comlex/ usmle in 8 weeks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
hi all,

im currently 8 weeks away from my comlex and usmle exams. Only 20% done with uworld and been scoring 50% mostly. im using FA, uworld, True learn, pathoma mainly and bnb/physeo/sketchy/anking when needed. still not done with content review but im doing questions as i study each system. im not sure if i should be doing anything differently but will start taking mock exams next week and im thinking of doing one exam per week. im so scared of not feeling confident with the material before my exam dates cus I cant push my exams dates any further. i'd appreciate any advice. Thank you

EDIT: comlex1/Step1

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
If need be, triage step for comlex. After all, if you don't pass comlex, you won't be a doctor
Okay thank you! but I thought if I'm not ready for step then I won't be ready for comlex? im taking comlex first then step 3 days after and i cant push the exams dates further cus i chose the last dates my school allows me to choose

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay thank you! but I thought if I'm not ready for step then I won't be ready for comlex? im taking comlex first then step 3 days after and i cant push the exams dates further cus i chose the last dates my school allows me to choose
Its normally better to take Step before comlex. Regardless you need to do some COMSAE exams and see where you are at. I highly suggest doing 2 COMSAE exams and seeing where your weak points are from those and study that material.

Its normally better to take Step before comlex. Regardless you need to do some COMSAE exams and see where you are at. I highly suggest doing 2 COMSAE exams and seeing where your weak points are from those and study that material.
thank you! I was wondering why is it better to take step before comlex? I heard different opinions about which one to take first but I thought it's better to be done with omm so i dont have to worry about it after comlex

thank you! I was wondering why is it better to take step before comlex? I heard different opinions about which one to take first but I thought it's better to be done with omm so i dont have to worry about it after comlex
The general idea was that once Step was out of the way, all you needed to do was, forgive the pun, bone up on OMM.

Keep doing practice items. You need to find out areas you're weakest in, and fill in those gaps.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Like Goro said. Its best to knock out the STEP that way you just focus on OMM the few days in between STEP and COMLEX.

Reactions: 1 user