Canadian Acfd Eligibility Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MACEDON

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anybody getting ready for the next eligibility exam in Canada or has anyone recently passed or almost passed IT. I hear that the next May exam is going to be pretty much easier that the passed ones and the ones to come. NEED SOME INSIDE INFO, LET'S SHARE, LET'S UNITE, LET'S KICK ASS :smuggrin: !!!!

Members don't see this ad.

MACEDON said:
Is anybody getting ready for the next eligibility exam in Canada or has anyone recently passed or almost passed IT. I hear that the next May exam is going to be pretty much easier that the passed ones and the ones to come. NEED SOME INSIDE INFO, LET'S SHARE, LET'S UNITE, LET'S KICK ASS :smuggrin: !!!!

well thats great news :D
BUT whre are v going to get the INSIDE INFO???????????????????

Yeah thats a great news .Any body who has taken this exam before pls submit previous questions on this site. But how do you have all this information. : :smuggrin: !!!
:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
MACEDON said:
Hi there
can u guide me step by step procedure for ,how to apply for AFCD exam.
and how many parts /steps to get dental licence for foreign qualified dentists
in canada.
thanx
my email id is [email protected]

really appreciate ur help :)
kapark

Hi
To apply to ACFD visit their website: www.acfd.ca
After you get you u think is a good score apply to the different universities with their requirements.
From there it depends upon the schools to call you for the interview or not but all of these schools have practical exams so you will have to prepare for those.
The biggest thing at this point of time is to get a good score and leave the rest for later on.

All the best and hope this helps you a little.

Hi Everyone

I really dont know from where someone got the information that the coming EE is going to be easy. Please dont get your hopes high and prepare to the best of your ability.

One thing that I want to bring to your attention is that NDEB changed the exam for their regular students which almost everyone found to be difficult. I will try and get some questions from those students and post them so that people who gave their exam in sept can see if they are the same or not , otherwise it is just a hunch that the exam format might be changed again. i am not sure when I will be able to post those as right now these students are writing their exams.

Not to get your hopes down but just want to help so that everyone can get a good score and move on.

All the best.

bridge said:
Hi
To apply to ACFD visit their website: www.acfd.ca
After you get you u think is a good score apply to the different universities with their requirements.
From there it depends upon the schools to call you for the interview or not but all of these schools have practical exams so you will have to prepare for those.
The biggest thing at this point of time is to get a good score and leave the rest for later on.

All the best and hope this helps you a little.
Hi Bridge
thanxs for the info.
how much score u need for this exam and where i can get study material for this.Do they have any exam centre in usa or need to go tocanada to appear in this exam. :confused:
THANX

Hi
You need to come to Canada to write this exam specifically either Toronto or Vancouver.

Hi Bridge,
Is this mentioned somewhere that NDEB format has changed on the web? Please if you find out about any questions ,do post them as it will benifit all of us ( as you know that the next exam is on May 13).
Thanks
Nkhalid

Hi NKhalid

No it is not mentioned anywhere that the format has changed. What I ment by format being changed was that till last yr they were getting questions a lot form the previous question papers but this time they did not even have 10% repeats. I will try my best but cannot promise you anything as the people who will give me these questions start writing their exams from tomorrow - final exams so I cannot disturb them right now. I hope u will understand my position.

Hi....Im giving my EE this may....wanted to know if they have questions coming from Part 1, as most of the people suggested that Part 2 prep is more than sufficient.Kindly adv

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi....Im giving my EE this may....wanted to know if they have questions coming from Part 1, as most of the people suggested that Part 2 prep is more than sufficient.Kindly adv

hi gori
plz don't be mistaken .there r definitely going to be few questions from part 1.

