CAP advocacy updates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted314957

Am I the only one or do they always seem to convey a sense of groveling in the face of sneering insurers and/or various legislatures or government agencies? There are the occasional snippets of “good” news that we won’t be screwed as badly as we thought or something is delayed after much begging. But, overall, it seems to be pretty weak. It is to the point where people really celebrate an action that allows us to be paid for some professional service, as if it is a bone tossed to us.

Members don't see this ad.

I only skim their emails, but yeah I don't think I've ever seen any truly good news. Mostly it's meetings to urge government officials to reconsider cuts, and then later touting how the cuts were brought down to only 5% from 9%.

During the last election of CAP governors I actually listened to some of the candidates' Q's and A's, but there did not seem to be any distinguishing responses. Everyone repeated the same bland lines about advocating for reimbursement. I think there was even a question about pathology's competitiveness or social media reputation or something, but no one seemed to take it too seriously and there was no mention of number of residents or residencies.

Reactions: 1 user
They did an amazing job keeping the public safe when Theranos was running all those inaccurate tests as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
CAP is an advocacy group and accreditation body. What all do expect them to be able to do (aside from the Theranos issue)?

Reactions: 1 user
Read their mission statement again.

They didn't hesitate to make statements last summer on social issues.

Last edited: