Concerns about LECOM-Erie

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ummmm yes you can wear snow boots.:rolleyes: Stop obsessing about dress code, it's not anywhere that picky.

Can you eat the snow off them in class if you're thirsty?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, what's LECOM's policy if you fail a class?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, what's LECOM's policy if you fail a class?

Disclaimer: I don't know this from personal experience. I did ok in my first semester...somehow.

When you fail a class you have to meet with a committee and explain what happened. They decide whether to let you continue on or not. I think they pretty much always do, until you fail a few classes.

It depends what class it is. For example, if you fail Clinical Exam because you messed up your practical, you retake the practical at the start of the next semester, and if you pass that practical you'll pass the class with a note saying you originally failed.

If you fail anatomy, you remediate in the summer. If you fail THAT, then you repeat the year.

If you fail a semester of PBL, then you take an exam at the end of the following semester which covers ALL of the material from the semester you failed. I don't know how anyone can pass this exam, but there you go. For example, if I had failed this past semester, I would have had to pass next semesters exams (so study non-stop for those) and re-study the 70 or so chapters we did this semester.

If you fail multiple classes, they'll likely have you repeat the year, or just kick you out. From what I hear, they've been pretty lenient about letting people come back the next year to try a repeat...

Best thing you can do is NOT FAIL. Just do whatever you need to do to pass, except cheat. They have zero tolerance for that either. But if your TV distracts you from studying, get rid of it. Block SDN on your computer (I've actually considered this one myself). That kind of stuff.

Med school is hard work. Really, really hard work. Again, not because the material itself is hard, but because of the VOLUME. You know the firehose analogy? "Med school is like drinking from a firehose." I don't think that's entirely accurate. I'd prefer something like, "Med school is like trying to drink all the oceans of the world in 2 years." Or, maybe: "med school is like trying to swim UP Niagra Falls with one arm and one leg."

Merry Christmas!

Disclaimer: I don't know this from personal experience. I did ok in my first semester...somehow.

When you fail a class you have to meet with a committee and explain what happened. They decide whether to let you continue on or not. I think they pretty much always do, until you fail a few classes.

It depends what class it is. For example, if you fail Clinical Exam because you messed up your practical, you retake the practical at the start of the next semester, and if you pass that practical you'll pass the class with a note saying you originally failed.

If you fail anatomy, you remediate in the summer. If you fail THAT, then you repeat the year.

If you fail a semester of PBL, then you take an exam at the end of the following semester which covers ALL of the material from the semester you failed. I don't know how anyone can pass this exam, but there you go. For example, if I had failed this past semester, I would have had to pass next semesters exams (so study non-stop for those) and re-study the 70 or so chapters we did this semester.

If you fail multiple classes, they'll likely have you repeat the year, or just kick you out. From what I hear, they've been pretty lenient about letting people come back the next year to try a repeat...

Best thing you can do is NOT FAIL. Just do whatever you need to do to pass, except cheat. They have zero tolerance for that either. But if your TV distracts you from studying, get rid of it. Block SDN on your computer (I've actually considered this one myself). That kind of stuff.

Med school is hard work. Really, really hard work. Again, not because the material itself is hard, but because of the VOLUME. You know the firehose analogy? "Med school is like drinking from a firehose." I don't think that's entirely accurate. I'd prefer something like, "Med school is like trying to drink all the oceans of the world in 2 years." Or, maybe: "med school is like trying to swim UP Niagra Falls with one arm and one leg."

Merry Christmas!

Thanks, thats one of those questions that people always forget to ask and I think it's important (for them to know about ANY school they are applying to) :) Merry christmas to you too!

LECOM-Erie is a good school. Most medical schools have a dress code policy (business casual, no scrubs outside the labs, etc.). Most med schools with smart classrooms set up for laptops ask you to keep food and beverages outside. It's pointless to focus on these differences in a med school choice.

IMO, LECOM is an inexpensive DO school that is good for student-physicians who want to practice in Pennsylvania, Ohio or Upstate NY. Almost all of the rotation sites/residency matches/alumni are going to be in this tri-state region. LECOM has a family practice focus (like most DO schools) but they also offer 3 learning paths and research opportunities.

My only guff with the school was when they increased the class size in 2006. They may have expanded the main classrooms, but the class size was big already for a program that relied on one lecture hall per class for most lectures.

