Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still, do your cells beat?

Nope. Need a pacemaker or conduction pathway for that. Our matrix "beats" to help development.

Members don't see this ad.

4000 posts in this thread... yeah baby!

4000+posts.jpg

4000.gif

medium_jason-pants-giz.jpg

270_cartoon_4000_dead_large.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Ways to go then...

yea. dont expect to see fully function tissue engineered hearts in our lifetime, our children's lifetime, or our grandchildren's life time.

Now for therapy for damaged hearts that a different story. Thats doable

Canada is/was light years ahead of the US in stem cell research.

ehhh i wouldnt say yet. the most head way in MSC has been done at Harvard. The rise of BME/tissue engineering in the US is part of the reason that even with the ban the US is still up there for stem cell work

Members don't see this ad :)
better pay? hotter weather?

Fewer toques? :D

Because the US has money. Read the entire article there TMS.

I did read the whole article. Just seems like Canada would want to fund the research if they wanted scientists to stay in Canada for stem cell research. Isn't it usually true that the more funding a research project has, the more ahead it's likely to be?

Fewer toques? :D

I did read the whole article. Just seems like Canada would want to fund the research if they wanted scientists to stay in Canada for stem cell research. Isn't it usually true that the more funding a research project has, the more ahead it's likely to be?

Your logic is flawed. Because the money doesn't exist in Canada. My cousin does stem cell research at the University of Toronto and the new government in Canada is very conservative and anti-abortion, anti-playing god etc. So they're cutting research etc.

Canadian research has been on the ball for a long time...

http://www.thespec.com/feature/article/273991--blood-breakthrough-at-mac

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXL68SFxc4M[/YOUTUBE]

Your logic is flawed. Because the money doesn't exist in Canada. My cousin does stem cell research at the University of Toronto and the new government in Canada is very conservative and anti-abortion, anti-playing god etc. So they're cutting research etc.

Canadian research has been on the ball for a long time...

http://www.thespec.com/feature/article/273991--blood-breakthrough-at-mac

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXL68SFxc4M[/YOUTUBE]

Well I didn't say that you can't do meaningful research with less funding. But it seems like a lot if current research is very tech-heavy and requires a lot of money and time. So it makes sense that countries like the US have high research output, because they have a lot of funding. Also, even if Harper's government IS cutting research money, Canada certainly must be among the top countries when it comes to funding.

Well I didn't say that you can't do meaningful research with less funding. But it seems like a lot if current research is very tech-heavy and requires a lot of money and time. So it makes sense that countries like the US have high research output, because they have a lot of funding. Also, even if Harper's government IS cutting research money, Canada certainly must be among the top countries when it comes to funding.

If I end up back in Canada for med school... Harper won't be getting my vote.

I had one on my real MCAT...

Lenses are easy. theres a mnemonic to figure out the orientation of the image that i have used since 11th grade which cuts down my time of doing number crunching :laugh:

Went to my PI to ask him for Monday and Tuesday about it, and he was like oh SUREEE! then sat me down and proceeded to provide me with MCAT advice :)

so sweet!

The more I get acquainted with LLU while I research, the more I want to attend the school :(

share pls? :D

SIR(Smaller inverted real), RISS(Real inverted, same size), RIL(Real inverted larger) NON(no image) LUV(larger upright virutal) SUV(smaller upright virtual)

SIR-Beyond 2F.
RISS-2F
RIL-Between 2F and F
NON-On focus
LUV-In front of Focus

SUV:always diverging

nmemonic is

Seriously(SIR RISS) Real (RIL) Nuns(none), love(LUV), SUV's(SUV)

SIR(Smaller inverted real), RISS(Real inverted, same size), RIL(Real inverted larger) NON(no image) LUV(larger upright virutal) SUV(smaller upright virtual)

SIR-Beyond 2F.
RISS-2F
RIL-Between 2F and F
NON-On focus
LUV-In front of Focus

nmemonic is

sweet, thank you!
now, anything for mirrors? :( haha

SIR-Beyond 2F.
RISS-2F
RIL-Between 2F and F
NON-On focus
LUV-In front of Focus

nmemonic is

This is genius!!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaand top!

I can haz asian wife to cook me yummy fake chinese food??

Saggy, I am disappointed. Bed... so early? Tsk tsk.

You don't need an Asian wife to cook fake Asian food... if anything, you need a white person. Also, I make delicious fried rice :)

My philosophy... adcoms won't read it more than once. Why should I?

I don't have bad grammar/syntax. Therefore, one time is good enough.

Ugh, I spent so much time editing my writing.

Went to my PI to ask him for Monday and Tuesday about it, and he was like oh SUREEE! then sat me down and proceeded to provide me with MCAT advice :)

so sweet!

That's awesome. My PI from this REU liked to fist bump :laugh:

Although, the placeholder theory... keep the first and last letter the same... you can still make sense of waht I wirte.

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.

http://www.ecenglish.com/learnenglish/lessons/can-you-read

there must be some sort of syllable limit. i stumbled over "incredible"

sweet, thank you!
now, anything for mirrors? :( haha
Mirrors work the same as well. Concave/converging mirrors are like converging lenses.

Convex/diverging mirrors work the same as diverging lenses. No need to learn stuff twice.