Class of 2017!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Holy crap, my MICU rotation was graded within a week so it could be included in my MSPE. The office staff reuploaded my MSPE with the grade and comments. I'm beyond amazed at how quickly everyone did everything so it could be included in my residency application.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I turned 7+ year recently. Thanks SDN for calling me old.

ImageUploadedBySDN1476230892.820100.jpg

Just sayin'...

Members don't see this ad :)
ha we're alive. Nice to see everyone on the other side.

Got an invite to U Michigan today for IM. I definitely feel like they may have made a mistake. My board scores and clinical grades are probably way less than they usually take. But I'll take it!

Reactions: 1 users
Got an invite to U Michigan today for IM. I definitely feel like they may have made a mistake. My board scores and clinical grades are probably way less than they usually take. But I'll take it!

Congrats! When are you going to UMich?

Members don't see this ad :)
Neurology final on Friday... but I have already taken CK, grades submitted for residency and MSPE received. I have no motivation to study stuff I studied for months ago.

I guess I pissed off someone at OHSU - rejected for nursing school, med school, and residency. I done struck out.

With all this free time, I have found myself buying a lot of stuff. Get a few rejections in a day: Automatically a treat yo' self day... Walking out of best buy with a new toy.

This happening to anyone else? This wasn't covered in Lange's psych. Dangerous

I feel like I bought more things in second year when life was horrible and getting little presents I bought myself in the mail was the best part of my day.... :rolleyes:

Done with interviews! Woohoo...now I can spend the rest of my time off grossly overthinking my ROL.

Done with interviews! Woohoo...now I can spend the rest of my time off grossly overthinking my ROL.

I made a draft ROL at the start of the season based off my gut feelings of where each program would lie. It was 95% correct so far. I feel like I'm the weird one here, but there's little physical interviews add that you can't gleam from internet sources including SDN already.

I made a draft ROL at the start of the season based off my gut feelings of where each program would lie. It was 95% correct so far. I feel like I'm the weird one here, but there's little physical interviews add that you can't gleam from internet sources including SDN already.

I did that as well, mine wasn't quite as accurate as yours though. I had a fair amount of change, but my #1 I'm pretty sure is the same.

So jelly...but so close. 3 interviews left but I have what I need to make the top half of my rank list.

I have my rank list done (may switch around #3 and #4 - pretty much comes down to location between the two).

At this point I'm not expecting any more interview invites so it's just a waiting game now...

...is it March yet?

I know, right? Such a long process. My current dilemma is location vs. quality of program. I'm doing psych so differences in fellowship opportunities don't matter as much as say IM, but I still want to go to the best program I can. One of my programs is in the top 20 while the other with a better location is more like top 50. Tough to decide.

I know, right? Such a long process. My current dilemma is location vs. quality of program. I'm doing psych so differences in fellowship opportunities don't matter as much as say IM, but I still want to go to the best program I can. One of my programs is in the top 20 while the other with a better location is more like top 50. Tough to decide.

To me, location and happiness will be much more important and I'm applying IM. Honestly, you can do a fellowship from any program, so it doesn't really matter to me. The strongest program I'm ranking 2, my local (still extremely strong) program will be 1, then a community program in my current city will be 3. Then it's back to academic strong programs all over the place.

i made the mistake of going back to read the first page or two of this thread.

Fourth year is rough

Done with interviews officially. Good luck to everyone come match day and as we finish up interview season. May the match gods look upon us with favor.

Crazy looking back at this thread. Hope everyone received good news today! Now we just have to wait until Friday to see where we're all headed.

Crazy looking back at this thread. Hope everyone received good news today! Now we just have to wait until Friday to see where we're all headed.

Yep. Happy news! Everything's over but the shouting as they say. Hard to believe. I feel like it's gone by pretty fast.

Last edited:
Taking a research year so I have to live vicariously through you guys. Congrats to all who matched, I hope you're all thrilled on friday. :thumbup:

Reactions: 2 users
Monday was the biggest wait for me. Friday is cool and all but man, finding out you matched is enough to be grateful for.

Didn't realize how much the SOAP blows.

Oh wow, awesome to see you around here man. How is everything going? I was super lucky and ended up matching at my number 1 choice so I'm ecstatic.

Congrats!!! I still occasionally lurk to see how everyone is doing. ;) I'm great, thanks! I just finished up a day with the medical examiner. Trying to choose between a pelvic surgical career or a forensic pathology career. Disparate roads, but I love working with my hands. And man, that pathology life is so enticing!

Congrats!!! I still occasionally lurk to see how everyone is doing. ;) I'm great, thanks! I just finished up a day with the medical examiner. Trying to choose between a pelvic surgical career or a forensic pathology career. Disparate roads, but I love working with my hands. And man, that pathology life is so enticing!

Awesome man. I did a lot of forensics stuff during undergrad... it's actually how I met my wife (we worked on a forensics research project together).

Best of luck with everything!