Class of 2018 job offers, who has them so far?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Except when they are good.

What makes a good floater in your eyes? I will soon be one, and want to staff sooner than later.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What makes a good floater in your eyes? I will soon be one, and want to staff sooner than later.

Don't half-ass it, if you're unable to attend to a problem/issue, leave a note for the pharmacist opening the next day.

What is a good floater? This is the pharmacy trade..soo..Let's see...can answer phones real fast...count real fast...run to the drive up real fast.....jabber 'got any questions" over and over....Spend 15 minutes with one patient evaluating their meds....oop's..strike that.....can skip lunch....is managed by the techs....is good with a double drive up......skip trips to the head.....thrives on continual interruption....give flu shots real fast....Youse guyz REALLY want to do this for thirty years???

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't half-ass it, if you're unable to attend to a problem/issue, leave a note for the pharmacist opening the next day.

Don’t leave any notes! If you can’t fix the problem half-ass it!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just treat each pharmacy as if you're there everyday. Don't leave a mess for the next shift, be proactive and ask techs and/or the pharmacy manager how they like to do things, etc. Definitely don't do something you're uncomfortable with just to toe the line, but just show you care about jumping in and trying to keep everything running smoothly while the manager is gone.

I've mainly had good floaters, but the only ones I've had issues with clearly are just doing the bare minimum (leave tons of work, don't follow up with doctors offices on left issues, etc.) or come in dead set on just doing things the way they want and screw up the natural daily flow (had a former hospital director as a floater that would come in and just try to undermine how I have things set up).

I also appreciate when floaters ask me if I have any feedback on how they're doing when they come to my location. There are a lot of great floaters, but honestly if you at least come in and don't be a lazy ****e you will be in the upper tier.

What is a good floater? This is the pharmacy trade..soo..Let's see...can answer phones real fast...count real fast...run to the drive up real fast.....jabber 'got any questions" over and over....Spend 15 minutes with one patient evaluating their meds....oop's..strike that.....can skip lunch....is managed by the techs....is good with a double drive up......skip trips to the head.....thrives on continual interruption....give flu shots real fast....Youse guyz REALLY want to do this for thirty years???

Its funny you mention the techs managing the pharmacists. Interviewed with a large chain and the dm called this adapting to the staff at the store. But your post is exactly correct.