Columbia 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
stp,

what room on seventh floor? I'm in bard too room 320. You got a pretty nice view on the seventh floor.

Members don't see this ad.

733. Yeah that is the one with a "portable" closet and no sink. But hopefully the view will be pretty nice. They say that it has a riverview.

robemory122 said:
I justed called the housing department. they said I got the Georgian (railroad)....does anyone know anything about this assignment?? and the location of this place to the school. the map is kind of confusing.....

i think this also means that you want to arrive as early as possible so you can have the room and leave the other person w/ the living room as their room. i'm pretty sure that's how the railroads work

Members don't see this ad :)
StarGirl said:
i think this also means that you want to arrive as early as possible so you can have the room and leave the other person w/ the living room as their room. i'm pretty sure that's how the railroads work

So does this mean side by side are two rooms next to each other with living area/ kitchen outside of our rooms? Or should I arrive early as well.

Oh I'm going to wish on a star tonight that stargirl will be my big sister. I always wanted a big sis to call my own.

Did any of you guys hear from the financial aid office or from the bank? I'm kind of concerned because I did not hear from anybody since I sent my financial aid acceptance letter to the school.

I also wish I get a cool big sister...

freedyx3 said:
Oh I'm going to wish on a star tonight that stargirl will be my big sister. I always wanted a big sis to call my own.

your big sib will be from the year above :( so it won't be me... and i am lil sibless now :( :( :(

Hey guys....looks like there is still space in the incoming class...I just got a phone call from Dr. McManus asking if I would still consider going to Columbia.....now I know my good friends StarGirl, Freddy and Aileen would love me to join them, eh! :D

StarGirl said:
your big sib will be from the year above :( so it won't be me... and i am lil sibless now :( :( :(

Oh sweet lord noooo :scared: ...I must withdraw my acceptance to columbia now and goto temple now.

That's BS. Who are you kidding?

aileen said:
That's BS. Who are you kidding?

Cool...if you dont believe me and since you live in NYC, why dont you stop by Columbia and ask Dr.McManus yourself....he called my house yesterday, but since Im in Costa Rica, my parents told him to email me....

Has anyone gotten information on IT stuff like columbia email addresses? I was just curious and wanted to make sure I didn't miss that

Were you waitlisted??? :confused:

Dr.BadVibes said:
Cool...if you dont believe me and since you live in NYC, why dont you stop by Columbia and ask Dr.McManus yourself....he called my house yesterday, but since Im in Costa Rica, my parents told him to email me....

Members don't see this ad :)
For someone in Costa Rica you do spend a lot of time on the computer. Why don't you stop antagonizing. Go to the beach, have a drink, light up a phatty and chill out. We all know you are the "f'ing man".

I think I'm gonna send an e-mail to Dr. McManus and give him a link to this thread. It shouldn't take hime too long to figure out what's going on.

robemory122 said:
For someone in Costa Rica you do spend a lot of time on the computer. Why don't you stop antagonizing. Go to the beach, have a drink, light up a phatty and chill out. We all know you are the "f'ing man".

Ive said it before....Im in Costa Rica on an internship so during the weeks, Im in the office "working" and only can goto the beach, get a drink, light up a phatty and chill out on weekends...and why did you say im antagonizing or Im the "f'ing man"? I wasnt bragging, but simply stated that there must be seats still available cause I was contacted, as Im sure others that didnt respond to Columbia were.

aileen said:
I think I'm gonna send an e-mail to Dr. McManus and give him a link to this thread. It shouldn't take hime too long to figure out what's going on.

HAHHAHAHAHA...nice one! Yah, Im glad he doesnt read these forums, eh! ;) Cmon Aileen, we would be great classmates!!!

Guys can we please just all ignore Dr. Badvibes aka Avingupta and maybe he'll go away. He obviously gets a kick out of stirring things up and pushing people's buttons. Let's not give him that pleasure by just ignoring him.

freedyx3 said:
Guys can we please just all ignore Dr. Badvibes aka Avingupta and maybe he'll go away. He obviously gets a kick out of stirring things up and pushing people's buttons. Let's not give him that pleasure by just ignoring him.

Jesus...how am I stirring things up and pushing people's buttons? All I stated was to inform you guys that there were seats still available....you guys seriously gotta lighten up....

Freedy, you're right. I should keep aphistis's signature in my mind.

Few things I need to clarify...

Ever since the end of Feb, the class of 2008 were already full ..
The only reason why Dr. Bxxxxxxx was given a call is because someone from the class probably decided to withdraw his/her position.

Honestly, there isn't really anything for him to be bragging about..