Hi Bridge
If you will post some questions from latest Ndeb,will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

Hi Bridge
Please fullfil the promise and Post some questions...................
Please................................................. ;)
regards

Hi

I will definately do so but cannot do so before the end of next week as those students are still writing their exams which will end sometimes next week.

bridge said:
Hi

I will definately do so but cannot do so before the end of next week as those students are still writing their exams which will end sometimes next week.
Hi Bridge
Counting on You. :thumbup: :thumbup: :)

Hello ! I am appearing for ACFD this May. I am reffering to old questions and Dental Decks. If intrested in sharing study matirial and admission info. email me at [email protected]. Best of Luck. Chirag. :luck:

MACEDON said:

drchirags73 said:
My email add is [email protected] we can exchange contact details through eachothers emails if intrested in teaming up. Best of luck. Chirag. Saraiya. :thumbup:
HI
i am also prep.for EE.I want to know that what language test u guys are taking or have taken (e.g,TOEFL,IELTS etc,etc,).I have taken TEFL IBT and got 84 but UWO requires 86 and UofT requires 100.so,i want to know that which test you suggest regarding this.
+ are u giving more attention to decks or books for EE?
thanx

hi
do u have any information about that after finishing dds in canada ,can a dentist work in US .

sweet1 said:
hi
do u have any information about that after finishing dds in canada ,can a dentist work in US .

Yes, you can work in the US after finishing an Advanced Standing Program in Canada. However, you have to take the American NDBE I and II, and I think the State Board in which you want to practice dentistry.

Hi doctor,

Let me know if intrested in teaming up to prepare for the eligibility exam.

Best of Luck.

Chirag. :luck:

unlimitedideaz said:
hi... any1 preparin for EE or Part1 in mississauga?

drchirags73 said:
Hello ! I am appearing for ACFD this May. I am reffering to old questions and Dental Decks. If intrested in sharing study matirial and admission info. email me at [email protected]. Best of Luck. Chirag. :luck:

Hi, I wish we can exchange some questions regarding the eligibility exam. I would like to join a study group if that was available. I live in Toronto. If you can meet with me, I'll be glad. Hope to hear from you soon.

Sawsan

unlimitedideaz said:
hi... any1 preparin for EE or Part1 in mississauga?

I live in Toronto, I wish if we can meet and exchange pass papers and information.

Wish to hear from you soon.

Sawsan :thumbup:

drchirags73 said:
Hi doctor,

Let me know if intrested in teaming up to prepare for the eligibility exam.

Best of Luck.

Chirag. :luck:

hello, i'm an immigrant from europe where i graduated dentistry...well, i'm interested in some question-type for acfd, and which research materials are mostly prefered. would you please send it a.s.a.p on my email address [email protected]

P.S thanx and stay in contact ;)

Hello,

I am located at Wiston Churchill. Time is short for the May exam. If intrested in Meeting up on the weekend to share our exam preparations email me at [email protected]

Best of Luck.

Dr. Chirag. Saraiya.

ilyasahmed said:
yes i am preparing for ee exam for may 2006 and i am from mississauga. :)

ilyasahmed said:
yes i am preparing for ee exam for may 2006 and i am from mississauga. :)

Hi, I live in Toronto, I'm also going for the May 2006 exam. Can we meet somehow so we can exchange questions and materials, or we can even join a study group if you know one. Please contact me on [email protected] if you're interested. I have the materials on paper, so I cannot give them through Email. I wish we can meet face to face if you have time. I am available on daily basis. Thank you

Hello Dr. Iliyas, I have not been to the library before. I hear it is a huge complex. Which place exactly do we meet. Please give me some land mark.

Call me.

Thanks.

Chirag.

drchirags73 said:
Hello,

I am located at Wiston Churchill. Time is short for the May exam. If intrested in Meeting up on the weekend to share our exam preparations email me at [email protected]

Best of Luck.

Dr. Chirag. Saraiya.

drblack said:
Hi Bridge
Still waiting to get some information on the NDEB exam. I am hearing all kinds of rumors that the exam was really unexpected. Correct me please.
cats :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hi Bridge,
Can you please update us about NDEB? Exam was really unexpected...................
I,m really getting nervous.
Bye
Nkhalid

Hi
Sorry I had to go somewhere so could not reply earlier. I just reached back so will try and post the questions this weekend. The exam NDEB was indeed very different from the last one with about less than 10% repitition from the last exams.

All the best everyone

As promised here are some questions or topics tested in NDEB exam this year

1. In general know about pulpotomy,pulpectomy, internal resorption.
What to do if internal resrption just started.
A. Treat
B. Observe for 6 months.

2. In selective grinding which cusps u dont touch.
3. If contact in excursive which cusps to grind.

4. How to Tx Ameloblastoma

5. How to Tx cysts.

6. Tx of ANUG- a few questions - appropriate antibiotics, know bacteria.

7. Favourable fracture.

8. 4 yr old intruded incisors (4mm) what Tx.

