am so stressed out that whether pharmacy is even safe to go into? It's everywhere that there is no jobs, graduates are just stuck with loans. I am honestly scared to even attend any of the schools now. I got into another 3 year program too and have been wait listed for one more so far. I have been invited to 5 other but didn't attend any. I would really appreciate any advice that whether changing my whole career option is good now or not?

Also, even if you get into touro in NY, I say don't go because the school is in probation currently. I wish you best of luck!

Despite the loans, I was also skeptical about going into pharmacy after reading about the saturation here in the forums. I enjoy browsing this forum and love reading threads etc. but reading all the negative comments and threads will definitely mess with your head. So I started to stay away from those articles and will continue to pursue pharmacy because that was the plan from the beginning. I know it's something to be concerned about but at the end of the day, choosing your career path shouldn't be based on whether it's safe or not (in my opinion). I think this will lead to a career path you will not enjoy. Unless you decided to apply to pharmacy school for all the wrong reasons, It's the experiences, connections, overall putting yourself out there when you're in school that will get you a job. My girlfriend's brother just graduated and was able to find a job back home in whittier, Ca (Orange County) so he has a job waiting for him. He told me he was able to make that connection through his P4 year during his APPE rotations and was able to find a site in Socal rather then in Norcal. You can agree or disagree but for me, in my opinion, it shouldn't matter what school you go to. It could be a top tier, low tier, even the number 1 school in the country. In the end, we are all pharmacists but it's what you do as a pharmacist that will differentiate you from others.

Despite the loans, I was also skeptical about going into pharmacy after reading about the saturation here in the forums. I enjoy browsing this forum and love reading threads etc. but reading all the negative comments and threads will definitely mess with your head. So I started to stay away from those articles and will continue to pursue pharmacy because that was the plan from the beginning. I know it's something to be concerned about but at the end of the day, choosing your career path shouldn't be based on whether it's safe or not (in my opinion). I think this will lead to a career path you will not enjoy. Unless you decided to apply to pharmacy school for all the wrong reasons, It's the experiences, connections, overall putting yourself out there when you're in school that will get you a job. My girlfriend's brother just graduated and was able to find a job back home in whittier, Ca (Orange County) so he has a job waiting for him. He told me he was able to make that connection through his P4 year during his APPE rotations and was able to find a site in Socal rather then in Norcal. You can agree or disagree but for me, in my opinion, it shouldn't matter what school you go to. It could be a top tier, low tier, even the number 1 school in the country. In the end, we are all pharmacists but it's what you do as a pharmacist that will differentiate you from others.

That's a good thing to note, thank you. But I feel now that if just the job thing has made me so negative about pharmacy, then it must not be for me. Goodluck to you! I hope I find the path that's right for me.