Class of 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
You girls are perfect for this thread/convo. You are welcome to be unladylike, even.

:thumbup::thumbup: We prefer to keep it coed.

I'll see what I can do.

How much alcohol DOES it take to get into category B.....

I mean, at some point, too much alcohol causes technical difficulties...

Fact.

mmmm Extra IPA

I like hops.

I've decided that I can never like beer because I don't like hops. It's a problem.

Fine then, I'll post the icebreaker...

What would you do on your ideal first date with someone?

I'd probably say a cooking class. It's interactive and makes conversation easy, they usually serve wine, plus you get to find out if the other person is uptight or easygoing (and if they can cook at all :p)

where did you find a cooking class LOL

Since you're here baller, why don't you answer the question? :)

ideal first date...

I would love to go skydiving on a first date...the blood rushing and heart pumping just makes the attraction REALLLY intense..most girls are scared though, so anything that is that exciting is amazing to do.

but if i was feeling romantic,

brunch , emphasis on the UNCH on the pier or by some water/beach, followed by some physical activity

a drink or two at a bar getting some updates on some sunday football (of courrse!)

then somewhere quiet, sunset, something romantic, really get to know the person.

then off to my houseeeeeeeee ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the date has to be tailored to the person you are with. Here is my thought process:

I like to start with something fun. Something that can take the pressure off of the conversation, like indoor rock climbing. Plus, you get a nice view of her backside.

This is where we reach the first "check point." Here, I decide which category my date falls into: a) want to get to know her better :), b) hit it and quit it :D, or c) OMG get me the hell away from this person :smuggrin:.

If they fall into category a --> proceed to dinner where we can talk and continue to have a good time.

if they fall into category b ---> proceed to nearest brewery to eat and get her hammered.

if they fall into category c ---> re-evaluate for category b, if she doesn't qualify then drop her the hell off abruptly and fake like it's late and I have to work early tomorrow.

So essentially you've summed up the difference between interview, small-pool, and hold for re-review...
had to be nerdy for a moment

well you know you were in Cali a while ago and I never received a phone call...

Haha, nothing like meeting dudes from the internet when on a family trip. My dad is crazy (like many African dads). Trust me, neither of us want that.

Buuuut good news, I'll probably go visit my friend out there again soon. Just sayin.

I owe Cougs a visit too.

Are you sure you'd want me to take you on a date? ;)
Haha, actually, I would...you would be a superfun date:) We could go to shabu shabu....or The Counter. Then see a movie. Then karaoke. It would be epic:)

Haha, nothing like meeting dudes from the internet when on a family trip. My dad is crazy (like many African dads). Trust me, neither of us want that.

Buuuut good news, I'll probably go visit my friend out there again soon. Just sayin.

I owe Cougs a visit too.
YES YOU DO!

I owe Cougs a visit too.

I'm not just ANY dudeeee hahaha but I'll be close to Cougs anyways, and if my schedule fits, we can all meet up....hopefully your "soon" isn't 2013 or something haha

Boys. :rolleyes:

P.S. This feels like such a brofest right now that I'm intruding on. I'll leave you kids alone if that's what you'd rather have.

Sorry ksmi, my fault for the brofest. To make up for it I have a great icebreaker question for everyone:

If you were going to make an eharmony personal ad, what would it say?

This is an opportunity to brush up on selling yourself before interviews :laugh:.

my pseudo-eharmony ad:

Tall handsome future doctor seeks fun loving gorgeous woman for romance and adventure. Weekends, I enjoy surfing and laying out on the beach, but am always willing to stay for a walk along the shore at sunset with someone special. I enjoy the finer things in life, and want them for the important people around me. The perfect woman must like traveling to exotic destinations and experiencing new cultures. I appreciate a good sense of humor and she should too. No smokers, no drugies, no gold diggers.

Sorry ksmi, my fault for the brofest. To make up for it I have a great icebreaker question for everyone:

If you were going to make an eharmony personal ad, what would it say?

This is an opportunity to brush up on selling yourself before interviews :laugh:.

That's gonna take some effort. I'll answer when I'm killing time at work.

