Chance me! Trying to narrow down schools list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kickbum

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,
Just trying to narrow down my dental school list and would love any feedback!

Date of submission: Aiming for mid June
Overall GPA: 3.72
Science GPA:
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA:
DAT score (include AA and all sections):
AA:21 TS: 21 PAT: 22 Bio: 20 Chem: 20 Ochem: 25 QR:19 RC: 23
State of Residence: California
Undergrad Attended: Small California School
Major: Biochemistry, BS Biology BA
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: Gen: 70 hours; Ped: 45 hours; Endo: 4 hours; Oral Surgery: 9 hours;
Volunteering Experience: 30 hours volunteering at Elementary School; 140 hours on missions trip; 30 hours as Pre-Dental Club President; 128 hours as Ultimate Frisbee Club President; 16 hours of Hospital Volunteering
Employment: 240 hours as General Chemistry TA, 200 hours as Swim Instructor
Research: 120 hours of Research, 1 Poster Presentation, Will be doing a full time research internship this summer
Other Extracurriculars: President of 2 Clubs but I talked about that under volunteer experience
Relevant Honors or Awards: Dean's List for 5 semesters
LOR type and strength: Committee Letter Strong Letter of Recs
Misc Info/Things not stated elsewhere: I think that covers everything
School List: University of Michigan, UCSF, UCLA, UPenn, UPitt, UW, Loma Linda, Tufts, UoP, USC, UNLV, NYU, Western, Colorado

Be realistic. Do I have a shot at schools like UCSF, UCLA, and UPenn? I know my DAT scores are okay but not exceptional but I just want your honest opinion. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you have a good shot at most of the schools you listed. Penn and UCLA tend to have DAT score closer to 23 ish. So, that makes these schools a stretch school for you. But, you should good for UCSF at least.

Rest of the schools look just fine.