COMLEX / COMBANK / COMQuest Study Prep Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KeikoTanaka

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my COMLEX is under 2 weeks away and I gotta say I'm feeling pretty alright about it!

My USMLE is scheduled in August, due to COVID, but that's okay. Once this happened I shifted my focus from UWorld to COMQuest. I have been making randomized all-subjects, all-disciplines 400 questions and do an 8 hour test weekly while sprinkling a single 40 question UWorld bank into every other day or every day, depending on the week. I have one more 400 question test left with COMQuest (Averaging 660 on these tests) and I have 900 UWorld questions left. I have all of COMBANK finished as I was primarily using it as a resource throughout all of 2nd year and then finished it shortly after the semester ended.

So my questions are:
1. What are additional OMM question banks I can access? I don't feel like COMQuest has very good OMM questions, idk why, that's just the vibe I get. I felt like COMBANK has much better. but I'm not sure if I want to re-do COMBANK OMM questions
2. Should I try to finish UWorld by my test? I don't know if doing full-lengths a week out would be helpful? I don't really wanna burn myself out.
3. How should I organize my week one week out?
- I definitely want to hit high-yield topics at this point so, maybe I should do subject-based tests on Uworld to target these?? Or should I continue doing just all-random-all-questions on UWorld 3-4 times a day, with intermittent sprinkling in of subject-based tests?
4. I have not done Zanki, First Aid, Sketchy, Pathoma, or any other board resource........ are there any I should look at last minute that you feel are worth it at this point? Perhaps something that is very big picture? Some topic areas I know I gotta brush up on are HIV medications, Hyperlipidemias, Diabetes Drugs, Chemo Drugs, RTAs

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

For some reason, mine and many of my classmates had a VERY micro heavy COMLEX. I honestly think I could’ve passed my comlex if I just studied sketchy micro + sketchy pharm + knowing the basics of diseases. Definitely make sure to know your Micro for COMLEX.

I'll definitely be sure to know my micro! Yeah, just ironing out all the ssDNA vs dsRNA, linear, enveloped, etc. etc. for all the viruses is annoying haha. Some make sense, some don't.