CPJE April 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmdevs123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who took CPJE April 2014?? Have you gotten your results yet?? I know and just confirmed with Ca BOP that QA is still ongoing... I wonder how long that would take... This is torture!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am losing my mind!!! 90 days since I took the test and still nothing! I am from out of state as well, and will be moving to California soon. Never thought it would take this long when I planned my move!!!

CA BOP says "based on historical patterns" "approximately May or June". Reality is, there has to be 400 (i think) people take the exam before they release results. Taking it in April is not a good idea because not a lot of people take it like in July/August when everyone just graduated.

So expect the April QA to be the longest one -- up to 3 months+.

Ok now I can't believe this......,, the Mr. Board receptionist told me today results are not sent yet, I asked him it's July 1st and website said May or June results will be released, he had no answer and he admit that the results might not be sent until next week, I think someone has to contact Governer's office or senator office to get the results out, that's what someone did last time.
P.S - last year results were released on June 18th 2013

Irony is students don't get ATT to give exams in last 60 to 90 days, how can 400 magic figure will be reached, something fishy is going on......

Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 2 users
heard through a pipeline that we will get the results at the latest, 3rd week of July.

I have already started pulling mine, some of us must be feeling unemployed and should start filling application for unemployment benefits after spending $257,000 in student loans

I took mine mid-April and no results still… ridiculous-- glad I went to another state in May and have been working as an RPh for two months now. At least I have been able to get some checks. California must really be going broke- looks like the BOP is understaffed or always on vacation. Totally unfair for those needing to make a living. Do Better California!

My friends!!!
I called the BOP today spoke with Ms. Virginia Herold,
there is only 240 applicants so far that took the test!!!!!
160 remaining, outrageous!!!
SO don't expect for the results anytime soon!!!!
AGHHHHH
I just simply put my life on hold!!!
Patience my friends Patience!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
This is crazy, why did they act like it was going to be mailed out at the end of June, if they only had 240 applicants? We are going to have to get congress/Governor to get them to mail it out. California is the only State that does this, Please contact your representatives in your district.

So may be another 3-4 months to get results, don't forget governer appoints the board members so they do what governer tell them to do, CPJE law 101, Time to move to another state, ridiculous !!!!!!

Maybe we should all apply to retake the test. We'll have double the chance of passing, and we'll get to 400 in no time.

May be we can write this to governer office to give them solution to release the results because recent CA graduates don't really want to stay in CA because of this stupid delay

Another thing. The BOP won't allow new candidates to take the exam. I applied to BOP to take the exam since April and I didn't receive anything yet.

Took the test mid-April.
I took mine mid-April and no results still… ridiculous-- glad I went to another state in May and have been working as an RPh for two months now. At least I have been able to get some checks. California must really be going broke- looks like the BOP is understaffed or always on vacation. Totally unfair for those needing to make a living. Do Better California!

I took my test mid-April too. Called the BOP on July 1 and the receptionist told me it will be released sometime this month. Ummm....that is what they said last month. I should have done what you did. This wait is awful!!!

My friends!!!
I called the BOP today spoke with Ms. Virginia Herold,
there is only 240 applicants so far that took the test!!!!!
160 remaining, outrageous!!!
SO don't expect for the results anytime soon!!!!
AGHHHHH
I just simply put my life on hold!!!
Patience my friends Patience!!!!!

Only just 240 and they said it might be the end of June? Ok.... Let's see. There are approximately 100 students in a pharmacy graduating class (well, give or take minus 10 or plus 10) and there are 10 pharmacy schools in California (one of which opened last year so does not have a graduating class yet). I guess numerically factoring in the out-of-state and the in-state applicants they should reach 400 in no time.

Yeah...but life is not numerical. Students need time to study. Out-of-state applicants number fluctuate yearly. In-state students don't necessarily stay in California. So I don't really understand where the 400 goal came from. Also, if this is a quality assessment, then why can't they collect the data and just release the scores? Do they need 400 to scale it?

Last edited:
Why would other representatives of BOP say mid July or even early July if the count was that low. Why not update their own website so they dont have to field so many questions? ALSO, there are other schools in CA that graduate classes earlier than Aug. Something seems very fishy here. Its NEVER taken this long. I did ask for a reprint of my score through PSI, but received the standard letter that says the board will send you your score. So if the Next QA starts Aug 1 or even a bit later, it screws the people that need to retest pretty damn badly. So much for fairness. So very sad.

