Committee Letters and Recs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medworm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
From reading SDN threads, I'm concerned about getting committe letters and recommendations delivered to adcoms in a timely manner.

I'll be attending CCs and CalState in CA. Those of you who have studied in CA probably already know first-hand how nothing ever gets done here without waiting in line forever for at least 3 lifetimes ... and that you have to constantly pester anyone having anything to do with your grades, recs, records, etc. In other words, worse than the DMV and no end of the log jam in sight! :scared:

Anyone have suggestions on how to go about this and avoid getting snagged?

Also, I hear that committee letters are optional? I was under a different impression. Please clarify. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not from CA, but I would think that your premed committee would definitely get the LORs in by a reasonable time. Otherwise none of their applicants would get in, right? My school sent them in by early September which turned out to be just fine.

Thanks for the sanity check.
;)

medworm said:
Also, I hear that committee letters are optional? I was under a different impression. Please clarify. Thanks.

I am not the committee guru, but as far as I know (my school didn't have a committee), most schools require you to use the committee if your school has one, but there may be some that do not (I am just speaking from what I remember reading in all my applications).