Creighton predental post baccalaureate program 2014-2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dedicated100

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have not seen any new forums about creightons predental post bacc program, so I decided to start one. Does anyone know how long it takes before your notified about a interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I was actually wondering about the same thing?!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm out of state.. when did you submit your app?

I'm out of state.. when did you submit your app?
I'm out of state as well, I submitted my app on 9/3/2013... I received an email from Mr.Vasser saying application was complete on Monday!!

I'm out of state as well, I submitted my app on 9/3/2013... I received an email from Mr.Vasser saying application was complete on Monday!!

As in they finished reviewing it?

I applied to the post-bac program at Creighton as well. But after speaking with them I found out that they will wanted to conduct interviews toward the end of February or beginning of March.

Fingers crossed

As in they finished reviewing it?

I applied to the post-bac program at Creighton as well. But after speaking with them I found out that they will wanted to conduct interviews toward the end of February or beginning of March.

Fingers crossed
No he was just saying that they received all my info like recommendation letter etc..
Did they tell you when they will notify applicants about interviews?

Has anyone heard anything yet, the anticipation is killing me!!

Not sure when we will hear from them about interview notifications but they are still currently organizing interviewer schedules and finalizing the date on top of reviewing applications. Just hang on and I'm sure you'll be hearing from them soon.

Not sure when we will hear from them about interview notifications but they are still currently organizing interviewer schedules and finalizing the date on top of reviewing applications. Just hang on and I'm sure you'll be hearing from them soon.

Thanks.... Are you in state or out?

do you guys know how many people apply to this program and how many get accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
do you guys know how many people apply to this program and how many get accepted?
I have no idea of how many ppl apply, but I know from previous applicants they accept 7 pre dental!! When did you apply?

i applied in the first week of january. have you heard anything back?

I submitted my application back in October.

From what I know, approximately 70 students apply to the program. About 12-14 are selected for interviews. The number of post-bac seats have been reduced from 7 to 5.

Two slots were lost due to funding being cut off by the Indian Health Services. Meaning that those two slots were reserved for Native American applicants. Which doesn't significantly change the number of slots to begin with.

lets hope we all get interviews next week. the anticipation is killing me.

Has anyone heard anything about interviews yet? And do you know if they will send it in a email or snail mail?

I still haven't heard anything from them. I heard that they were going to give interviews this week. No word yet. Have you guys heard anything?

I still haven't heard anything from them. I heard that they were going to give interviews this week. No word yet. Have you guys heard anything?
I have not heard anything the anticipation is killing me!!

I haven't heard from them as well. If it doesn't happen this week then they will probably call us next week. I hope.

same here. hopefully we will hear something next week. Have you guys called them? did the pre-meds start getting interviews?

I called them today and they said they will finish reviewing applicants by the end of the day. And they will notify us by email and snail mail of interviews sometime this week.

I called them today and they said they will finish reviewing applicants by the end of the day. And they will notify us by email and snail mail of interviews sometime this week.
Omg thanks for the positive news so now I will check my email every second and harass my mail lady every day!!!

we could hear any minute now till the end of the week

yeah me too. i called them yesterday too. they said it will definitely be this week

i think pre-meds already got theirs?
Pre med got theirs last week...so I'm praying we get some good news this week, seem like it only been you and I along with one other person who has been asking any questions about this program, but I'm sure it was a a lot more ppl who applied.

Pre med got theirs last week...so I'm praying we get some good news this week, seem like it only been you and I along with one other person who has been asking any questions about this program, but I'm sure it was a a lot more ppl who applied.
yeah last year they said about 70 people applied for 5 seats

i have avg gpa 3.5 and avg dat 17. what about you? they really consider disadvantaged students. i wasn't very sure about that in the application? what did you think about that?

i have avg gpa 3.5 and avg dat 17. what about you? they really consider disadvantaged students. i wasn't very sure about that in the application? what did you think about that?
3.5gpa, dat 16, pat 19...well I come from a disadvantage background so it was pretty interesting to see that they really consider that.

I'm a non-traditional student who came from a disadvantaged background. My stats are: 2.9 GPA, 21 AA DAT, 22 TS and 23 PAT. I had already interviewed with Dr. Norton and was recommended to apply to the post-bac. From what people have told me, coming from a disadvantaged background is a huge factor in consideration.

I'm a non-traditional student who came from a disadvantaged background. My stats are: 2.9 GPA, 21 AA DAT, 22 TS and 23 PAT. I had already interviewed with Dr. Norton and was recommended to apply to the post-bac. From what people have told me, coming from a disadvantaged background is a huge factor in consideration.
wow your DAT score are awesome. do you have to take the DAT again if you get accepted. I think that one of their requirements right?

Has anyone applied last year and was interviewed for the post bacc?

wow your DAT score are awesome. do you have to take the DAT again if you get accepted. I think that one of their requirements right?

Yes, when I interviewed with Dr. Norton he said that if I were accepted into the post-bac. He wouldn't worry about me exceeding the minimum scores on the DAT.

The issue for me is that my GPA is extremely low due to various circumstances in my life. Creighton (and most schools) have not accepted a student with such a low GPA like mine. Which is why he suggested I apply to the post-bac program at Creighton.

Hello all! I have also applied to the program, but haven't heard anything yet. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is dying to know what is going on. I called the school Monday and I was informed they were reviewing applications that evening, so let's all pray we get an interview!

I know the feeling. I've been checking my email constantly hoping something will come through. I want to call and ask questions, but I've called so many times that they already know my voice :arghh:. For now, I'll just continue checking back with you all, hoping that we all hear something, SOON! :p

I know the feeling. I've been checking my email constantly hoping something will come through. I want to call and ask questions, but I've called so many times that they already know my voice :arghh:. For now, I'll just continue checking back with you all, hoping that we all hear something, SOON! :p
Omg I thought I was the only one that did that... I can't call Mr.Vasser he knows my voice too!! I'm just so anxious.

Just received an invitation to interview with them via Skype!