I emailed the Governor and sen. Dianne Feinstein last week,
speaking to Geeny Herold she mentioned about QA starting in August and that people are very slow this year taking the test, so basically there is one QA coming after another.
Really Fishy.
I took the test on April 2nd and moved to CA in June thinking this will all be over by then, now I have to just sit and wait and lose money...

Called board again today, without saying anything she transfered to the voice mail, guys they don't even ready to address our concern anymore, something just not fishy but BIG BIG FISHY going on, I would say, we all 240 students who gave exam call board everyday and email everyday to governer, rep and senators office , I mean EVERYDAY

Nothing New about the QA but wait is the killer, gave the exam on april 5th over 60 days now, we dont know if close to 400 students have given the exam or not now, but who knows , next few weeks will tell, last year they released the results on 06/18/13 and last QA before this was horribly late and someone had to contact the senater office :) to influence the BOP to realease the results, I have same feeling about this QA also that we might have to wait longer than before ....
did you get your result back yet? I took mine on Jun 18 and still waiting...

I emailed the Governor and sen. Dianne Feinstein last week,
speaking to Geeny Herold she mentioned about QA starting in August and that people are very slow this year taking the test, so basically there is one QA coming after another.
Really Fishy.
I took the test on April 2nd and moved to CA in June thinking this will all be over by then, now I have to just sit and wait and lose money...

Yeah...unfortunately back to back QAs are nothing new. I believe the last QA ended in March. There was a discussion in the forum somewhere about why would they start up another QA when one just ended. Well, here we are and it seems that it might happen again.

Wow, this is unbelievable. I feel so bad so you guys that have been waiting this long. I got stuck in QA last August, but luckily it ended 1.5 months later. I hope you guys receive your results soon. I know the wait is extremely painful and very costly.

Wow, this is unbelievable. I feel so bad so you guys that have been waiting this long. I got stuck in QA last August, but luckily it ended 1.5 months later. I hope you guys receive your results soon. I know the wait is extremely painful and very costly.
Yeah, I thought it would take 1-2 months, not 3-4 months. I know there were some recent CA pharmacy school graduates who were hesitant to take the test until they got some major studying in. If majority of the recent graduates have the same thought, then we might be in for a long wait. Well, with the pass rate fluctuating from 65% to 75% yearly, it's understandable.

Last edited:
I just called the CBOP, the receptionist told me she was notified today, that they will mail it out tomorrow. Spoke with them at 7/9/2014 at 15:35
Do you think this is true?
I hope it is, she sounded sincere.

Last edited:
hope so....I don't think I've seen a time where they had overlapping QA

I just called the CBOP, the receptionist told me she was notified today, that they will mail it out tomorrow. 7/9/2014 at 15:35
Do you think this is true?
I hope it is, she sounded sincere.

If you look at the past posts, it seems like there is a correlation between contacting the Governor/representatives and how the CBOP responds, so I believe it will be true.

Anyways, you guys know if the PSI Retest option posts before you get the letter?

I called the BOP also same thing, she notified me the scores will be mailed out tomorrow!!!
FINALLYYYYYYY

Thank goodness!!! I hope everyone passed!!! This waiting was ridiculous!!!

If you look at the past posts, it seems like there is a correlation between contacting the Governor/representatives and how the CBOP responds, so I believe it will be true.

Anyways, you guys know if the PSI Retest option posts before you get the letter?
No, I don't think it does. I could be wrong. You have to fill out a retake form with the BOP and pay--well, it was $200 but I think they may have raised it. Then you need to wait for their approval (which could take 3 or 4 weeks) and then you can go into PSI to retake it.

Yes QA notice will change, just talked to the bop receptionist, she is being notified that it's is mailed today but she did not mail, she is not sure, hope they gave her the right information, poor receptionist.
Definitely calls to governer office worked

I am losing my mind!!! 90 days since I took the test and still nothing! I am from out of state as well, and will be moving to California soon. Never thought it would take this long when I planned my move!!!
I am totally with you... keeping my fingers crossed for us...

You don't know if you passed until you get the mail from the BOP. Most people say if it is green then you passed. Some people say that they just got a plain white sheet that told them they passed. Just feel like I have an ulcer within an ulcer at this point. I know as pharmacists and pharmacy students we know it is not possible but first we had the gruesome waiting period and now we have the anticipation of finding out our scores. I sincerely hope that everything turns out fine for all of us.