Conditional acceptance and course withdrawal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blake1e

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I withdrew from A&P 1 way back in October b/c I was flying all over the country for interviews and that really cut into my study time, not to mention one of the exams was postponed last minute to a day I had an interview scheduled. Im worried b/c Im not sure what to make of this:

"""Course Completion: Acceptance to the Class of 2019 is contingent upon successful completion of all courses that are in progress or planned. It is expected that you will achieve C or higher grades in each of these courses and that any changes in your course of study as presented in your AADSAS application must be approved, in writing and in advance of taking the course(s), by [....]"""

This will be the second "W" on my transcript and I am registered to take Anatomy&Physiology 2 next semester. Though for this school, A&P is not required. Also it is not required for anything else b/c I already graduated and have my degree.

Am I worrying over nothing? (Im going to call the school tomorrow morning to find out for sure.)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I did same thing with biochem this semester, I am worried too as I am also accepted. I will be taking biochem again next semester. I didn't call the school yet. Let me know tomorrow what the school will tell you. I think we both we'll be ok

Reactions: 1 user
I have a question along the same lines. At my school the difference between graduating with a B.S. and a B.A. in biology is one 4 credit upper biology elective.I go to a private school so one 4 credit class is approximately $4,500. I would like to contact the school I was accepted to in order to see if switching my degree from a B.S. to a B.A. would be okay because I would love to save that money especially with the cost dental school looming, but I don't want them to think I am trying to take an easy way out or anything... what do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they would not care BA or BS. Call the school, i'm pretty sure they will tell you go ahead!

You better send your deposit instead of paying for that class

I withdrew from A&P 1 way back in October b/c I was flying all over the country for interviews and that really cut into my study time, not to mention one of the exams was postponed last minute to a day I had an interview scheduled. Im worried b/c Im not sure what to make of this:

"""Course Completion: Acceptance to the Class of 2019 is contingent upon successful completion of all courses that are in progress or planned. It is expected that you will achieve C or higher grades in each of these courses and that any changes in your course of study as presented in your AADSAS application must be approved, in writing and in advance of taking the course(s), by [....]"""

This will be the second "W" on my transcript and I am registered to take Anatomy&Physiology 2 next semester. Though for this school, A&P is not required. Also it is not required for anything else b/c I already graduated and have my degree.

Am I worrying over nothing? (Im going to call the school tomorrow morning to find out for sure.)
Hi, did you call the school? please reply to me because I'm worried also if we'll be penalized for that

Hi, did you call the school? please reply to me because I'm worried also if we'll be penalized for that
Im having trouble reaching someone, one of the secretaries told me email would be better b/c theyre busy with meetings.

So I've been accepted to Roseman and changed my courses around throughout the Fall. I didn't take two of the classes I listed as in-progress. In their acceptance e-mail it said the same thing as above. I'm guessing you got accepted to Roseman as well? I called several times and was able to reach someone. You have to email Dr. H and he'll have to approve it. Do as it says in the email explaining what happened. I think you should be fine.

You may want to check with the school. I had a buddy who got into dental school during the Fall (a few years back) but he got a D in biochem in the Fall semester. He called the school and asked them about it. The school said "we are a little concerned that you will not be able to handle the dental school curriculum because it is twice as hard in dental school." My friend ended up re-taking the course in Spring and got a C. Your situation appears a little different, but I would call the school and check with them.

Well I contacted the school about my little issue. They couldn't have cared less. So now, I get to enjoy a spring semester of only 12 credits while saving a bunch of money. Life is good. :happy:

Alright got approval from the dean and it's all cool.

Class of 2019!!

Reactions: 1 users
Looks like we'll be classmates in the fall? :)

my gut instinct would be that it would not matter.

a non-required course that you withdrew from can be easily justified.

if you withdrew from biochem it may be different.

I need your help Blake1e! The same thing ended up happening to me, I withdrew from Biology of Cancer X26 last month after I got my acceptance. I had completed all coursework but my other interview date ended up being right before my final. I ended up dropping it last minute because I didn’t want to do badly in the class. This will probably be my first W during my 2 years of post-bacc, I had others before. Should I be worried and did they require you to retake A&P in the spring?

Also does it sound bad to let them know I’d rather withdraw from the class than get a C? Thanks!

I need your help Blake1e! The same thing ended up happening to me, I withdrew from Biology of Cancer X26 last month after I got my acceptance. I had completed all coursework but my other interview date ended up being right before my final. I ended up dropping it last minute because I didn’t want to do badly in the class. This will probably be my first W during my 2 years of post-bacc, I had others before. Should I be worried and did they require you to retake A&P in the spring?

Also does it sound bad to let them know I’d rather withdraw from the class than get a C? Thanks!
EDIT: You should be fine. Email Roseman, tell them what happened. Bio of cancer isnt a pre-req for them so they should be cool with you withdrawing. It might be an issue if you needed that course to graduate but if you do you can just take it in spring semester. The W itself will only be an issue if you have too many of them (without a good excuse).

Last edited: