MD & DO cGPA/sGPA: 3.71/3.63, MCAT: 27 & 31

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rozmania

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was hoping you could help me understand my chances for this upcoming cycle/help me make a list of schools. I've listed relevant information below.

Basic Info:
State of Residency: Ohio
cGPA/sGPA: 3.71/3.63 --- Strong upward trend
MCAT: 27 (7/9/11), 31 (11,9,11)
URM: No, white male
Major/Minor: Biology/ Neuroscience

ECs
Volunteering: 150ish hours at a cancer hospital on campus.
Research: Been in my lab for 2+ years now, multiple poster presentations, won an award for best research at a poster day, helped publish a paper
Shadowing: I've shadowed 4 physicians for a total of 40 hours, working on getting more in
Peer Mentor: 50ish hours I've helped teach a freshmen survey class for one year, going on two. I work with the freshmen to help them adjust to campus, give them advice, etc. I'm also now head mentor and work with other mentors on scheduling and anything like that
MEDLIFE: 200ish hours - I am a member of MEDLIFE on my school's campus and I traveled to Peru on a service trip. We also fundraise year round on campus. Important: I did not take part in any medical procedures while on the trip. It was more wellness education and community development
Club: I was part of a class honorary my sophomore year and our philanthropic focus was to raise money for the cancer hospital affiliated with out school. I was also selections char.
Employment: This summer I will be working at a day camp as a counselor. The camp I am working at is inclusive, and focuses on overall wellness and being active throughout life. I will be working with elementary students.

Those are all the major things. Let me know if you would like more details. I didn't want to ramble on for too long.

School List:
Ohio State, UC, Wright State (Boonshoft), NEOMED, Toledo, and OU (DO).

I need help deciding on good OOS schools to apply to. Any input would be welcome!

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think you should invest in the MSAR. Fabulous resource for prospective applicants.

I think you should invest in the MSAR. Fabulous resource for prospective applicants.
I did after making this post, actually. The amount of information in that thing is amazing. Thanks for the suggestion.