Creighton University Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was curious, does anyone know how many of the available spots for the distance pathway have been filled. I am applying for it as well.

I just called today and they said that they still have "plenty," meaning more than half is what I was told. I was also told that the spots will start to fill up after the next two interview sessions, February 18th and March 25th. So if you are serious about the distance pathway be sure to submit your application as soon as possible to ensure you get an earlier interview rather than later... Also, just so you know, I was told that their admissions committee meets every week to sift through applications :). Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just called today and they said that they still have "plenty," meaning more than half is what I was told. I was also told that the spots will start to fill up after the next two interview sessions, February 18th and March 25th. So if you are serious about the distance pathway be sure to submit your application as soon as possible to ensure you get an earlier interview rather than later... Also, just so you know, I was told that their admissions committee meets every week to sift through applications :). Good luck!

Thanks for relaying the info to us!

For anyone who has already interviewed, how/when did you hear the decision? I'm hoping to hear something today, but I'm not sure if I should be expecting email/phone call/snail mail. Thanks for any reply!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the information!

Hey everyone. I received an email today urging me to submit my supplemental because they are "eager to consider me." It also stated that they would waive the supplemental fee, and my first name was mentioned in the "PS" part. Did anyone else receive an email like this? Is it automated? I think it's a little strange this late in the game, especially for free. Has anyone experienced something similar? I've already been accepted to a few programs, but the distance pathway is becoming more appealing. Does an online program like this limit clinical opportunities to anyone's knowledge?

Thanks for your time. Good luck everyone!
Did you decide to complete the supplemental for Creighton?

Did you decide to complete the supplemental for Creighton?

I did. I had very similar essays from another supplemental saved, so I just thought, "what the hell?" and applied. I'm not really sure that I want to spend the money on a flight if an interview is granted, though. I don't know. I'm all over the place these days! I think the flexibility to study and watch lectures at whatever my highest functioning time of the day is is quite appealing. A middle aged woman in my district was a tech with our company for 26 years before going to Creighton. She graduated about a year ago from the distance pathway and loved it. I don't know... lol I've invested a lot of emotion in moving across the country for one of my acceptances, but now the "comfort doubts" are setting in.

I agree with you about not knowing about the "streamlining," but it didn't cost me anything.

I also received the e-mail. Did you have to upload the supplemental essays before you can submit? I reaccessed my supplemental, and it still shows that I need to upload the essays, and it doesn't say anything about a fee waiver. So I have no idea what they meant about "streamlining" the supplemental so that it can be completed in minutes.
h

Yeah - I still had to upload essays. There was nothing "streamlined" about it.

LECOM just opened a distance pathway program for pharmacy. Physics 1 is a required prerequisite. It might be worth checking out. Looks like Creighton has some competition now.

I just submitted my PharmCAS and SA 1/31/14-How long do you think it will be before I hear about an interview? I have 3 interviews scheduled Feb-March and one school requires $2000 to hold my spot... (I am only interested in the distance pathway for a number of reasons.)

Also, can you kind of explain the work load and how you handle "life" with school? I am a mother of a 4 and 6 year old, nurse for 6 years, and following my husband wherever he gets accepted into CRNA school-that is, only if I get accepted into the distance pathway. If not, he'll just apply where I get accepted (very supportive :highfive:) One other question-how much writing (essays or papers) do you have to do??
Sorry, I have a ton of questions, but thank you for any and all replys!!!!
For me, I submitted my supp on 17th of december 2012 and they got PharmCAS on 27th December 2012 and emailed me for interview 7th of Jan 2013. They can be very fast if you meet their requirements. I have 2 kids and a Navy husband so i understand what u are talking about. I can tell you its hard but very very do-able. You just have to be organized and focus. Last semester I wrote 3 essays total, I hate hate writing. I hope I covered all your questions. If u get accepted which i believe you will, don't be scared you can do it, i am doing it and i am so unorganized but i got it together with the help of a supportive husband. If u have any more question do ask, and goodluck.

For me, I submitted my supp on 17th of december 2012 and they got PharmCAS on 27th December 2012 and emailed me for interview 7th of Jan 2013. They can be very fast if you meet their requirements. I have 2 kids and a Navy husband so i understand what u are talking about. I can tell you its hard but very very do-able. You just have to be organized and focus. Last semester I wrote 3 essays total, I hate hate writing. I hope I covered all your questions. If u get accepted which i believe you will, don't be scared you can do it, i am doing it and i am so unorganized but i got it together with the help of a supportive husband. If u have any more question do ask, and goodluck.

Thank you for your response!! I just called and spoke to an advisor and I have to wait for my PCAT to be posted to PharmCAS :/... I absolutely HATE writing also, which is one of the key reasons I didn't go back to nursing school for DNP. I think it's important to know how to write, but I chose a science profession so that I wouldn't have to write a ton of BS papers as I did in my psyc degree.

