Cool video from reddit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teacher2md

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Check out this video featuring the different roles of anesthesiologists. Pretty cool!

Members don't see this ad.

Check out this video featuring the different roles of anesthesiologists. Pretty cool!

Anesthesia as a medical/scientific field is indeed "cool," but please don't forget to include the healthcare setting too, which varies by nation. It's different to practice anesthesiology in the US vs UK vs etc. So whether or not you think it's still "cool" may depend on what you think about the healthcare system of the specific nation you're talking about, just as much as it depends on anesthesiology as a specialty itself. (I mention this in part because the video doesn't look like it's taking place in the US, which is where most people on this forum are probably from. I did appreciate the video though, thanks for suggesting it).

The things illustrated on the video are things done everyday in this country by anesthesiologist. I agree when I am performing those tasks I do not have the dramatic background music playing but that is standard work for an anesthesiologist in the US system.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The things illustrated on the video are things done everyday in this country by anesthesiologist. I agree when I am performing those tasks I do not have the dramatic background music playing but that is standard work for an anesthesiologist in the US system.

I'm making a push at my program for "intubation music", similar to walk-up music in baseball.

Reactions: 1 users

Maybe we should start this

Zyuv1Fs.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
That's a pretty good, simple video that shows what we do.

Now if only the ASA or our departments made videos like that...

I'm making a push at my program for "intubation music", similar to walk-up music in baseball.

When I was a resident I asked my program director if I could blast Metallica's "Enter Sandman" while inducing my patients. He said no... old fart... :(

Thank god they're wearing bouffants instead of surgical caps tho

Yeah you'd think that actively moving her hand over metal wires would dislodge a ton of bacteria from her hands but I guess it's okay because she's wearing a bouffant.