COMLEX score for Psych residency??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letsgomedical

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there is an "unofficial passing COMLEX score" for acgme psych programs.

comlex level I: 475
comlex level 2: 454
class rank: bottom half (had to take remediation exams for 2 classes but passed and never repeated any classes)
did a sub-I audition at one acgme psych institution...

I was going to apply broadly to 50+ programs, but with no usmle score and a not very stellar comlex score, was worried about applying to acgme psych programs..... Any thoughts??

Members don't see this ad.

If you check FRIEDA and school websites, you'll find a considerable number of ACGME programs that will accept any passing COMLEX score.

I was wondering if there is an "unofficial passing COMLEX score" for acgme psych programs.

class rank: bottom half (had to take remediation exams for 2 classes but passed and never repeated any classes)

I was going to apply broadly to 50+ programs, but with no usmle score and a not very stellar comlex score, was worried about applying to acgme psych programs..... Any thoughts??
See the Osteopathic GME Match Reports

Members don't see this ad :)

If you have little or no geographic preference you should be fine. The Midwest for instance is much less competitive than NE/West coasts. This is assuming you're a solid interviewer.

If you have little or no geographic preference you should be fine. The Midwest for instance is much less competitive than NE/West coasts. This is assuming you're a solid interviewer.
I am looking at NE more (place I auditioned at was NE) and not so much at West coast but im not gonna die if I end up somewhere else...how many interviews should applicants be feeling safe with?? Thanks for your input!

If you're looking NE things get a bit more competitive (not necessarily better though) w a number of programs expecting USMLE scores as well. That said, there's a bunch that take COMLEX only. Just check out the websites of the programs you're interested in and see what they expect. Also be sure to hit up the sticky thread on the psych forums. There's a whole section on DO applicants.

If you're looking NE things get a bit more competitive (not necessarily better though) w a number of programs expecting USMLE scores as well. That said, there's a bunch that take COMLEX only. Just check out the websites of the programs you're interested in and see what they expect. Also be sure to hit up the sticky thread on the psych forums. There's a whole section on DO applicants.

I'm not even gonna apply to ivy league & competitive nyc institutions (quite a few of those but oh well I don't want to waste my money applying to places I don't have a chance) thanks for the input