Outta curiosity what happens when theres three feet of snow on the ground? Still going through the snow in suit pants and dress shoes? No snow boots?

I wear snow boots almost everyday, as do a lot of girls. Also, the LECOM parking lot is plowed really well, better than the roads.

I have a few comments/questions

Has anyone tried to get a "casual friday" at LECOM-Erie? it seems like that would be a fair compromise to both parties. Also, it seems like guys should be allowed to wear polos at least...I dont mind a dress code but i like variety in my wardrobe.

Can you put some slack in your tie and walk around with a button undone or will they come down on your for that?

Also, I plan on taking my motorcycle with me and i was wondering if id be allowed to go into the school to change out of my riding boots or something ... you cannot ride a motorcycle in dress shoes.

I also remember hearing something about assigned seats in lecture...is that true?

Has anyone tried to get a "casual friday" at LECOM-Erie? it seems like that would be a fair compromise to both parties. Also, it seems like guys should be allowed to wear polos at least...I dont mind a dress code but i like variety in my wardrobe.

Can you put some slack in your tie and walk around with a button undone or will they come down on your for that?

Also, I plan on taking my motorcycle with me and i was wondering if id be allowed to go into the school to change out of my riding boots or something ... you cannot ride a motorcycle in dress shoes.

I also remember hearing something about assigned seats in lecture...is that true?

I would imagine that if girls wear snowboots to class and change out of them, then you should have no problem changing out of your motorcycle boots as long as you are wearing dress shoes at school.
At my interview, we were told you have assigned seats in lecture based on alphabetical order.

I would imagine that if girls wear snowboots to class and change out of them, then you should have no problem changing out of your motorcycle boots as long as you are wearing dress shoes at school.
At my interview, we were told you have assigned seats in lecture based on alphabetical order.

well thats good. I wonder if they'll let me change into slacks as well. I have jeans just for riding and im hoping theyll let me just throw slacks in my bag and change in the bathroom. better to do that then get grease all over an expensive pair of slacks.

The alphabetical order is a bit mean. so that means if my last name starts with Z im stuck at the back...what about students with disabilities or those of us who are nearsighted? (plausible argument i suppose)

I guess if everyone has laptops with them and the slides/.pdfs its ok...but i find that assigned seating is a little over the top even if they just use it to enforce attendance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this assigned seats thing for real or just a typical SDN rumor? This would be a big red flag for me in deciding to attend. I can understand mandatory lecture but how about a sign-in sheet? This, coupled with the bizarre attitude about the lobby, the strict dress code, and the no food/no drink edict that is enforced with security cameras and personnel leads me to beleive this school does not trust its students one bit.

For those of you LECOM students, I admire your ability to take all of this with a grain of salt. You are going to be entrusted with people's lives, but not much else at LECOM. I think were LECOM not so cheap, it would have alot of trouble filling its classes.

Is this assigned seats thing for real or just a typical SDN rumor? This would be a big red flag for me in deciding to attend. I can understand mandatory lecture but how about a sign-in sheet? This, coupled with the bizarre attitude about the lobby, the strict dress code, and the no food/no drink edict that is enforced with security cameras and personnel leads me to beleive this school does not trust its students one bit.

Some one please tell me that there is not assigned seats :(

The assigned seat thing is what I was told by Dr. Moore at my interview day. I could've been mistaken or misheard what he said, so a LECOM student can give a better answer than any pre-med student can. I don't see why it's that big of a deal. It can make it easier to take attendance rather than having a sign in sheet and it would allow the professor a chance to know the students name when calling on the student to answer a question. Also, how many students would take advantage of a sign in sheet and sign in a friend who wasn't there that day. I know in undergrad this happened quite often. Granted this is med school, but I could see it happening.

Any LECOM-ers care to comment on this one? Also I may have heard about it during my interview but what is the school's take on videotaping and recording lectures?

The "Don't go to LECOM" thread to which the OP refers was probably started & perpetuated by people on the wait list trying to scare the accepted applicants. Yes, there is a dress code. Yes, there are rules regarding food & drink. Big deal. I love LECOM, but if you are an immature, unaccountable type, it will suck for you here because they want to weed out the riff-raff (and are very good at so doing). Some people have no business becoming physicians even though they might have decent grades and MCAT scores.

