Chance at MD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorbob23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, i posted something similar in the DO thread a while back but now i have updated stats and I really want to apply MD.

Do you think I have a shot at allopathic schools with a cGPA: 3.09 and sGPA: 3.40 and an MCAT of 514 (127,127,130,130)

Im a career changer, I work 2 nights a week at a hospital as a nurse for the past 2 years.

The reason for the low GPA is no direction my freshman year and taking like 8 classes and getting F's and not dropping. But for the past 2 years I have straight A's (4.0) which includes all my prereqs, biochem and the sciences.

I retook those F's so i could apply DO as well and its cGPA: 3.7 sGPA: 3.9 for osteopathic schools. But I really want the MD. Any shot?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
With that GPA I would say no, but depending on your state of residence you might get lucky with an in state acceptance. DObis your best bet, pick 10 or so schools you like and you should have a large number of interviews

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd say that you have a very good chance at MD. Start with your state schools!

The real trick will be to get human eyeballs on your app and not be autoscreened. But there are MD schools that believe in reinvention.

Hey all, i posted something similar in the DO thread a while back but now i have updated stats and I really want to apply MD.

Do you think I have a shot at allopathic schools with a cGPA: 3.09 and sGPA: 3.40 and an MCAT of 514 (127,127,130,130)

Im a career changer, I work 2 nights a week at a hospital as a nurse for the past 2 years.

The reason for the low GPA is no direction my freshman year and taking like 8 classes and getting F's and not dropping. But for the past 2 years I have straight A's (4.0) which includes all my prereqs, biochem and the sciences.

I retook those F's so i could apply DO as well and its cGPA: 3.7 sGPA: 3.9 for osteopathic schools. But I really want the MD. Any shot?

I think you have a fantastic shot at MD. Go for it!

I think you have a fantastic shot at MD. Go for it!

Haha good call. This guy has like 20 interviews already so I think he does have a pretty good shot.

holy ****tt 27 II OP are you Jesus himself

Reactions: 1 users
lol same here. I don't believe OP either but doesn't really matter to me anyways. I know people with 3.85+ GPAs and 520+ MCAT who are only 9 II in at most.

lol same here. I don't believe OP either but doesn't really matter to me anyways. I know people with 3.85+ GPAs and 520+ MCAT who are only 9 II in at most.
Its ok you don't have to believe me! Good luck to ur friends!

Drbob rocks!
Thank you :) Im grateful but we all just need one acceptance at the end to be physicians :clap:

There will be haters and nonbelievers and thats ok. I am so fortunate especially for my crappy situation. If anyone needs advice ill be happy to help via pm

Thank you :) Im grateful but we all just need one acceptance at the end to be physicians :clap:

There will be haters and nonbelievers and thats ok. I am so fortunate especially for my crappy situation. If anyone needs advice ill be happy to help via pm
Even though we do not each other but you are a great inspiration buddy! Keep it up. Very proud to be part of this community