Campbell University (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Turning down acceptance.

This is such an awesome school, and if I lived closer, I would have definitely went here!

Hope it goes to one of you guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody have difficulty doing the drug screen? I submitted the certiphi background check but when I went to do the drug screen, it gave me the same form as the background check. I even signed up for a new account as they said to lol

Gahh I 'm having the same issue!

Gahh I 'm having the same issue!
I just did mine. As long as you are using the correct code for the drug screening, it should work. It looks pretty much the exact same and you have to put in all of the same information again. The difference is the price. I think the max charge for the background is $100, but the max charge for the drug screen is $29. If you've got the right price, go ahead and submit then it will give you instructions and locations to perform the drug screening sample.

I just did mine. As long as you are using the correct code for the drug screening, it should work. It looks pretty much the exact same and you have to put in all of the same information again. The difference is the price. I think the max charge for the background is $100, but the max charge for the drug screen is $29. If you've got the right price, go ahead and submit then it will give you instructions and locations to perform the drug screening sample.

I was only charged 32.50 for the CBC...still gotta do the drug screen. I didn't know if it an error because it required the same information as the CBC did but guess we have to fill it out for both!

You guys are definitely set for CUSOM? I would suggest waiting until two weeks before deposit is due.

You guys are definitely set for CUSOM? I would suggest waiting until two weeks before deposit is due.

haha I'm not sending the deposit in until I hear back from another school that I interviewed at, but I figured I'd get the ball rolling at least!

:(

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Got put on hold just now. Didn't know they did that. Also this is the second time in the application process that I've been put on hold.

how long does it take to schedule an interview date? I received the email that they want to interview me but they will get back to me when I will be interviewing

how long does it take to schedule an interview date? I received the email that they want to interview me but they will get back to me when I will be interviewing

I think I got that email on Sunday, and then the called me the following Wednesday to schedule the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)

I received an II on 9/11 and I have not received a call to schedule my interview. I just received an email saying they will call me ASAP for my II due to a high volume of applicants.

Reactions: 1 users
It's been that way for me as well. I don't know if they are intentionally scheduling some of us later or what. It doesn't seem like they are going in order of when the interview was offered.

Reactions: 1 users
you take your gpa multiply by 10 and add it to your mcat (the old mcat not the new scoring)
so for example
3.5 x 10 + 30 = 65

Last edited:
60-65 is the competitiveness factor i applied with.
you take your gpa multiply by 10 and add it to your mcat (the old mcat not the new scoring)
so for example
3.5 x 10 + 30 = 65
Thank you! I did not know about this! I wish you good luck with your other applications, keep your head up and stay optimistic!! :)

60-65 is the competitiveness factor i applied with.
so for example
3.5 x 10 + 30 = 65

It's more (cgpa*10)+(sgpa*10)+MCAT.

If you guys have any questions about interviewing or matriculating at CUSOM, feel free to PM me.

If you are a compassionate, hardworking, fun-loving person with a heart for service, you will love CUSOM. I don't regret for one second coming here.

/plug ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I canceled my interview and withdrew my application from consideration. I am hoping the slot goes to one of you lovely folks. Best of luck!!!

Do they inform you if they aren't going to give you an II? Verified 9/25, just wondering how long it takes to hear about II.

I canceled my interview and withdrew my application from consideration. I am hoping the slot goes to one of you lovely folks. Best of luck!!!

Where did you decide to go? I'm having a tough time deciding between this school, CCOM, and LECOM-B.

Do they inform you if they aren't going to give you an II? Verified 9/25, just wondering how long it takes to hear about II.
I was complete 9/26 and received an email for II on 10/2 but haven't scheduled II yet

Haven't read through entire thread so idk if this has been touched on yet, but is anyone having trouble doing the drug test? I filled out the background check and submitted that just fine but when I went to do the drug test application with the different code specifically for the drug test I just got the background application again? I even made a new account like it said with a different username and email???

Haven't read through entire thread so idk if this has been touched on yet, but is anyone having trouble doing the drug test? I filled out the background check and submitted that just fine but when I went to do the drug test application with the different code specifically for the drug test I just got the background application again? I even made a new account like it said with a different username and email???
I have not started the process however a poster earlier ran into the exact same issue as you. Look 1-3 pages back.

Got II email 10/5. Ill be there 10/13 for interview. Any advice? I am super excited and highly interested in attending the school.

@appleball5 The people at the school are very friendly and the interview was really like 3 separate conversations more so than an interview. Drink a lot of water and be friendly.

@appleball5 How did you get such an early interview? I got an offer three weeks ago and the only ones available were in November. Regardless, congrats on your interview! =]

Anyone know if they are receptive to us calling them and scheduling an interview.... instead of waiting for them to call us.

Anyone know if they are receptive to us calling them and scheduling an interview.... instead of waiting for them to call us.

I would like to know this as well, I think I got the II ten days ago and haven't heard from them yet!

@appleball5 How did you get such an early interview? I got an offer three weeks ago and the only ones available were in November. Regardless, congrats on your interview! =]
People cancelling interviews :)

has anyone else had issues accessing the academic bulletin in the matriculation paperwork? It says it should be available by the end of September when I click on the link, but obviously we're past that now. Also, does anyone know if theres a facebook group for the class of 2020? :)

has anyone else had issues accessing the academic bulletin in the matriculation paperwork? It says it should be available by the end of September when I click on the link, but obviously we're past that now. Also, does anyone know if theres a facebook group for the class of 2020? :)
any specific info you want?

Anyone have luck with calling them and scheduling an interview? Or is the general consensus just to sit and wait for them to call?

Accepted!!! Got the call and email while I was at work today! Interviewed Monday!

Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTED!!! Interviewed Tuesday. OMG I cannot contain my excitement!!

Reactions: 5 users
Totally understandable!! This is awesome, I think I would faint congratulations!

Wait a sec! I interviewed Monday as well. If I didn't get a call yesterday am I rejected??? o_O

The website looks the same. You have to enter all the info again for some reason. The cost is different than the background check. After you pay and submit, it tells you where to provide the sample

Got an email yesterday that says the academic bulletin is "coming soon"

Wait a sec! I interviewed Monday as well. If I didn't get a call yesterday am I rejected??? o_O

I wouldn't worry just yet, they said decisions are delayed this week because of the Dean being gone on a trip. Monday at the latest is what they said! Good luck!!

How did you think your interview went?

I wouldn't worry just yet, they said decisions are delayed this week because of the Dean being gone on a trip. Monday at the latest is what they said! Good luck!!

How did you think your interview went?
I thought it went pretty well. My second and third interviews were really smooth. My first one was also pretty good right up until the last question he asked me which was a tough one. If, as a physician, I was on an advisory panel to the United States President and the Affordable Care Act wasn't working too well, what would I suggest in amending the Affordable Care Act? I kinda struggled with that a bit. Didn't exactly have a "kock-em'-dead" answer.