LECOM expects you to be a grown up. If you follow the rules and do the work (and are not an idiot), you will succeed here. Med school is a kick in the bells, an unholy grind no matter where you go. I am getting a world class education here and I highly recommend LECOM to anyone who is a mature and accountable individual of suitable preparation. Right, Ten Bulls?

Are we talking about LECOM-Erie...? This is possibly one the funniest things I have read on SDN in a long time. I wouldn't go to Erie again if they paid me. LECOM never did one thing for my education except take my tuition money and try to get in the way of me succeeding.......

Stay away....far, far away!

Are we talking about LECOM-Erie...? This is possibly one the funniest things I have read on SDN in a long time. I wouldn't go to Erie again if they paid me. LECOM never did one thing for my education except take my tuition money and try to get in the way of me succeeding.......

Hey bitter beer face.....LECOM never did anything for you? what about the letters after your name that give you medical privelages?

Also, maybe it is mutual. Maybe they regret ever accepting you??

Could you elaborate?

This is the only acceptance i have, but i would like to be well informed of what to expect.

wow, Lecom is getting a lot of bad rep.

I actually wanted to go to this school, now...I'm not so sure.

You can go onto the pre-osteopathic and osteopathic forums and read negative things about other schools too. I have read stuff about Touro-NY, AZCOM, etc in the past few days that are negative. Every school will have its pros and cons. It's up to you to decide whether you want to deal with a dress code and some strictness. I would rather deal with that than have to worry about rotation sites for 3rd year, as is the case with Touro-NY.

You can go onto the pre-osteopathic and osteopathic forums and read negative things about other schools too. I have read stuff about Touro-NY, AZCOM, etc in the past few days that are negative. Every school will have its pros and cons. It's up to you to decide whether you want to deal with a dress code and some strictness. I would rather deal with that than have to worry about rotation sites for 3rd year, as is the case with Touro-NY.

Judging from one of the earlier posts, rotation sites seem to be a future concern with LECOM-E as well. Can anyone confirm/dismiss this?

Hey bitter beer face.....LECOM never did anything for you? what about the letters after your name that give you medical privelages?

Also, maybe it is mutual. Maybe they regret ever accepting you??

You mean "privileges"? Ask them if you can read your Dean's letter. Ask them how many days you get to interview for residency interviews. LECOM never gave me anything...I earned everything on my own. I paid them tuition for 4-years...speaking of that..ask them where your tuition money from 3rd and 4th year go since they do not pay into the sites where you are rotating.

I don't care where you go to medical school, you get out of it what you put into it, but I honestly felt the administration at LECOM did everything they could to keep you from succeeding.

Could you elaborate?

This is the only acceptance i have, but i would like to be well informed of what to expect.

Search my previous posts on LECOM. I drank from the kool-aid before starting school there...took about 2-weeks to realize how correct people on SDN really were.

What kind of physician you become is up to you, but you can do it at a lot of different medical schools...if it's your only acceptance then you have to do what you have to do, which is keep your head down and succeed despite the school.

My class started with 220...only 179 graduated...that's 41 people who did not graduate with us....that's only a 81% graduation rate. I felt like I was at a diploma mill not a medical school.

You mean "privileges"? Ask them if you can read your Dean's letter. Ask them how many days you get to interview for residency interviews. LECOM never gave me anything...I earned everything on my own. I paid them tuition for 4-years...speaking of that..ask them where your tuition money from 3rd and 4th year go since they do not pay into the sites where you are rotating.

I don't care where you go to medical school, you get out of it what you put into it, but I honestly felt the administration at LECOM did everything they could to keep you from succeeding.

Why would they not allow you to read the Dean's letter?

What are you getting at? :confused:

Anyone else out there who committed to LECOM (sent in their first deposit) worried all of a sudden? I chose it above other schools, such as AZCOM, LMU-DCOM, and WVSOM, and now I'm on edge. I'm on a couple waitlists and maybe I'll get some late interviews and acceptances, but this thread kinda makes it tough to be excited about starting LECOM next Fall! :(

Agnes Wickfield...glad to see a fellow dickens fan on here!

Yeah I know how you feel. I'm reading posts from a few years ago...and its got me a little worried.

Could some current students chime in on improvements or any progress the administration has made? PM me if you feel the need. I would really like to hear about the day to day life there.

