Campbell University (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know the admissions office hours and days open during Christmas break??

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone who was accepted during the past couple weeks heard about scholarship considerations?

The process is long. I was accepted early November and am just now receiving the scholarship. Expect about six weeks total, plus another week for the lost time during Christmas. Good luck, I hope you hear back from the scholarship committee.

Reactions: 1 user
I withdrew from this school 2 weeks ago, but they still keep sending me stuff in the mail, i just got a cute Christmas ornament. They are super nice!

Members don't see this ad :)
I withdrew from this school 2 weeks ago, but they still keep sending me stuff in the mail, i just got a cute Christmas ornament. They are super nice!
Same, their marketing department is on point

Reactions: 4 users
how long does CUSOM allocate to students for dedicated board studying?

how long does CUSOM allocate to students for dedicated board studying?
off the top of my head, so I might be a little off. this years class has a 3-4wk dedicared board prep course (kaplan I think) followed by a 6wk window in which to take your boards. If you score well enough on assesments, you can skip the board prep class

I was wondering if you could give me your opinion about required lecture and the dress code at CUSOM. I'm considering accepting my offer to the school but I have some worry about these two policies. Thanks!
The school is pretty firm on them. Some people gripe about it constantly but most of us accept it as part of the deal. I look at my career track if I hadn't got in to Campbell and view a tie as a small opportunity cost.

I recently shadowed at CUSOM, and i was wondering if:
1- CUSOM is planing an EM medecine program
2 - where Will you guys go 3/4 year rotations, how do you get assigned a site.
We have 1 EM residency up and running and another approved that is waiting on funding.

rotations are in 6 different areas, you get assigned one for the two years via a "match" that we do in house. You get to rank your top choices but you aren't guaranteed any particular place. salisbury, goldsboro, raleigh, harnett, fayetteville, lumberton

Is there like a CUSOM Class of 2020 Facebook page for accepted students? Do you only get invited after submitting the deposit?

Is there like a CUSOM Class of 2020 Facebook page for accepted students? Do you only get invited after submitting the deposit?
Someone made one a while back. Just search for it in Facebook and they should let you in

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing here on 1/12. I haven't looked through all the pages of posts (30 pages yikes!), but does anyone know of a good hotel to stay at near the school for a good price?? Thanks!

Interviewing here on 1/12. I haven't looked through all the pages of posts (30 pages yikes!), but does anyone know of a good hotel to stay at near the school for a good price?? Thanks!
microtel lillington, a mile down the road....and literally the only thing close

Interviewed Dec 15 and just got the email rejection today.

Was rejected post interview yesterday via email, called for feedback and was told the committee decided 'I wasn't a good fit.' I asked a bit more about if it had to do with the interviews but was told there was nothing about that on the committee notes. Any idea what to make of that?
How do you feel you did on interview day?

is this school good? why are u guys applying here so expensive, low grades? i keep getting emails from them and creighton. theyre all over google ads

is this school good? why are u guys applying here so expensive, low grades? i keep getting emails from them and creighton. theyre all over google ads

What?

Reactions: 3 users
With the rejection emails having gone out already, that means that the dean has signed off on admissions decisions and we should be hearing back soon. Good luck everyone!

They must just be deciding acceptance or wait list for dec 14/15 interviews. Good luck to all! Excited at the possibility of being the part of CUSOM 2020

They must just be deciding acceptance or wait list for dec 14/15 interviews. Good luck to all! Excited at the possibility of being the part of CUSOM 2020

I was under the impression that the Dec 14/15 group was either accepted or rejected. From some posters here, those who received interview invites after this group were told that the interview was for the wait list. Either way, good luck to everyone waiting for The Call!

Last edited:
Has anybody who interviewed 11/30 or 12/1 or after heard anything about scholarship offers? Or received a shirt/ornament in the mail?

does anyone know anything about the drug screening locations? I vaguely remember somebody posting on here or at the interview about where to go to look for locations if you're not from NC but i can't remember and need to get it done!

Oh my Lord, Campbell. JUST. CALL. ALREADY.

I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS MESSAGE JOY!

Reactions: 1 users
Which Basic Life Support Course are we supposed to take? I don't think it says on the matriculation website and the AHA website offers 4 different types of courses. I want to say it's the BLS for Healthcare Providers but could we do the one that is just online? Or must we attend a class in person?

Which Basic Life Support Course are we supposed to take? I don't think it says on the matriculation website and the AHA website offers 4 different types of courses. I want to say it's the BLS for Healthcare Providers but could we do the one that is just online? Or must we attend a class in person?
It says in the matriculation document it's the one for health providers. I think the online one is fine since you have to pass an in person class as well before you're fully certified. As long as you can present the documentation.

Just got off the phone, this Fridays admission meeting is cancelled. Next meeting is on the 15th is what I am told.

Just got off the phone, this Fridays admission meeting is cancelled. Next meeting is on the 15th is what I am told.

Not sure what that means for people from the Dec.14-15 interview cohort.

Anyone hear anything at all?
I say give them a call. Usually people that get accepted hear back before people that get denied but maybe some sort of mistake happened.

Received a II for Feb and when on the phone with them they gave me a heads up that it was for the waitlist. Was very quick to point out, however, that there is a lot of movement off the waitlist. So take that for what it's worth.

If you don't mind sharing, when did you receive the II e-mail? I'm just trying to get an idea of the turnaround between receiving the invite e-mail and actually receiving a phone call regarding the scheduling of a date. They e-mailed me the second week of December but have not yet followed up about a date for the interview. :confused:

If you don't mind sharing, when did you receive the II e-mail? I'm just trying to get an idea of the turnaround between receiving the invite e-mail and actually receiving a phone call regarding the scheduling of a date. They e-mailed me the second week of December but have not yet followed up about a date for the interview. :confused:
if you want a rough estimate I got my email that I was going to be offered an ii on november 7th and I got the email to schedule on december 1. My interview is on feb 1 and I was told that it was most likely for the waitlist as well

if you want a rough estimate I got my email that I was going to be offered an ii on november 7th and I got the email to schedule on december 1. My interview is on feb 1 and I was told that it was most likely for the waitlist as well

Thanks for the timeline! I'm assuming that Christmas break probably isn't helping facilitate the process either, lol.

I received mine the first week of December.

I know someone last year who was offered an interview in March for the beginning of April for a waitlist spot, was called two days later and offered admission. Theres a ton of movement off the waitlist. Its definitely not a bad thing.

I know someone last year who was offered an interview in March for the beginning of April for a waitlist spot, was called two days later and offered admission. Theres a ton of movement off the waitlist. Its definitely not a bad thing.

I withdrew my app, I'm applying next cycle. I spoke to admissions a few times and I was told the same thing. Being on the waitlist is really not a bad place to be :) thought I'll spread around some optimism for everyone waiting so anxiously! have a wonderful day everyone!!

Does anyone know if Campbell will call the December 14/15 interviewees today?

Does anyone know when/if orientation is and when the first day of classes are?

Does anyone know if Campbell will call the December 14/15 interviewees today?
I'm wondering this too! Has anyone from the Dec 14th/15th interview dates heard back today?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk