Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
And interview season has officially started for me! Invited for interview at the University of Rochester. :D :D

:soexcited: Congrats, autotroph! (sorry this is coming a few days late...trying to catch up on all the spam)

Detroit Slappy?

Are you a native of the D?

You could say that, not exactly native tho. I'm from that other auto town, but I take a great sense of pride in Detroit and ultimately want to live and work in the area.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh hi there :hello: I don't think we've met before

Edit: referring to SCooperPhD

Mmmm...salads make AWESOME hangover food. Lettuce has a really high water content. :thumbup:

Oh hi there :hello: I don't think we've met before

Edit: referring to SCooperPhD

:hello: Yes, I have been a lurker all summer long and after being called out on this message board to join, I am now going to be the newest addicted member. I look forward to spamming SDN and going through the cycle with you and everyone else.

You realize where I'm going to take this right...

Oh, it's already been BROUGHT! :D

:hello: Yes, I have been a lurker all summer long and after being called out on this message board to join, I am now going to be the newest addicted member. I look forward to spamming SDN and going through the cycle with you and everyone else.

Yay, we are always accepting applications for new spammers...and unlike med schools, our standards are VERY low. :laugh:

A lot of people are old according to WYS's standards :smuggrin:

Well, everyone seems old when you're ten.

WYS is 10 years old.

Bazzinga!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSvFbWM1GnY[/YOUTUBE]

Does anyone else have the strange desire to one day get laid in a ball pit? AN ACTUAL BALL PIT, not a dirty metaphorical one.

Podiatrists make a pretty penny and they get to do surgery. Their quality of life isn't bad either. I didn't realize podiatry school standards were that low.

Yeah, where I work the podiatrists are the same as any other surgeon, just limited to a particular area. And, honestly, most surgeons are limited to a particular area. If I didn't have the stats for MD, I'd totally go to podiatry school. Even though I do hate feet.

New York College of Podiatric Medicine...

The profile of the average incoming first year student includes a 3.3 GPA and an overall MCAT score of 23. To be most competitive, you should possess a science and overall GPA over 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. It is recommended that candidates with less than a 2.75 grade point average consult the Office of Admissions prior to applying.

Podiatric Medicine sounds like a great back up.

Yeah, where I work the podiatrists are the same as any other surgeon, just limited to a particular area. And, honestly, most surgeons are limited to a particular area. If I didn't have the stats for MD, I'd totally go to podiatry school. Even though I do hate feet.

You secretly have a foot fetish. Let's get real.

I wanna do Anesthesiology or Cardio...

Gunners gonna gun. :smuggrin:

I'm going to do 4 categorical residencies... Radiology, opthalmology, anesthesiology and derm... all in 5 years. I'm Chuck Norris' off spring.

New York College of Podiatric Medicine...

The profile of the average incoming first year student includes a 3.3 GPA and an overall MCAT score of 23. To be most competitive, you should possess a science and overall GPA over 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. It is recommended that candidates with less than a 2.75 grade point average consult the Office of Admissions prior to applying.

Podiatric Medicine sounds like a great back up.

For sure...and we would all be shoe-in applicants. (Hehe, see what I did there?)

You secretly have a foot fetish. Let's get real.

I wanna do Anesthesiology or Cardio...

I think interventional cardio would be kickass.

Gunners gonna gun. :smuggrin:

I'm going to do 4 categorical residencies... Radiology, opthalmology, anesthesiology and derm... all in 5 years. I'm Chuck Norris' off spring.

Just roundhouse kick the residency director to the face and you're in.

For sure...and we would all be shoe-in applicants. (Hehe, see what I did there?)

I think interventional cardio would be kickass.

Just roundhouse kick the residency director to the face and you're in.

Interventional would be insane amounts of money. I don't know what I would do with it. Seriously. Plus I'd be working all the time, and I couldn't enjoy the cash.

At least with anesthesiology I don't have overhead... that's a big plus for me. I don't wanna manage office politics etc.

And, no... I'd just drop my pants and roundhouse slap him... ha ha ha ha

I've been trying to manage a vegas meetup with everyone (on the fb group that is) and noone think its serious. I could definitely see myself becoming real life friends with these people, it just takes the first step, drinking together, to do so.

Well the next step was a G+ hangout, which you weren't there for last night...

Interventional would be insane amounts of money. I don't know what I would do with it. Seriously. Plus I'd be working all the time, and I couldn't enjoy the cash.

At least with anesthesiology I don't have overhead... that's a big plus for me. I don't wanna manage office politics etc.

And, no... I'd just drop my pants and roundhouse slap him... ha ha ha ha

I just think interventional would be really fun. I don't really care how much money I make. Anything over 100k per year seems like a TON of money to me--that's double what my parents made combined growing up.

I'm still thinking EM, though. Shift work, don't have to worry about business, NO CALL. And lots of cases at once, so my ADD self wouldn't get bored.

I just think interventional would be really fun. I don't really care how much money I make. Anything over 100k per year seems like a TON of money to me--that's double what my parents made combined growing up.

I'm still thinking EM, though. Shift work, don't have to worry about business, NO CALL. And lots of cases at once, so my ADD self wouldn't get bored.

Yeah, EM would be a pretty good deal if you didn't mind the hours.

My only worry with EM that unless something happens to improve access to care around the country, I'd end up being an FP with ****ty hours. I'm considering IM/FP, but I'd hate to do it in the ER for 12 hour shifts.

My only worry with EM that unless something happens to improve access to care around the country, I'd end up being an FP with ****ty hours. I'm considering IM/FP, but I'd hate to do it in the ER for 12 hour shifts.

That was one of my concerns too. I don't want to be an ER doc that is only treating minor flu and colds.