9.Pregnant female what analgesic is contraindicated- ASA

10. Bacterial endocarditis ( few questions)
- functional murmur- any Tx
- prosthetic jn
- Pen allergy- Clindamycin

11. Gardners syndrome, cleidocranial dysostosis

12. Pteygopalatine fossa- maxillary nerve

13. What would happen if you gave an injection into the parotid ( facial paralysis)

14.Eryhtema multiforme- characteristic lesions.

15- Know NSAID,s - Ketorlac, Naproxen , ASA, ( contraindications , proper doses)

16. Most important factor in prognosis of periodontal surgery-
- plaque control
- flap size
- initial incision.

17. A lot of oral pathology-
-Infectious mononucleosis
- Rubeolla
- Rubella
- Candidiasis( TX)

18. Know spread of infection.

19. Pedo classification of occlusion.

20. Envelop of mand. movements.

21. Some questions about implants-
- where would the implants be most successful ?

From what I have seen in these questions and talked to these guys know your oral pathology really well and most questions are tough but clinically oriented regarding other subjects like what will you do if this happens.

I hope this helps you folks.

Hi bridge,
Thanks for keeping your promise, I really appreciate it.
Nkhalid

Hey guys thanx for everything I am just trying to pitch in a little from my side.
From what I am seeing from the questions posted and the ones I have put up it seems they are from the same pool. So please check them out very carefully.

Also i do understand each one is working very hard but confirm them before you actually stick to those. I have seen some controversial answers with which I dont completely agree for eg the ADA antibiotic prophylaxis. Valvular dysfunction is major concern for prophylaxis but it is excluded from the list. So please double and triple check alll the answers it is worthwhile.

From my personel experience I remember reading somebody's answers and writing the exam and then next time when I verified there were about 10-15% wrong answers . Also when you read to confirm those answers you may just come up with something important and it may help u later.

All the best everyone and hoping that each one succeedes in their endeavours.

does anyone know what's the problem with the may 2006 exam prep thread....cause when I try to get into it it says invalid thread...am I the only one having this problem?????

yep i m having same problem in accessing to EE thread .
i have a quest pls reply me that what language tests you guys took as i took TOEFL IBT and got 84 but many UNI.require 86 so i ll have to take this again after EE .So,pls can anyone guide me that what test should i take.As i have to take this immidiate after EE soz many unis.have their deadline for receiving applications just after may.
Pls.guide me ,i will be highly thankful.

gag said:
hi gori
plz don't be mistaken .there r definitely going to be few questions from part 1.

Hii Gag
heard u joined dental school...is it university of toronto...?

drblack said:
Yeah thats a great news .Any body who has taken this exam before pls submit previous questions on this site. But how do you have all this information. : :smuggrin: !!!
:thumbup:

I did write the exam last september and together with some other applicants on that date has gathered and wrote down around 80 questions (out of 300). I will keep it for myself for the time being until anyone here shows he does have some more questions that we can exchange. Hurry up ! the exam is next saturday.

drchirags73 said:
My email add is [email protected] we can exchange contact details through eachothers emails if intrested in teaming up. Best of luck. Chirag. Saraiya. :thumbup:
hello well i am new in this forum.and i am from pakistan.i am preparing for ee.will u tell me what to study

ilyasahmed said:
yes i am preparing for ee exam for may 2006 and i am from mississauga.
aoa
well i think u r from pakistan.how was your exam.plz guide me in proper direction.
thanx

sweet1 said:
hi

DDS/DMD in Canada and United States are reciprocally recognized. If you are already a dentist in Canada and want to work in the States you don't have to do NBDEI &II. But what you must do is the regional board licensing examination ie. NERB, WREB etc. These are clinical exams unlike Canadian's which is OSCE.

DrToof said:
If you are already a dentist in Canada and want to work in the States you don't have to do NBDEI &II. But what you must do is the regional board licensing examination ie. NERB, WREB etc.

Really? If you're a practising dentist in Canada, you don't have to take the NBDE I and II? I always thought one has to take those to practise in the States in addition to the regional board licensing examination. Has it always been this way or is this policy new?

Status
Not open for further replies.