Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
side note: i found out my friend's dad just left his position as chief of a top program. he is now RAISING LLAMAS:

i couldn't make this stuff up.

The PI of the lab I worked in freshman year decided to quit research in order to pursue farming with her husband. Last time I contacted her she was attending a mushroom-cultivating workshop.

Members don't see this ad.

The PI of the lab I worked in freshman year decided to quit research in order to pursue farming with her husband. Last time I contacted her she was attending a mushroom-cultivating workshop.

dafuq? She must be high all the time. If you know what I mean.. oh wait.. I said exactly what I meant. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)

Temperature needs to be relatively cool, but the air also needs to be very, very humid. These can be tough conditions to create in certain regions. Yay for fungus!!!

also, i'm hongry.
paella.jpg

Is this paella? I love love love paella. My 7th&8th grade spanish teacher made this for us once a year.. :love:

Is this paella? I love love love paella. My 7th&8th grade spanish teacher made this for us once a year.. :love:

you know whats better? Paella home cooked by a Spanish family while you're in a homestay during your time abroad in Spain. Paella is so damn good :love::love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Right on, lol.

That leads me to a good protip I found out very, very quickly.

When ya'll start school go to lectures at first (I am assuming your school podcasts in some form). But if you find yourself sleeping, on facebook, counting ceiling tiles, or anything else non-productive ditch it. Just double speed through lectures.

Don't keep going to lectures just because you feel you ought to because you're clinging to some notion that only the good students go to lecture. I assure you that is not true. If you generally learn via listening in person while someone reads slides to you then fine, keep going.

Some of my friends persisted with going to lecture when it really wasn't their study style. It does not lead to better grades for a ton of people and is a huge waste of time.

When ya'll start school go to lectures at first (I am assuming your school podcasts in some form). But if you find yourself sleeping, on facebook, counting ceiling tiles, or anything else non-productive ditch it. Just double speed through lectures.

Don't keep going to lectures just because you feel you ought to because you're clinging to some notion that only the good students go to lecture. I assure you that is not true. If you generally learn via listening in person while someone reads slides to you then fine, keep going.

Some of my friends persisted with going to lecture when it really wasn't their study style. It does not lead to better grades for a ton of people and is a huge waste of time.

This will definitely be me. Any lectures I go to now, I either sleep or end up on Facebook. Video is so much more convenient, especially since I know I'm not a morning person.

So hungover... :thumbdown: Hopefully Indian lunch buffet will cure it!

First 3 months, i plan to go to lecture. once winter hits, no.

i'm glad i live equidistant from where i do research and where i'll be going to school. I'll probably end up using the facilities at the former to get things done more often, truthfully.

Had an argument with my stupid landlord and now drinking my anger away so I don't lash out and get charged for assault bump.

Both of my past landlords have been nice, reasonable people, fortunately. I'm sorry this doesn't seem to be the case for you. :(

It's not at all, the guy is a total a-hole and I can't stand it, but the rent is cheap so I put up with it. Today was one of those times where I almost couldn't. Hence, the drinking.

New batman movie looks beast. Also, Prometheus comes out in 3D June 8th... My last day of school, I think. You know what I'm going to be doing....

我要夏天

Quiero verano ahora!

I'm so psyched for Batman. I still have to see the Avengers, too. It's a good summer for movies, that's for sure.

I haven't had any interest in watching movies lately. I get very bored when trying to do so. Short attention span, I guess. I just watch a 30-minute episode of Family Guy, and that's enough.

Post from phone bump

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

mmmmm hot bar at Whole Foods.
pb2.jpg

Also, bought PB2 today. 85% less calories and almost none of the fat of normal peanut butter. However, it's this dehydrated powder... I have to add water to it. I'll report my findings back. :cool:

mmmmm hot bar at Whole Foods.
pb2.jpg

Also, bought PB2 today. 85% less calories and almost none of the fat of normal peanut butter. However, it's this dehydrated powder... I have to add water to it. I'll report my findings back. :cool:

I've been meaning to try this for ages as I LOVE pb. How was it?!

3131120234_7d44ec6c10.jpg

Just got these. They're alright.

I threw up Snapea Crisps once, and I haven't been able to bring myself to eat them since. I ate them a lot before that, but now I have the association. Hopefully, I didn't just give it to you. :D

EDIT: Unexpected TOOOOOP!!! Oh yeah. :)

Epic song nobody will know:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbLEYQo98t0&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
I threw up Snapea Crisps once, and I haven't been able to bring myself to eat them since. I ate them a lot before that, but now I have the association. Hopefully, I didn't just give it to you. :D

really gross mental image of a pile of green goo on the floor now. :scared:

I will attempt to make soup tonight with ginger, pork bones and chayote . here goes nothing....

ginger2.jpeg

images

chayote.jpg

OMG I want to go here sooo bad, I'm a total roller coaster junkie so I would love Cedar Point.

It. was. AWESOME.

I too am a roller coaster junkie. They have amazing ones there. We waiting in line for one for an hour and a half, and it broke down when we would have gotten on within 10 minutes. -_- I guess that's what I get for going on opening day. But still, tons of fun. And I had a funnel cake sundae. Noms. And a heart attack.

fcjadepearli.jpg

It. was. AWESOME.

I too am a roller coaster junkie. They have amazing ones there. We waiting in line for one for an hour and a half, and it broke down when we would have gotten on within 10 minutes. -_- I guess that's what I get for going on opening day. But still, tons of fun. And I had a funnel cake sundae. Noms. And a heart attack.

fcjadepearli.jpg

e251c23f5cfdfdba097d9a7fb1b32803.png