What is the pass rate for the most recent class on their boards? What are the affiliated hospitals like?

Last edited:

When the weather was warmer, I walked to school in flip flops from my house and then changed into my dress shoes after I got up to the 2nd floor. I was approached once, but I explained that since I walk to school I wear comfy shoes and then change. She was fine with it.

Yes there are assigned seats but I can tell you that many people sit wherever they want to, except when all the pathways are together b/c then the room is full (OPP, H&P, etc...). And if you hate your seat, you can have it changed officially as well (move into an empty one, the back, or switch with someone), so I really wouldn't worry about the seat thing too much :rolleyes:

And as far as everyone reading something and freaking out, I wouldn't let a few people's opinions make you regret your decision. Yes there are a lot of rules that other med schools don't have but what's important is the education. I feel like most of the professors are good teachers, the pass rate is in the high 90s for the boards, and while many people in general will say bad things about LECOM's rules/administration I have only heard positive comments from professionals about the students when they are in the clinical setting.

As far as someone commenting on rotation sites, you do most of your rotations with LECOM affiliates: Erie hospitals, buffalo, cleveland, tons of other parts of PA, other parts of NY, michigan, and other random ones in other states. None in MD or VA. For electives and family practice you can go anywhere you want to (FP must be with a DO). You can also choose to float around or do most at 1 hospital if you want to stay in one place. I am glad I chose LECOM and would come here again. Hope this helps some of you!

Thanks Lisa. Honestly, i could care less about the silly rules so long as i was getting a good education. Just some of the comments on here made me question LECOM's commitment to its students.

I'd like to hear someone address the comments made regarding the kind of support 3rd and 4th year students get regarding mentoring and such.

When i was there i got a very "business like" vibe from the school and the students didnt seem very cheerful. My interviewers were very friendly though but I would certainly appreciate faculty who care for their students vs. being part of a "diploma factory."

So ... I dont wish to perpetuate another anti-LECOM thread...but I would like to get as much feedback from teh students as possible on the good, the bad, and the ugly about Erie.

Is mill-creek really as bad as what ive read?

Thanks Lisa. Honestly, i could care less about the silly rules so long as i was getting a good education. Just some of the comments on here made me question LECOM's commitment to its students.

I'd like to hear someone address the comments made regarding the kind of support 3rd and 4th year students get regarding mentoring and such.

When i was there i got a very "business like" vibe from the school and the students didnt seem very cheerful. My interviewers were very friendly though but I would certainly appreciate faculty who care for their students vs. being part of a "diploma factory."

So ... I dont wish to perpetuate another anti-LECOM thread...but I would like to get as much feedback from teh students as possible on the good, the bad, and the ugly about Erie.

Is mill-creek really as bad as what ive read?

No LECOM thread is complete without this golden oldie link:

http://www.ajuel.com/Lecom_Marble_Column_Designs.htm

"Dr. Silvia Ferretti,Dean of LECOM, meets the Greek God of Healing, Aesculapius, (12th Century BC)"

Timeless!

This is where some of the tuition money from 3rd - 4th year has gone..:laugh:

Yes, Millcreek is that bad....if you plan on staying in Erie for rotations stick with Hamot and St. Vincent's.

yeah I've seen that...I've heard theyre just mock ups though.

Is LECOM still not paying its affiliate hospitals to take students?

Hmmmm. I don't know if I would put much stock in a former student ripping on his/her former school; especially one who has nothing good to say? I would put much more stock in the current students' opinions. They know what it is like now, not in the past.
About the assigned seating, I was told (by Dr. Moore) that everyone has an assigned seat so that the PBL, ISP, and PCSP pathwayers have a seat in all lectures if they want or need it. It makes sense to me.

About the assigned seating, I was told (by Dr. Moore) that everyone has an assigned seat so that the PBL, ISP, and PCSP pathwayers have a seat in all lectures if they want or need it. It makes sense to me.

So lemme get this straight. Everyone has an assigned seat in lecture so they will be guaranteed a seat if they so choose. However, if assigned seats are not used then suddenly there wont be enough seats for people in lecture?:confused:

Hmmmm. I don't know if I would put much stock in a former student ripping on his/her former school; especially one who has nothing good to say? I would put much more stock in the current students' opinions. They know what it is like now, not in the past.

