Career changer or State school Pre-reqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MacGyvIR

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I’m hoping I could get some opinions as to what option would be best for me to take the pre-reqs required for medical school. I’m a career changer just about to turn 30. I’ve worked in many different fields, but recently decided that medical device sales isn’t what I want to do for the rest of my life.

My stats are not the best, but probably not the worst. I went to a city college then transferred to a state university and received my business degree, which at the time I was concurrently starting a manufacturing business, so to be honest I worked hard, but not as hard as I would’ve if I knew I would’ve wanted to gain acceptance to a medical school. My overall college GPA is touch over 3.0.

I’m not 100% sure if I want to try for medical or podiatry school at this point, but want to give both my best shot. The options I have are to take the pre-reqs at a state school or at a career changer program. If you were in my shoes what would you do, take the pre-reqs at a state university, or try and get into a post-bac/career changer program? The one career changer program I’m most interested in is Penn State’s Brandywine program.

Members don't see this ad.