Chances? DO 3.9 science 3.8 overall 502 (123 CARS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GrantAlexander127

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are my chances. I have applied to the following schools.
Campbell U
Des Moines U
Lake Erie (both campuses)
Michigan State
Newark Institute of Tech
Nova
Ohio university
PCOM 2 campuses
University of Pikeville
West virginia
Touro College
Edward Via

Shadowed a MD for 2 semesters got 100 hours.
I have 400+ hours in a prostate cancer lab. I am attempting to get a full time job there with my biochem degree.
I hace 200+ clincial hours as a volunteer running tests on patients
I have construction work which paid for my books for 4 semesters
I have 70 hours working with handicap kids as a volunteer researcher
50 hours with handicap kids as a helper
tutoring
Good LORs
502 60% percentile MCAT and 3.9 science and 3.8 overall.
achievements are deans list every semester.

Im retaking the mcat. I got a very poor score but I'm interested in DO schools for this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Where do you live? You included schools such as ohio, msu, nyit, that all have regional biases.

Also MSU is like >80k OOS tuition...keep that in mind

Members don't see this ad :)
Drop Ohio for sure, they are very regionally biased. If I had your stats, I would apply to any program without a STRONG regional bias. That information can be found on this forum.

No need to retake the MCAT of you are aiming for DO schools. If you want MD then yes you need to retake, your chances are great for a DO acceptance

Reactions: 1 users
Drop Ohio for sure, they are very regionally biased. If I had your stats, I would apply to any program without a STRONG regional bias. That information can be found on this forum.
what forum, sorry I am new to this whole process.. I could use schools that are regionally bias.

what forum, sorry I am new to this whole process.. I could use schools that are regionally bias.

Use the search function at top of page. Do ALOT of reading. There are a couple of schools in Florida that should definitely be on your list.

Use the search function at top of page. Do ALOT of reading. There are a couple of schools in Florida that should definitely be on your list.
i added them.. I added alabama I added some Vcom schools too. and lake erie in florida.

Just avoid as others have said-- MSUCOM, OhioU-- and also University of New England(they have 90%+ New England matriculants) and Oklahoma State perhaps(OK resident preference)...... To make it easier, take a look at the AACOMAS matriculants data from last year-- should give you some insight to where most of the class is coming from in every medical school(just scroll down you'll see it)
http://www.aacom.org/docs/default-source/data-and-trends/2015_MatCOMState.pdf?sfvrsn=14

Next time you are going to throw money in a bonfire let me know and I'll come get it from you. MSU, OUHCOM, PCOM PA and NYIT is just a donation to the school.

Reactions: 1 user
Which state are yo from? It will help you infinitely if you apply to schools in your state. Some DO schools are very biased against out of state. As for your stats, you're a good match. Your gpa is really high for DO and your MCAT score is okay too if not the best. Good luck!

Just avoid as others have said-- MSUCOM, OhioU-- and also University of New England(they have 90%+ New England matriculants) and Oklahoma State perhaps(OK resident preference)...... To make it easier, take a look at the AACOMAS matriculants data from last year-- should give you some insight to where most of the class is coming from in every medical school(just scroll down you'll see it)
http://www.aacom.org/docs/default-source/data-and-trends/2015_MatCOMState.pdf?sfvrsn=14
thanks so much buddy

Next time you are going to throw money in a bonfire let me know and I'll come get it from you. MSU, OUHCOM, PCOM PA and NYIT is just a donation to the school.

I understand MSUCOM and OU, but why the others?

I understand MSUCOM and OU, but why the others?
They both heavily favor people from their respective states, or the region in general. Probably 90% of both schools are northeasterners