Cornell C/O 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
fb://group/696912428592753?ref=share&mibextid=NSMWBT

Class 2027 Facebook group 👏 👌 👍

Try this 3

Reactions: 1 user
Does this school offer a lot of scholarships to its students usually or not? I would love to go to Cornell but I’m not sure that I will if I get accepted to my IS or another less expensive school☹️ A small part of me is hoping I don’t get in elsewhere so I can go to Cornell without feeling guilty about the higher debt😅

Reactions: 2 users
Do any current students have suggestions for apartments? I am OOS and have started looking, Thanks!

Does this school offer a lot of scholarships to its students usually or not? I would love to go to Cornell but I’m not sure that I will if I get accepted to my IS or another less expensive school☹️ A small part of me is hoping I don’t get in elsewhere so I can go to Cornell without feeling guilty about the higher debt😅
Yes, the scholarships are offered on a need based basis

I'm a CA native, never been to the East Coast, so I'm unsure of driving conditions over there. I'm going to the information session on the 17th and will be getting a rental car. Should I get an AWD rental, or should a compact car be enough? Thanks!

What’s the dress code for the information session?

Members don't see this ad :)
What’s the dress code for the information session?
There isn't one
Same goes for classes, I know some schools do but you can go to class in your pj's if you really wanted to. Only exceptions are labs, clinics etc of course

Reactions: 1 users
I'm a CA native, never been to the East Coast, so I'm unsure of driving conditions over there. I'm going to the information session on the 17th and will be getting a rental car. Should I get an AWD rental, or should a compact car be enough? Thanks!
There's a solid amount of snow on the ground right now and likely will be then, so an AWD rental is nice if that's an option!

Do any current students have suggestions for apartments? I am OOS and have started looking, Thanks!
Some vet students live in Northwoods or Lansing West complexes which are about 10 minutes from the school. There is also a Cornell roommate finder facebook page where many upperclassmen have apartments and are looking for roommates.

i remember someone mentioning earlier that usually facebook groups get made for finding housing, but i don't think there were any links- if someone has a link (or anything else to help with finding housing) i'm interested in looking as well!

For the financial aid application page when you did the FAFSA AND CSS profile did it always stay at the top under documents to complete or did it move to completed documents as I submitted mine awhile ago but haven’t seen a change and am nervous the more I look at it

For the financial aid application page when you did the FAFSA AND CSS profile did it always stay at the top under documents to complete or did it move to completed documents as I submitted mine awhile ago but haven’t seen a change and am nervous the more I look at it
This also makes me nervous!! I just did my CSS, but my FAFSA has been done for awhile, and it's also under documents to complete.

I accepted my seat at my top school and declined my seat at Cornell today. Congratulations to whoever gets the spot!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know when our orientation is/when classes start? I can’t seem to find it on the website

Does anyone know when our orientation is/when classes start? I can’t seem to find it on the website
I believe orientation is august 7th and classes begin august 14th

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry if someone already asked this, but does anyone know what the odds are of getting off the waitlist as an OOS applicant?

Sorry if someone already asked this, but does anyone know what the odds are of getting off the waitlist as an OOS applicant?
I have not seen any data on this but I have seen posts from last years' thread with individuals getting off the waitlist and I know people who got in off the waitlist the year prior if that helps at all. In general I believe OOS moves more than IS as people tend to choose their IS schools

Does anyone know when we should expect to hear about financial aid?

Does anyone know if there is a specific color of scrubs we have to wear or if we’re allowed to wear any color?

Can any current students speak to what a typical weekly schedule is like? Are some days less heavy in terms of classroom time (labs/lectures/PBL)? I’m an older/non-trad bringing my senior-ish dog with me to vet school and I just want to get an idea of what it might look like in terms of how much time I need to be on campus vs studying independently/time to go home and come back during the day. The other school I’m considering lets you bring your dog to school which is so awesome but cornell feels like a better fit for me a number of other reasons! My dog’s happiness is very important to me too, though!

Does anyone know if there is a specific color of scrubs we have to wear or if we’re allowed to wear any color?
(Current 2nd year)
Ceil blue for Block 7 labs.
Otherwise it doesn't matter. You can order scrubs with your orientation package

Can any current students speak to what a typical weekly schedule is like? Are some days less heavy in terms of classroom time (labs/lectures/PBL)? I’m an older/non-trad bringing my senior-ish dog with me to vet school and I just want to get an idea of what it might look like in terms of how much time I need to be on campus vs studying independently/time to go home and come back during the day. The other school I’m considering lets you bring your dog to school which is so awesome but cornell feels like a better fit for me a number of other reasons! My dog’s happiness is very important to me too, though!
Hey I'm a current 2nd year and happy to chat with you! This is more of a conversation than a clear cut answer. [email protected]

The schedule is different every day, and variable between blocks.

Is there usually a difference between IS and OOS acceptance GPAs?
That tends to be the case across all schools. This is often simply due to number of seats IS vs OOS
In some programs, the GPA req is higher for OOS. GPA is also weighted quite differently for different programs.

That tends to be the case across all schools. This is often simply due to number of seats IS vs OOS
In some programs, the GPA req is higher for OOS. GPA is also weighted quite differently for different programs.
Gotcha! Thanks so much for the explanation 😁 For Cornell, are there any published stats on how many seats are allocated to IS vs OOS?

Just declined my OOS seat. I hope someone gets a happy call really soon!

just turned down my oos seat. best of luck to everyone on the waitlist!

• Care
I just withdrew my OOS seat. Good luck to everyone else in their journey!

also turned down an oos seat, sending lots of love to the waitlist folks!

Hi everyone, I am new to SDN, but love to see the positivity and support in this community.

I am wondering if there is anyone in this community that has applied to Cornell Vet School as a Canadian student and been accepted? Or even just has experience with the application process? I was hoping to get some input on grades and how the GPA is converted from a 4.3 GPA scale to the 4.0 scale. I also have a MSc in Neuroscience from Queen's University, and wonder how this is taken into consideration for your application. I also have questions about financing, as the tuition is significantly higher in the US than for Ontario, Canada (OVC).

If anyone is willing to meet with me and discuss this, please let me know!

Thanks in advance everyone, I appreciate all the support I can get.

Alex

Is there admission stats published for Cornell Vet School anywhere? I.e. number of applicants, number of acceptances per year

I just got called off the waitlist, and I was wondering if anyone knows if they offer a decent amount of scholarships for out of state? I really want to go here but the tuition is so expensive

I just got called off the waitlist, and I was wondering if anyone knows if they offer a decent amount of scholarships for out of state? I really want to go here but the tuition is so expensive
Are you currently accepted at another school? If so, go with the least expensive option.