Cornell C/O 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kodiak-Bear

Reaction score
Haven't seen a thread for Cornell yet! First time OOS! Good luck everybody!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
First time OOS applicant! Thanks for starting the thread and good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
First time IS, need that sweet sweet IS tuition rate 🤞🏻

Reactions: 1 user
I applied as out of state but my gpa was configured lower than I thought it was so I’m basically kissing Cornell bye bye 🥲

• Wow
First time OOS applicant! I applied for the combined DVM/PhD program, which would be my dream.

If anyone has applied to Cornell before, does the Cornell Vet Applicant Tracking Page ever update with information?

If anyone has applied to Cornell before, does the Cornell Vet Applicant Tracking Page ever update with information?

not regarding admission. you typically don’t hear from Cornell until the first week of January and that’s really just acceptance/decline

Hi everyone! Does anyone know if your portal updates automatically on 1/1?

Hi friends!
I'm a second year DVM student at Cornell.
Happy to answer any questions you may have! Best of luck with applications!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I am a first-time OOS applicant! Good luck to everyone!

Hi friends!
I'm a second year DVM student at Cornell.
Happy to answer any questions you may have! Best of luck with applications!
what were your stats like when you got accepted? what kind of experience did you have ?

Does anyone in this thread mind sharing stats/experiences? I’m an OOS applicant

what were your stats like when you got accepted? what kind of experience did you have ?
Most of my experience was in small animal specialty medicine, but I did a lot of large animal experience in my undergrad. I also did a wildlife internship in undergrad

Hey everyone! Good Luck. I am a first-year at Cornell Vet who can also answer questions!

Anyone know the number of IS vs OOS seats?

Reactions: 3 users
Nope, your applications are already being read this week. Admissions calls usually start as early as next week.
Oh they call?! That’s terrifying and exciting all the same !

I believe you only get a call if accepted. Then if not at the end of the week your portal updates with accepted, denial, or waitlisted.

Reactions: 3 users
Sure do! So if you see a call from a 607 area code, I'd reccomend answering that one ;)

Reactions: 9 users
Good luck this Monday and Tuesday everyone. Based on last year's thread it was the Monday and Tuesday after New Years' weekend that calls went out. The spam callers will be surprised I answered my phone for once these two days.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Good luck this Monday and Tuesday everyone. Based on last year's thread it was the Monday and Tuesday after New Years' weekend that calls went out. The spam callers will be surprised I answered my phone for once these two days.
Would it start Tuesday rather then Monday since Monday is a holiday this year?

Will they call to tell you if you got rejected too or they only call acceptances?

Good luck friends! Hope to see you in August and maybe even have some of you as peer mentees! :)

Reactions: 7 users
Starting tomorrow I think? Since today is holiday.

In past years, they’ve called those who have been accepted (not those rejected or waitlisted) over the coming days, and on Thursday or Friday (or after they’ve called all those accepted) they update tracking pages and email you a pin to get your admissions decision.

The past two years I received my admissions decision email (both rejections) on the Wednesday after the new year between 11:30am and noon EST. I know today is a holiday for Cornell staff so it may be different this year but wanted to give everyone a heads up. I know how nerve wracking this is…please remember even if you aren’t admitted this year, it is not the end of the world and you can keep trying! Good luck to everyone! :)

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know when they are gonna start calling? I’m not gonna be able to function today 😫😫😫😫

Reactions: 5 users
IS Acceptance!! I got the call at 9am!

Reactions: 11 users
For those who have been accepted, has your portal updated? If we’re rejected, will our portals all update at the same time after the acceptances are all called?

i just got the call! My top choice!!! I am so grateful and ecstatic!!!!

Reactions: 7 users