Chapman University School of Pharmacy receives Pre-Candidate status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChapmanPharmacy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Chapman University School of Pharmacy’s Doctor of Pharmacy program has been granted Precandidate status by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, 135 South LaSalle Street, Suite 4100, Chicago, IL 60603, 312/644-3575; FAX 312/664-4652, web site www.acpe-accredit.org.”

This status approves the opening of CUSP at the Harry and Diane Rinker Campus in Irvine in September 2015 for the 8 trimester accelerated Doctor of Pharmacy degree program.

Granting of Precandidate status brings no rights or privileges of accreditation as associated with either candidate status or fully accredited status. Precandidate status indicates only that planning has taken into account ACPE standards and guidelines and suggests reasonable assurance of moving to the next step, that of Candidate accreditation status. Since Precandidate status does not create any rights of accreditation under the ACPE standards, it is the opinion of ACPE that graduates of programs of Colleges or Schools of Pharmacy that bear Precandidate status do not meet the educational requirements for licensure.

What this means is that being granted precandidate status allows us to start classes this fall, but it isn't until we receive Candidate status next year that we will be considered "an accredited institution" for the purpose of our graduates being able to sit for the pharmacy boards.

Let me know if you have questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Is this the 12th school to open in California? Wow

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
i heard this was a great school will i get paid 100,000 per year wen i graduate

Let's keep this thread alive as a reminder of which pharmacy school to not go to

Reactions: 1 users