You right...why listen to someone who has actually taken classes and been through the system. Seems to make more sense to me to listen to people who have only interviewed there.

Here is something good about LECOM...you will be a physician after 4-years. LECOM has the potential to be a thousand times better than it is, but that would require the administration to give a rat's ... about its students.

LECOM-Erie is only 16-years-old but they are now opening their 3rd branch....and people want to tell me it's not a diploma mill :idea: Just because you are largest medical school in the US does not equate to best, better, or even good.

So lemme get this straight. Everyone has an assigned seat in lecture so they will be guaranteed a seat if they so choose. However, if assigned seats are not used then suddenly there wont be enough seats for people in lecture?:confused:

Doesn't matter where you put the eggs, they should all still fit in the carton :)

You right...why listen to someone who has actually taken classes and been through the system. Seems to make more sense to me to listen to people who have only interviewed there.

Here is something good about LECOM...you will be a physician after 4-years. LECOM has the potential to be a thousand times better than it is, but that would require the administration to give a rat's ... about its students.

smgilles, thanks for the input. How long ago did you graduate? How does the administration not care about the students? Besides the administrative probelms, how do you feel about the education you received? Also, what did you think of the city of Erie?
I am hoping things have gotten better since you left, but you never know. I appreciate all the opinions of the school, good and bad. I think it helps one to make a better decision of the school, rather than just what the website says. At least that is how I am.

Id rather know about all the bad things than all the good things. ultimately u dont have to put up with the good things just the bad things.

For me it looks like LECOM-Erie will be my only choice. So rather than bemoan the schools shortcomings why not offer constructive criticism of their policies so that those of us who will be attending can start attempting to change things for the better for the future incoming classes.

For me it looks like LECOM-Erie will be my only choice. So rather than bemoan the schools shortcomings why not offer constructive criticism of their policies so that those of us who will be attending can start attempting to change things for the better for the future incoming classes.

I am in the same boat as you, but I don't see going to LECOM as a negative. I am excited about it. I never thought I would like the school or Erie, but I really did on my interview day.

I am in the same boat as you, but I don't see going to LECOM as a negative. I am excited about it. I never thought I would like the school or Erie, but I really did on my interview day.

I wouldn't say I view it as a negative. Just that i dont have a choice...and reading about all the bad press the school has gotten doesnt help either. I also read some very disparaging comments about LECOM on an old thread tha makes me wonder how this school stacks up to other institutions so its kinda taken the wind out of my sails so to speak.

We could come to better conclusions if we had more alumni and current students adding to this dialogue.

Yea I totally agree with you. I figure more current students will weigh in on the situation later tonite or into the rest of the week since they started back today (I'm assuming). My outlook is that it is an accredited school so we will get a good education and have the chance to become competent physicians at the very least. I'm taking all these opinions and statements with a grain of salt. No matter what happens, it is still up to me to do well and succeed.

LECOM-Erie is only 16-years-old but they are now opening their 3rd branch....and people want to tell me it's not a diploma mill :idea: Just because you are largest medical school in the US does not equate to best, better, or even good.

Smgilles, I think your frustation is shared by many concerning the proliferation of DO schools' branch campuses. I will most likely be attending Touro-NY this fall which has opened 3 branches in less than 10 years. Will there be Touro-Alaska in the future? Probably. But even the "great" PCOM has opened up a branch in Atlanta which is even funny since the name doesn't match the location :laugh:. It seems no DO school will be immune from this in the future. To be fair, MD schools also have some branches (Univ of Cali, SUNYs etc) but I think these are in the same state so the effect is less glaring.

However, let's look on the bright side. You got a very cheap education ,and, judging from your present location, a resident at the prestigious Mayo Clinic. In no time you should be able to pay off your loans and live like a king. So I think it's really up to the individual to succeed. Schools can make that process easier or harder but one's personal determination counts more.

Smgilles, I think your frustation is shared by many concerning the proliferation of DO schools' branch campuses. I will most likely be attending Touro-NY this fall which has opened 3 branches in less than 10 years. Will there be Touro-Alaska in the future? Probably. But even the "great" PCOM has opened up a branch in Atlanta which is even funny since the name doesn't match the location :laugh:. It seems no DO school will be immune from this in the future. To be fair, MD schools also have some branches (Univ of Cali, SUNYs etc) but I think these are in the same state so the effect is less glaring.

