Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And then you start to ask yourself...are they puppies, or are they hot dogs?

AND THAT'S WHEN REALITY BECOMES TRULY BLURRED.

hot-dog-costumes.jpg
:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
Placed on pre interview hold at a school I thought i had a good shot at. Totally ruined my day :(

Don't be sad. It's time for a nighttime snack of cheese. :thumbup:

i only have the processed singles kind, actually I have some legit cheese but no crackers to put them on. would it be weird if i just ate it

I went to a gluten free expo today. I sampled tons of food, brought home a bunch of free samples, and bought lots of discounted faves, like 30 Larabars for $5 and a $10 12-pack of Woodchuck. :D

I need to be studying for my biochem midterm instead of reading this thread. Oh well :)

Finally, I can say I'm going to be part of the Class of 2016 - got my first acceptance from Georgetown a couple days ago!

:)

Any Modern Family fans on here?

YES,

Up until the return of Community, Modern Family has joined 30 Rock and Parks and Rec in the holy trinity of comedies. Such an awesome show.

I think making Lily older as a great idea, she definitely adds to the comedy of this show

I adore Modern Family, but I haven't seen any of the new season at all. It was one of the shows the ex and I watched together :(

Finally, I can say I'm going to be part of the Class of 2016 - got my first acceptance from Georgetown a couple days ago!

:)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Although GT did reject me rather quickly. One time when I was shadowing in a hospital near my home I met a GT student doing an away rotation there, thought that was pretty cool.

Friend of mine (reapplicant) has been struggling this season. She's pregnant, working 3 jobs, low mcat, etc. Trying really hard. She's been rejected from all but two schools. She interviewed at both of these.

Anyway, one school sends rejections by normal mail, but acceptances / waitlist by certified mail. So she checks her mail last night, and she has a certified mail notice. But it's Saturday night, and since Monday is a holiday she won't know until Tuesday what's up.

Omg I couldn't live with that kind of tension!

Friend of mine (reapplicant) has been struggling this season. She's pregnant, working 3 jobs, low mcat, etc. Trying really hard. She's been rejected from all but two schools. She interviewed at both of these.

Anyway, one school sends rejections by normal mail, but acceptances / waitlist by certified mail. So she checks her mail last night, and she has a certified mail notice. But it's Saturday night, and since Monday is a holiday she won't know until Tuesday what's up.

Yeah, that kind of makes for a crappy weekend. Also, postal workers get every random holiday off from work. What's Monday? Presidents' Day? MLK Day? I can't keep track of all these holidays, but I do remember that April 19th is Bicycle Day.

I adore Modern Family, but I haven't seen any of the new season at all. It was one of the shows the ex and I watched together :(

don't worry. one day soon, you'll stop thinking of it like that...years later you won't even remember what you watched together. <3

Yeah, that kind of makes for a crappy weekend. Also, postal workers get every random holiday off from work. What's Monday? Presidents' Day? MLK Day? I can't keep track of all these holidays, but I do remember that April 19th is Bicycle Day.

presidents'...and i only know this because i've gotten a million shopping emails about presidents' day weekend sales.

MT, your friend must be on pins and needles. I am anxious for her. you'll have to let us know how it turns out!

Gah, what torture, hopefully it works out. let us know!

Good Morning folks! How's everyone doing today?

Is this a celebratory thread for accepted students? Where I don't have to discuss how sick I am of waiting? Wahooo class of 2016!

And, I love MF. Best show on TV. The use of the Oxford comma in the second to most recent episode is the most brilliant use of that comma ever. Hilarious.