Change of class schedule, who to notify?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Z

Zyzzyva100

So I found out today that one of the classes I am taking in the fall will likely be cancelled to due a lack of enrollment. To avoid having to rework my schedule once classes have started, I have changed everything around so that my schedule works now, but this involved changing two classes.

Now the question is, do I need to notify AMCAS or every school that I am applying to? I am a graduate student, and so nothing that I am currently taking are for prereqs. Can I just let this go, and if asked just explain that it was a scheduling/offering issue, or do I really need to send letters to each school?

Members don't see this ad.

I just had a class get cancelled too. Does anyone know if it's really important to let them know, or will it just reflect on the transcript you submit to whatever school you get into? My class is not required either, so does it matter at all?

In my experience, it doesn't really matter if you don't let them know. Med schools know that issues come up with class times, registration, etc. They look at your future classes as a rough guideline for what you'll do in the future. My schedule ended up being pretty different from what I had down there and nobody ever said anything to me about it (and you have to send in a final transcript). Basically, I think as long as you stay in school and don't fall off the face of the earth - or you grades don't go down the toilet - you should be just fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info, I think I will just stick with your plan since I don't feel like sending out a letter to a million different places.

I'm signed up for 19 credits this semester and I'm dropping 16 of them and picking other classes. Don't sweat it, I'm not.