UCs and SUNYs aren't branch schools, they just all happen to be state schools in california and new york respectively. They're still totally independent from each other.

UCs and SUNYs aren't branch schools, they just all happen to be state schools in california and new york respectively. They're still totally independent from each other.

indeed.

i think assigned seating is only in certain classes that everyone takes like anatomy and histology and that is like the LBP sit in the front PBL in the middle and ISP in the back, i dont know if there is like an order to individual seating

also as a peer thinking about lecom it is hard to hear a school being bashed so much by former students, from the town i got the feeling that it was such a happy go lucky place that everyone was super nice, but it seems like the students hate it

i wish more actual students could chime in!!

i think assigned seating is only in certain classes that everyone takes like anatomy and histology and that is like the LBP sit in the front PBL in the middle and ISP in the back, i dont know if there is like an order to individual seating

also as a peer thinking about lecom it is hard to hear a school being bashed so much by former students, from the town i got the feeling that it was such a happy go lucky place that everyone was super nice, but it seems like the students hate it

i wish more actual students could chime in!!

The basic outline for seating is that you are given an assigned seat the first day of school which is based on alphabetical order of last names and pathway (so LDP is in front in alphabetical order followed by ISP and PBL). ISP and LDP take anatomy, histology, and embryology together. Everyone takes OPP (osteopathic principles and practice) together - and it is pretty much the only time after anatomy is done when the whole class is in the same room together. However, once everyone is broken up into their pathways, the LDP students spread out in the lecture hall and everyone pretty much sits where they want.

To be honest, I have met very few mean/nasty students in LECOM. I was a post bac last year and an OMS-I this year. The environment at school is just like any other school. The only differences being that everyone is in dress code and if you are LDP you have to go to class (for the most part). At times the rules may seem constricting but once you figure out the system it's not so bad. Dress code may seem like a huge pain in the butt, however, after a few weeks it just becomes second nature. You can change out of boots/etc at the door and can keep them in the foyer or even in your locker. I know more than one person who rides a motorcycle to class and has no problem.

If you fail a class (or a test in the case of anatomy) you have opportunities to retake the test or remediate the class. Bottom line - don't fail, but if you do realize that you won't just get kicked out, you have a chance to get back in the game.

The no food/drink (according to LECOM) is due to keeping down on the trashing of the lecture halls and in the case of water/beverages due to the outlets for the laptops on the tabletops in the lecture halls.

Most professors have no problem with taping of lectures as long as you ask beforehand. In fact, all OPP lab sessions are videotaped to view later if you have questions on how to perform a particular procedure.

Bottom line - it's medical school. Get through two years of preclinical classes, do your rotations wherever you want (or can), and leave Erie for warmer climates.

smgilles, thanks for the input. How long ago did you graduate? How does the administration not care about the students? Besides the administrative probelms, how do you feel about the education you received? Also, what did you think of the city of Erie?
I am hoping things have gotten better since you left, but you never know. I appreciate all the opinions of the school, good and bad. I think it helps one to make a better decision of the school, rather than just what the website says. At least that is how I am.

I graduated in 2007 and am now a PGY-2 at a very nice program. The education you will get is up to you - I was PBL so my education was completely up to me. My first PBL facilitator was a MBA....she didn't know anything about basic sciences or medicine. So we had to rely on each other.

Erie...is your typical 20-years past its hayday type of town. Lots of petty crime, high unemployment rates, and a very small town feel. I didn't mind the town too much. I stayed there all 4-years and managed. Did a majority of my rotations at Hamot - an excellent private hospital. Do not rotate at Millcreek...I repeat, DO NOT rotate at Millcreek.

When I was there we got 5 days for residency interviews - including traveling time. You will have to lie like everyone else so you actually go on a decent amount of interviews so you can match....pray they don't find out. They will lose your paperwork a few times because they have a total of 3 people keeping track of 1200 students. Your Dean's letter will be a mystery and will get made fun of by many program directors and residency chairs because it contains 2 pages of PR bullsh*t about LECOM. A program director let me see it during one of my residency interviews...the gpa/class ranks amongst other details were not correct.

You will not have an advisor during your clinical years. You will just have to rely on upperclassmen and leg work on your own behalf to befriend a someone in your field of interest.