I hate iTunes. The new iPod update crashed my iPod and I had to restore it to factory settings late last night. :mad:

I don't get why people are complaining about the Call of Duty commercial, especially on ESPN. I don't see how that commercial is offensive at all or that Kobe being in it is disrespectful. They are missing the point that the commercial is just saying that "everyone" plays - I mean if they're all upset because he's a public figure then why not be upset about the nurses throwing grenades? Its just an empty argument.

cougs stars at the beginning of that commercial

also, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/17/man-arrested-for-shooting_0_n_784799.html really made me laugh. Apparently Bristol Palin's dancing on Dancing with the Stars is super bad and people think she hasn't been voted off yet due to a voter conspiracy...this guy got so angry over it that he shot his TV and pointed the gun at his wife and the SWAT team got called and had a standoff that lasted several hours...looool...just picturing the SWAT team surrounding this guy's farmhouse with its dumpy little broken TV cracks me up

I don't get why people are complaining about the Call of Duty commercial, especially on ESPN. I don't see how that commercial is offensive at all or that Kobe being in it is disrespectful. They are missing the point that the commercial is just saying that "everyone" plays - I mean if they're all upset because he's a public figure then why not be upset about the nurses throwing grenades? Its just an empty argument.

I thought the Call of Duty commercial was really awesome - one of the best video game commercials ever. For better effect though, they should have had a grandma firing a huge machine gun. Don't agree with their complaints at all.

sooo uhhh you guys remember when i said "i know where i'm going to school... unless a certain school offers me an invite in the next couple of weeks." well, that happened. i got an interview at THAT school in killadelphia!!!!!

sooo uhhh you guys remember when i said "i know where i'm going to school... unless a certain school offers me an invite in the next couple of weeks." well, that happened. i got an interview at THAT school in killadelphia!!!!!
Congrats :thumbup:

Grats cliffy!

Quick question people. This secondary is asking me about a "most important honor" you received. I haven't really received any awards to write home about, but two things *may* be considered an honor depending on the definition of the word.

Option #1: I used to be a screenwriter. One of the short films I wrote was directed by a guy with a $30,000 budget. It got screened at Paramount studios with a full house, including several executives and people in the film industry. The screening went well and many people liked the movie - would y'all count this? It was a special day for me because it was the first time people got to see a movie of mine outside of film school, and it was at Paramount no less!

Option #2: I was accepted into a new but very competitive internship. The internship is actually AT the school to which I'm completing the secondary for - I consider it an honor that I was selected among hundreds of applicants for one of 10 spots. The problem is I already talked about this program in another essay.

Leaning towards option 1, what do you guys think?

Grats cliffy!

Quick question people. This secondary is asking me about a "most important honor" you received. I haven't really received any awards to write home about, but two things *may* be considered an honor depending on the definition of the word.

Option #1: I used to be a screenwriter. One of the short films I wrote was directed by a guy with a $30,000 budget. It got screened at Paramount studios with a full house, including several executives and people in the film industry. The screening went well and many people liked the movie - would y'all count this? It was a special day for me because it was the first time people got to see a movie of mine outside of film school, and it was at Paramount no less!

Option #2: I was accepted into a new but very competitive internship. The internship is actually AT the school to which I'm completing the secondary for - I consider it an honor that I was selected among hundreds of applicants for one of 10 spots. The problem is I already talked about this program in another essay.

I think option one is more interesting. Since you already talked about 2, then it is a no brainer.

option 1 for sure, especially if its not mentioned any where else in your app. that'll stand out.

Guys, you can all take me on a date. We can negotiate the last sentence, depending on how great it is. ;)

:laugh:

Grats cliffy!

#1 for sure. :)

Congrats, Cliff! You'll be interviewing 2 blocks from where I live if it is the certain school I am thinking of. =) I know a couple people who go there and who might talk to you if you're interested.

Congrats on your acceptance, 4ksibe!

Congrats, Cliff! You'll be interviewing 2 blocks from where I live if it is the certain school I am thinking of. =) I know a couple people who go there and who might talk to you if you're interested.

Congrats on your acceptance, 4ksibe!
that would be cool

I found out last summer that I got into MSU-CHM through an early admittance program. Class of 2015!