Other OT-Related Information Chatham Class Starting Aug 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gOT2beOT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there! Wanted to make a thread to see who else is going to attend Chatham! I am eager to meet future classmates! So thrilled!

I am a Pittsburgh local and can answer any Pittsburgh related questions anyone may have as well!

Members don't see this ad.

Wanted to thank you for your input on the other thread! I am the indecisive one who isn’t sure about forking over almost $100,000. Since I am in my late twenties though, the idea of being completely done with school sounds really nice :) I am now seriously considering attending here and am taking the weekend to make my final decisions. I will let you know what the outcome is :) If I do attend I know I will have lots of Pittsburgh questions.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey girl! Of course. Ah! Yay! Haha.

I know, its a hard pill to swallow. I struggled myself, especially when the reality of needing to quit my full time job to be a full time student sunk in. It took me a few days to commit as well. But then many people had stated that your education is your best investment and that really stuck with me.

Good luck with the decision making!! Xx

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Congrats on the acceptances to you both!! I interviewed at Chatham 12/8 as well and was wondering when you both heard back from them? I was told via email that I will receive my decision mid-January so I'm a bit anxious.

I heard back in December but I know they do a second wave of acceptances. Our decision was due yesterday and I actually declined due to cost because I got into two other more affordable programs- so there is a spot ready and waiting! Best of luck to you :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! Congrats on the acceptances to you both!! I interviewed at Chatham 12/8 as well and was wondering when you both heard back from them? I was told via email that I will receive my decision mid-January so I'm a bit anxious.
Hi there! I heard on 12/20! I know the first round would be sent out by 1/1 and then they said second round on 2/1!

Hi there! Wanted to make a thread to see who else is going to attend Chatham! I am eager to meet future classmates! So thrilled!

I am a Pittsburgh local and can answer any Pittsburgh related questions anyone may have as well!

I accepted a position at Chatham too! I have only been to Pittsburgh the one time for the interview. I'd love to know the best areas to live in? What sort of outdoor activities there are to do? Really any and all information would be great! I'll be moving there with my fiancee and our husky pup!

I accepted a position at Chatham too! I have only been to Pittsburgh the one time for the interview. I'd love to know the best areas to live in? What sort of outdoor activities there are to do? Really any and all information would be great! I'll be moving there with my fiancee and our husky pup!
Yay!!!

There are a ton of awesome neighborhoods near Chatham. I'd look into Shadyside, Squirel Hill or Lawrenceville as they are the closest! They are popular areas so it is a little higher cost of living but your commute would be short. You have Frick Park and Schenley Park right there near the city with walking and running trails!

Yay!!!

There are a ton of awesome neighborhoods near Chatham. I'd look into Shadyside, Squirel Hill or Lawrenceville as they are the closest! They are popular areas so it is a little higher cost of living but your commute would be short. You have Frick Park and Schenley Park right there near the city with walking and running trails!

Is there anything that you especially love about Pittsburgh? What is there to do there other than the parks? How bad does the weather get? I'm currently in California so I'm not really used to snow or even cold weather.

Im from Pittsburgh so I think Im biased. But I love that Pittsburgh is a big city made up of a ton of small communities and neighborhoods but together we are one. There is a ton to do, I thought you specifically wanted outdoor activities. There are tons of restaurants and entertainment venues throughout the city such as bars, sporting events, and concerts! You'll never be bored if you don't want to be. There is always somewhere to go or something going on.Additionally we are a global healthcare hub here with the major healthcare systems. There are tons of opportunities for fieldwork and growth within the field of OT because of the different opportunities in this city. The weather is not crazy. I feel like its comparable to other east coast cities. We get rain and snow but its nothing unmanageable and I personally think its nice to have the 4 seasons! Get yourself a parka and some boots and you'll fare just fine haha

Last edited:
Im from Pittsburgh so I think Im biased. But I love that Pittsburgh is a big city made up of a ton of small communities and neighborhoods but together we are one. There is a ton to do, I thought you specifically wanted outdoor activities. There are tons of restaurants and entertainment venues throughout the city such as bars, sporting events, and concerts! You'll never be bored if you don't want to be. There is always somewhere to go or something going on.Additionally we are a global healthcare hub here with the major healthcare systems. There are tons of opportunities for fieldwork and growth within the field of OT because of the different opportunities in this city. The weather is not crazy. I feel like its comparable to other east coast cities. We get rain and snow but its nothing unmanageable and I personally think its nice to have the 4 seasons! Get yourself a parka and some boots and you'll fare just fine haha

It all sounds wonderful! Thanks for all of your input! We are looking forward to the move out there this summer. I've heard only good things about the area. I'm hoping there is alot of hiking and outdoor activities but wanted to know that we wouldn't be bored during the winter months too!

They mentioned adding the incoming class into a Facebook group, do you know or have you heard when this will happen? I'm excited to chat more with you and the rest of our class!

It all sounds wonderful! Thanks for all of your input! We are looking forward to the move out there this summer. I've heard only good things about the area. I'm hoping there is alot of hiking and outdoor activities but wanted to know that we wouldn't be bored during the winter months too!

They mentioned adding the incoming class into a Facebook group, do you know or have you heard when this will happen? I'm excited to chat more with you and the rest of our class!
You definitely won't be bored! And you can always refer to us locals when you're here for more ideas on what to do!

I did not hear about this fb group! I hope to be notified of it/added to it soon!!

I just turned down my place in this program, so hopefully someone on the waitlist hears soon!