Class of 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what up yall. finished med school 3 weeks ago. wrapping up interviews now. life is good :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hope everybody is having a good holidays.

I'm just waiting to be like you stayclassy and be done with stuff. 7 interviews, 5 ER shifts, 1 week of lectures and 4 weeks of Heme/Onc and I'm there. Looking forward to 2/14.

Happy holidays all! I'm loving this break from third year. One more week on plastics when I get back, then onc surgery.

I'm headed to Tampa tomorrow with my Iowa graduate boyfriend for the game. Should be fun when LSU wins. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm headed to Tampa tomorrow with my Iowa graduate boyfriend for the game.
Haha he is a delightful grump. Have fun!

I am doing my best catching up on all these projects I managed to get suckered into. Ughhhhhh.

Also sleeping. God I love sleeping.

3 interviews left.

How about them UCF KNIGHTS BABY!!! Love my undergrad.

Also- Got 'the letter' from my #1 choice last week so really looking forward to match day now.

Hope you all are doing just as well. Keep on rocking it yall!

ksmi...you wont believe this but in an epic turn of events, despite 2 different lawyers saying I had little to hope for, after hearing what actually happened, the judge decided to dismiss my ticket(s) outright, no points no nada. *happy*dance*
Kids-please always make sure that the car you are renting is automatic unless you know how to drive a manual. The horror I lived through cannot be described adequately in mere words. An interpretive dance seems more fitting at this point.

Stay classy-I hope your love letter is for real. I don't trust them after hearing too many stories of those letters being followed by a match that proved them to be lies. That being said, I am still jelly, I aint got no skinkin program love letter.

17 down and just 3 more to go. I'm in the home stretch guys!

That's a lot!

I'm couples matching with dingy. :) From the random sample of people I've surveyed at my interviews, 15-20 seems like the average. I'm thankful that our two specialties (ob/gyn and medicine) are only moderately competitive but the entire process, particularly the beginning, was pretty brutal.

March 21st can't come soon enough!

Members don't see this ad :)
I like how some of us are starting to come back to this thread we all incredibly spent so much time in many years ago. I can't even begin to imagine having that much spare time anymore.

This month is my craziness - 2/7 interviews down so far and 1 half marathon to go.

I like how some of us are starting to come back to this thread we all incredibly spent so much time in many years ago. I can't even begin to imagine having that much spare time anymore.

This month is my craziness - 2/7 interviews down so far and 1 half marathon to go.
I do not envy you. December was gawdawful with 8 of my 12 interviews being more or less back to back to back...
I lasted 2 interviews in January before I just went: I am over this! and cancelled my 13th interview.
If I don't match, it will be my own damn fault but damn it feels good to be done. Now I gotta catch up on real life.

Hi friends! :)

Congrats to those of you done/almost done with interviews! Just 1 more to go for me.

Can't believe this process is almost over and we'll know where we're going in a little over 2 months.

As we slowly reunite over the next 2 months, can you guys post what specialty you're going into? Sorry, I only know for a few of you.

Floaty: ob/gyn

Anyone get emails from PD hinting at rank positions yet?

TooMuchResearch: EM
Tatastrophy: ENT
Metallica: RadOnc
Jackson: Psych

@osumc2014 Nope nothing yet. I got a "you made an extremely favorable impression" letter after an interview, but who knows if they send that to everyone.

Anyone get emails from PD hinting at rank positions yet?

Yes. They are BS. Probably means you will end up somewhere on their rank list, so they send it to influence you to rank them higher in an attempt to fill their spots. Not worth thinking about. Don't let it influence you.

TooMuchResearch: EM
Tatastrophy: ENT
Metallica: RadOnc
Jackson: Psych
Dr McSexy: ENT

Dr McSexy: ENT
naw McSexy you aren't allowed to like ENT, izzzz mineeee!
btws holy crap it feels awesome not to have any more interviews to deal with
but boo with ophtho and uro getting to know where they matched before us. I wish ENT was early match like the olden days.

Yay my 3 interviews, 3 days, 3 states are done! Just one more next week but it's more like a vacation (and it's prelim).

This last one has given me a lot to think about though... Tough decisions to make in a month.

I just checked with my student affairs office and I'm missing evaluations from 2 of my away rotations. One of them I didn't interview at and the other I'm going to rank pretty highly. Should I wait until after rank lists are due to bother the program I'm ranking for an away rotation evaluation? I'm guessing I could bother the non-ranking program now. Thanks in advance for all advice.

I just checked with my student affairs office and I'm missing evaluations from 2 of my away rotations. One of them I didn't interview at and the other I'm going to rank pretty highly. Should I wait until after rank lists are due to bother the program I'm ranking for an away rotation evaluation? I'm guessing I could bother the non-ranking program now. Thanks in advance for all advice.

I def would wait.

Aren't the evaluations through the medical school and residency through the residency department? I guess they could have some cross-talk though.
Quite often the residency program coordinator is entrusted with submitting the eval/grade to your school directly, it doesn't even go to the host school's main registrar.
and Met -6 days and then verryyyyyypolitelyyyyyy ask them if they could please submit it once they have a free moment in their busy day.

I am having tons of fun at Lilly.

Rank lists are in! Although where we match is decided in a mere 10 minutes they still have to make us wait almost a month.... Stupid.

Now to start emailing places I rotated at to give me evals.

Rank lists are in! Although where we match is decided in a mere 10 minutes they still have to make us wait almost a month.... Stupid.

Now to start emailing places I rotated at to give me evals.

I like to think they run the algorithm more than once, just in case it screws up, so it probably takes at least 20 minutes.

Reactions: 2 users
So excited for you guys!! I'm trying to set up research stuff for next year and also figure out my schedule. It's scary. Also surgery shelf in 1 week. Ick.

One week from today! Maybe we should revisit that facebook group and post where we match to see where we're all headed. Just a thought.

Good luck everybody! Just need to keep myself occupied all of next week. Monday could be anxious for those in competitive specialties (me included) but the real wait will be between Tuesday and Friday.

:luck: on match everyone!

P.S. glad to see this thread still dominates in total number of posts