SGU 2028 vet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did you interview? Starting to get worried
My interview was on October 18th.

Waiting is the most stressful part, honestly. I didn't expect to hear anything until the 12-week mark in January. I'd say that no email still means they haven't made a decision yet and no bad news is good.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Ugh I hate this. I might email them. I haven’t heard anything and I interviewed 9.11
It couldn't hurt. They did say in one of their emails to "Please contact the admissions team if you would like an update on your application status at any time." so I say go for it

Members don't see this ad :)
It couldn't hurt. They did say in one of their emails to "Please contact the admissions team if you would like an update on your application status at any time." so I say go for it
I emailed them at the beginning of November, they said final determination wouldn't be until late November or early December. I am just paranoid because I know others had their interviews after me and I haven't heard back. But congrats on your acceptance!

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed them about my application and they haven’t reached a decision. I’m getting paranoid, because others who have interviewed after me have been accepted.

Just got an acceptance email this morning!! My interview was on 10/31

It took me way over 12 weeks to get a response so don't worry!

Just received my acceptance email for Fall 2024 start! I interviewed on 10/29

Reactions: 1 users
I can finally breathe!!!! I got accepted for the Fall of 2024 interview date was 09.11.2023

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 10/27, Accepted 11/29 for Fall 2024!!!

Reactions: 1 users
just received my acceptance for august 2024!!! interviewed 11/5

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know if there is a Facebook page for SGU CO 2028?

Same here! Do you know if we can check our place on the fall waitlist?
I asked and she said the waitlist is unranked and students are chosen at faculty discretion.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231213_194811_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20231213_194811_Gmail.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 150
Does anyone know if more fall 2024 offers will be made? The last post about a fall class acceptance (or any acceptance) was over a week ago, and a few people said they were waitlisted for fall and offered Jan 2025. It’s been 11 weeks since my interview and I’m so anxious. Was hoping to hear before Christmas but that doesn’t look like it’s happening.

Does anyone know if more fall 2024 offers will be made? The last post about a fall class acceptance (or any acceptance) was over a week ago, and a few people said they were waitlisted for fall and offered Jan 2025. It’s been 11 weeks since my interview and I’m so anxious. Was hoping to hear before Christmas but that doesn’t look like it’s happening.
I hope so 😭😭😭 I interviewed October 24th and it’s so disheartening seeing people who interviewed after me getting acceptances when I’ve heard nothing!

About how many students will be in each starting class for January and August 2024?

Hi y’all I got my acceptance for SGU a couple months ago. My deadline to accept an offer is April 15th. Will they rescind the offer if seats fill up by then?

Hi y’all I got my acceptance for SGU a couple months ago. My deadline to accept an offer is April 15th. Will they rescind the offer if seats fill up by then?
Definitely no. They are aware not everyone will accept so they use a waitlist.

Has anyone else STILL not heard anything? I interviewed 12 weeks ago today... I emailed them late December and they said it would likely be mid-late January, possibly after 12 weeks. I really dont know what to think and if I even still have a chance.

Has anyone else STILL not heard anything? I interviewed 12 weeks ago today... I emailed them late December and they said it would likely be mid-late January, possibly after 12 weeks. I really dont know what to think and if I even still have a chance.
I’ve been waiting more than 14 weeks and am really losing hope.

I interviews November 1st and still have not heard anything. I emailed them and they told me I would hear end of January early February. I’m just hoping they are delayed due to the holidays

declined my spot <3 good luck everyone!

Hey everyone! I applied late through the school and got an email notification that I got picked for an interview for the fall 2024 start term! How long did it typically take to hear back from your interviewers about a date and time? I sent them an email yesterday and don’t wanna be too pushy but I would like to get it scheduled!

Hello! Does anyone know if I can apply now for the fall 2024 start date through their website or am I too late?

Waitlisted for the August start but accepted for the January start date!! Also anyone know how the stray dogs are on the island? My dog is reactive from other dogs around my apartment running up on him and I’m worried about it happening to him while we’re studying over there too :/

AHHHH waitlisted for august but ACCEPTED FOR JANUARY!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! When did you interview if you don’t mind me asking? About how long was your turn around from interview to acceptance?
I interviewed October 24 so it was 14 weeks! Definitely don’t worry if it’s taking over 12 weeks

Does anyone know about how many offers they make from the waitlist? They didn’t really tell me when I asked! Thanks :)

Hi guys! I was hoping someone could give me some insight or advice on what to do in regards to making a decision about SGU.

I applied to 4 schools, and SGU is the only one I was accepted to. I am currently waitlisted at UC Davis (#18) and Florida. I also took a year off from school between undergrad and applying to vet school.

I currently live in Hawaii, and SGU being an island school is one of the things that drew me to it because the idea of going from one island to another really appeals to me -- I LOVE the island life -- and I really enjoy experiencing other cultures. However, I recently found out that a scholarship I was supposed to receive to help pay for vet school no longer applies to international schools (they changed the rules just after I interviewed with SGU), which makes SGU way more costly than I originally planned on it being.

Basically, I am trying to figure out if it is worth it to accept my seat at SGU and take on a higher debt load than I was originally planning on so that I don't have to wait another cycle and potentially not get in anywhere, or if it would be better to hope I either get off of one of the waitlists or try applying again next cycle to a school that I know I would receive my scholarship for?

Any insight or advice at all would be greatly appreciated!

• Care
Could someone explain how the 4th year matching works and just that whole process? I was a little confused with how it exactly occurs.

Could someone explain how the 4th year matching works and just that whole process? I was a little confused with how it exactly occurs.
During your couple terms prior to 4th year you rank 4 schools you want to go to that are on the list, which includes most US schools and some international schools. Each school has a GPA requirement and may require letters of rec, interview, or resumes. Then your 4th year clinical year coordinator will go over everyones options and figure out where you go based on how many others in the class want to go to the same place and your GPA. You usually get either your first or second pick school. Then they let you know what school you will be going to for 4th year 1 term prior so you have pleanty of time to figure out housing. Let me know if you have any other questions about this process!

can anyone explain the differences between Ross and SGU?
It's been spoken at length so some basic searching will give you a lot of results. There's even a Youtube video on it:

Basically for me the differences were:
1. Larger island (SGU) vs smaller island (Ross)
2. Higher NAVLE pass rate (SGU) vs lower NAVLE pass rate (Ross)
3. 4-year program (SGU) vs 3-year program (Ross)
4. Student attrition rate (both have high dropout rates but Ross is worse in that regard)
5. Subjective/anecdotal experiences from past students (Grenada being safer than St. Kitts, student support, pet transport to Grenada easier than St. Kitts, etc)
6. SGU cheaper than Ross

• Love
During your couple terms prior to 4th year you rank 4 schools you want to go to that are on the list, which includes most US schools and some international schools. Each school has a GPA requirement and may require letters of rec, interview, or resumes. Then your 4th year clinical year coordinator will go over everyones options and figure out where you go based on how many others in the class want to go to the same place and your GPA. You usually get either your first or second pick school. Then they let you know what school you will be going to for 4th year 1 term prior so you have pleanty of time to figure out housing. Let me know if you have any other questions about this process!
Do some not get a spot because of GPA requirements?