Caseloads at Vet Hospitals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tbeezer

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a list of the caseloads at each vet school? I've been able to find a little bit of information like this by looking at vet school's websites, but many of them don't list any information about this.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of the caseloads at each vet school? I've been able to find a little bit of information like this by looking at vet school's websites, but many of them don't list any information about this.
i dont think theres a set published list for these numbers, but programs that go through the match for internships and residencies typically list their case loads, particularly for SA internships. you can review the program listings at virmp.org

Reactions: 1 user
i dont think theres a set published list for these numbers, but programs that go through the match for internships and residencies typically list their case loads, particularly for SA internships. you can review the program listings at virmp.org

I would have never thought to do this when I was applying to vet school. Genius!

As for the OP, I do know that Penn lists an estimate on the website somewhere. I think they give one for New Bolton too.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I would have never thought to do this when I was applying to vet school. Genius!

As for the OP, I do know that Penn list's an estimate on the website somewhere. I think they give one for New Bolton too.
I never thought of it either, both I sure paid attention when applying for internships and residencies! I direct our 3rd years there when they are picking clinical l schools too

This might be a dumb question, but how do you determine what a "good" caseload is from looking at the numbers on VIRMP? It's easy to see from the numbers which places are busier than others, but that might be overwhelming or it could be good, depending on how many cases each person is dealing with. I see they also list the number of faculty/clinicians for the program, but I'm still kinda confused. It doesn't help that I'm used to a GP environment, where each doctor might see a dozen or so patients in a day, but generally for much less intense issues that what vet schools see.