First, he is on the waiting list...
Second, being informed so late in the admission cycle..
(Hey, school is about to start...!!)

I know there are plenty of other waitlisted students that would die for the spot that just open up... so.. I suggest " Dr. B" to contact Dr.Mcmanus ASAP.. to let another student, who truly has the passion to live up the standers of Columbia to come...

~Bebe

Bebe1126 said:
Few things I need to clarify...

Ever since the end of Feb, the class of 2008 were already full ..
The only reason why Dr. Bxxxxxxx was given a call is because someone from the class probably decided to withdraw his/her position.

Honestly, there isn't really anything for him to be bragging about..

First, he is on the waiting list...
Second, being informed so late in the admission cycle..
(Hey, school is about to start...!!)

I know there are plenty of other waitlisted students that would die for the spot that just open up... so.. I suggest " Dr. B" to contact Dr.Mcmanus ASAP.. to let another student, who truly has the passion to live up the standers of Columbia to come...

~Bebe

Ouch Bebe...that really hurt! Even after we had our interview together and I was willing to talk to you on a private SDN chat about it afterwards :(

But I still dont understand how I was bragging? OH well....for your information I already told Dr. McManus that Im going to Temple, but I thanked him for the invite. So I guess Im allowing another student "who truly has the passion to live up to the standards of Columbia" to have a chance. I find that quote strange coming from you Bebe, the same person who told me straight out that you are going to Columbia only for its name......are those the Columbia standards you are talking about?

nyla24 said:
So does this mean side by side are two rooms next to each other with living area/ kitchen outside of our rooms? Or should I arrive early as well.

i am not really sure how those work...but if you have a shared room usually one person moves to the living room so everyone has their own room...but you lose the living room space.

freedyx3 said:
Oh sweet lord noooo :scared: ...I must withdraw my acceptance to columbia now and goto temple now.

don't worry, maybe you'll get the HOT girl in the 07 class that everyone talks about as your big sib :)

Dr.BadVibes said:
Ouch Bebe...that really hurt! Even after we had our interview together and I was willing to talk to you on a private SDN chat about it afterwards :(

But I still dont understand how I was bragging? OH well....for your information I already told Dr. McManus that Im going to Temple, but I thanked him for the invite. So I guess Im allowing another student "who truly has the passion to live up to the standards of Columbia" to have a chance. I find that quote strange coming from you Bebe, the same person who told me straight out that you are going to Columbia only for its name......are those the Columbia standards you are talking about?

:sleep: who cares if there's still openings here? There's always going to be openings at this point when people who paid two+ deposits finally decide where they're going... and also people who get into a state school and drop the private school solely for financial reasons... I know the year I started dental school, Temple had openings a week after school started... so did USC and so did other schools...who cares? It doesn't mean anything...that's how ROLLING ADMISSION works... people decline acceptances up until/and even after fall semester/quarter starts.

Sorry Dr. Bxxxx .. if I did hurt your feeling...
I respect your choice for attending Temple, for it does have a cheaper tuition. But, I just think you should have respect for other people's choices as well..

And as far as going to CU for its name, I admit, that was my initial interest which drawl my attention to apply for the school, and perhaps attending the school.. But, once I made my commitment, I will certainly try to live up to the schools reputation...

~Bebe

StarGirl said:
:sleep: who cares if there's still openings here? There's always going to be openings at this point when people who paid two+ deposits finally decide where they're going... and also people who get into a state school and drop the private school solely for financial reasons... I know the year I started dental school, Temple had openings a week after school started... so did USC and so did other schools...who cares? It doesn't mean anything...that's how ROLLING ADMISSION works... people decline acceptances up until/and even after fall semester/quarter starts.

Thanks for the news flash, but when the hell did I say that because Columbia has openings, it is somehow inferior....jesus christ.....

ANd once again, I would like to thank yet another person who brought Temple into the picture, when I didnt even mention it anywhere....

StarGirl said:
don't worry, maybe you'll get the HOT girl in the 07 class that everyone talks about as your big sib :)

Did you say "hot girl"? What does she look like, I might have seen her at my interview.

p.s. notice how i'm ignoring Dr.badvibes comments. :thumbup:

Does anybody have info on orientation? I wonder what we're doing! It should be lots of fun. :)

StarGirl said:

Yeah, there are definitely a few hot ones in the 2007 class. Unfortunately, none of them likes me. :(

freedyx3 said:
Did you say "hot girl"? What does she look like, I might have seen her at my interview.

p.s. notice how i'm ignoring Dr.badvibes comments. :thumbup:

Dont worry, Fred. They are mostly taken already. :(

Doggie said:
Yeah, there are definitely a few hot ones in the 2007 class. Unfortunately, none of them likes me. :(

Thats a damn shame!

