Can I mail my own recommendation Letter to prehealth committee?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LabRat86

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I asked my supervisor for a letter of recommendation some time ago, I gave him the form and envelope and everything. Today he told me that he had placed the letter in my mailbox and told me to mail it myself, am I allow to do that? Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

So I asked my supervisor for a letter of recommendation some time ago, I gave him the form and envelope and everything. Today he told me that he had placed the letter in my mailbox and told me to mail it myself, am I allow to do that? Thank You

By your mailbox, you mean your school mailbox? You're technically not supposed to, but as long as the return address is his, it should be fine. Do you have the option of asking your school to mail it for you?

I think it's fine. One of my prof's did the same thing. He gave me the letter to mail to my letter service. He did sign the back seal of it, though. Plus, I don't think anyone is really going to know who actually mailed the letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually, he just put the letter in the mailbox, no envelope or anything. I guess I'll just mail it myself to my school's pre-med committee.

I have nothing to add to the above answers, except I found the thread title funny.

"I whole-heartedly recommend myself for medical school. I have known many students interested in pursuing medicine, and I can objectively say that I am within the highest level of performers..."

I have nothing to add to the above answers, except I found the thread title funny.

"I whole-heartedly recommend myself for medical school. I have known many students interested in pursuing medicine, and I can objectively say that I am within the highest level of performers..."

:laugh:
That was worth the addition.

...How did I not think of that?