Doggie said:
Dont worry, Fred. They are mostly taken already. :(

Thats a damn shame!

I have a gf but still!

And dont' tell me they're datin the med students, cause that would be even a greater shame.

freedyx3 said:
Thats a damn shame!

I have a gf but still!

And dont' tell me they're datin the med students, cause that would be even a greater shame.

i'll take that *someone* that's going to the 2nd yr med ;) :p

StarGirl said:
i'll take that *someone* that's going to the 2nd yr med ;) :p

Noooo, how you can betray your peoples like that. I could never image dating outside my profession. Thats a crime if you ask me.

SillyRabbit said:
Does anybody have info on orientation? I wonder what we're doing! It should be lots of fun. :)

Hey, I got a letter about orientation stuff with a list of what we're doing...did you get that? Some of the things listed include picnics, a circle line harbor cruise, and a bbq.

freedyx3 said:
Noooo, how you can betray your peoples like that. I could never image dating outside my profession. Thats a crime if you ask me.

actually, she isnt betraying our profession. That "someone" that she is referring to went throught dental school as well.

Doggie said:
actually, she isnt betraying our profession. That "someone" that she is referring to went throught dental school as well.

So is this "someone" a person she has a crush on? You can tell me, don't worry I can keep a secret..... :)

I am definitely excited to meet a hot dentist or doctors... yayy for hot boys at columbia!!! :) :thumbup:

dentalchica said:
I am definitely excited to meet a hot dentist or doctors... yayy for hot boys at columbia!!! :) :thumbup:

good luck :p all the good ones are taken... (of course except Doggie).

hmm i wonder if the guy in the "Oops I did it again" video's taken... i'll introduce you...he's hot :D

StarGirl said:

hmm i wonder if the guy in the "Oops I did it again" video's taken... i'll introduce you...he's hot :D

Doesn't Julia Stiles also goto columbia? Too bad she's not hot.

freedyx3 said:
Doesn't Julia Stiles also goto columbia? Too bad she's not hot.
I don't think so. She went to Juilard and now she is fully into acting.
Now on the topic of men, so the good ones are taken? Like married or just dating? I, like dentalchica, am fully interested in meeting a hot doctor/dentist. I hope they really aren't all taken.

nyla24 said:
I don't think so. She went to Juilard and now she is fully into acting.
Now on the topic of men, so the good ones are taken? Like married or just dating? I, like dentalchica, am fully interested in meeting a hot doctor/dentist. I hope they really aren't all taken.

no no, Julia Stiles is at Columbia, just at the main campus.... (she even said so on oprah).

taken as in dating (and i guess some married)... :( *check out some of the 2nd yr meds...there's some pretty hot guys there... two of them were my neighbors last yr... they're hot, smart, friendly, easy to talk to, fun... ;)

StarGirl said:

Yeah, i'm not taken cuz i am a rotten apple. Plus, I am a jackass by nature.........just look at my quote! :smuggrin:

Hey all,

I'm a big fan of fantasy football and I thought it'd be a great idea and tons of fun if we started a Columbia dental fantasy football league this year. So I made a league on yahoo sports, and I want to invite any current and soon to be columbia dental students to please sign up and join the league. There are 20 spots open so sign up fast! It should be pretty crazy if we got a 20 team league going. Just follow the link below to register your team for the new season.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinprivateleague

League ID: 169707
Password: columbia

thanks guys it should be a great football season :)
Fred

StarGirl said:
taken as in dating (and i guess some married)... :( *check out some of the 2nd yr meds...there's some pretty hot guys there... two of them were my neighbors last yr... they're hot, smart, friendly, easy to talk to, fun... ;)

hello everyone!
did any of you have a lor from a dentist? do you think that's a key to being accepted at columbia? thanks!

Halitosis said:
hello everyone!
did any of you have a lor from a dentist? do you think that's a key to being accepted at columbia? thanks!
I had a letter from a dentist but I really did get the impression, during my interview, that DAT scores were important and then grades.

I just discoved this site a few days ago. I guess I'll be joining all of you at

Columbia next month. Kinda looking forward to it and anxious at the same

time haven't been in school for the past six years. Well anyway I've received

a housing assignment from columbia, georgian residence and its a three

person suite and its a double. I sure hope this is a typo because I haven't

shared a room with somebody in a looooong time. Also, when will we be

billed for our tuition and board anyway?

what's the suicide rate among dental students at NYU?