Sorry for the soap box-were the essays 1-2 pages, relevant issues, graded based on your opinion? And, is that about standard-3 essays per semester?

LECOM just opened a distance pathway program for pharmacy. Physics 1 is a required prerequisite. It might be worth checking out. Looks like Creighton has some competition now.

I saw that also. Although I have to say I am a little skeptical of it because from everything I have read today, they don't seem to be very organized. I think the thing that matters most in online programs is organization. That being said, they have to start somewhere... If anyone has any information on the distance pathway I would love to hear it! I might call tomorrow to get some information if no one posts anything by then... Insights anyone??

Thank you for your response!! I just called and spoke to an advisor and I have to wait for my PCAT to be posted to PharmCAS :/... I absolutely HATE writing also, which is one of the key reasons I didn't go back to nursing school for DNP. I think it's important to know how to write, but I chose a science profession so that I wouldn't have to write a ton of BS papers as I did in my psyc degree.

Sorry for the soap box-were the essays 1-2 pages, relevant issues, graded based on your opinion? And, is that about standard-3 essays per semester?

One of the paper was based on FDA book and current drug mishaps and at list 4 pages was the instruction, some people wrote 10 pages, I wrote 5 pages. One was pick a drug related story in the news that happened not longer than 10years and write what happened and how it was resolved, 3 pages. Then the other one was 2 pages, i forgot the topic. There were some other writing here and there 1 page ur opinion type of stuff. To me only 3 stood out as essays, and you have two months to write them. We have 2 nurses in my class and we are total of 75 distance student.

I'm getting anxious! I'm an alternate and it is killing me waiting lol :) any other alternates out there?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, how long did it take for you to be invited to an interview after you submitted your supp? I submitted mine on the 28th of January and have not heard anything back, was just wondering if anyone got invited to interview recently.
Thanksn

While in the process of completing my supplemental, I was going over the school's website and saw that tuition for the 4th year pharmacy program is $50K!

While in the process of completing my supplemental, I was going over the school's website and saw that tuition for the 4th year pharmacy program is $50K!

It's because the 4yr is considered 3 semesters due to rotations

Question for those who were accepted. Was there anything you must have completed before welcome week and lab in the summer? Such as vaccinations? I'm trying to think of things I could prepare for just in case I receive that last minute wonderful phone call :)

19 interviewed on 1/24

Last edited:
Question for those who were accepted. Was there anything you must have completed before welcome week and lab in the summer? Such as vaccinations? I'm trying to think of things I could prepare for just in case I receive that last minute wonderful phone call :)

Uh yeah, there's a LOT you have to do before Welcome Week and skills lab 1. Vaccinations/titers is one of those things. You will get a long to do list in your acceptance packet. If you do end up being accepted right before, they will work with you as long as you are trying. The big thing is to have all the vaccinations done prior to the fall IPPEs. Don't stress yet. Good luck! :)

Uh yeah, there's a LOT you have to do before Welcome Week and skills lab 1. Vaccinations/titers is one of those things. You will get a long to do list in your acceptance packet. If you do end up being accepted right before, they will work with you as long as you are trying. The big thing is to have all the vaccinations done prior to the fall IPPEs. Don't stress yet. Good luck! :)
Thanks for the response. I figured I would be given enough time. I'm just excited lol although I'm on the alternate I'm just very happy to be in this position. If it doesn't work this year there is always next.

Anyone know how many interviewed on 2/18 for Distance?

Seriously?
They said it was a VERY small group. Made for a nice interview though. They said they expect the last 2 interviews to be full (not that I know what full is). Apparently, they only interview about 120, I think they said.

Does anyone interview for campus pathway on Feb 7th receive anything from Creighton yet? I has been 2 weeks :). I know they said that we will know the result within 4 weeks but I am hoping to know the decision sooner. The waiting is the worst !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah,I understand how anxious one can be during the wait period.I just got my acceptance letter for the Distance option yesterday and I interviewed on January 24th.I guess you should give another week because their mails are sent 1st class and it normally takes about 3-5 days for mails to get to their receivers.
Hope that eases the anxiety.

Yeah,I understand how anxious one can be during the wait period.I just got my acceptance letter for the Distance option yesterday and I interviewed on January 24th.I guess you should give another week because their mails are sent 1st class and it normally takes about 3-5 days for mails to get to their receivers.
Hope that eases the anxiety.

Congratz on your admission :) I hope the good news is on the way to my place, still pretty anxious to see the mail

How detailed is the Creighton Application, and do we need to complete the PharmCAS application first?

How detailed is the Creighton Application, and do we need to complete the PharmCAS application first?
Their supplemental is pretty straight forward. There are two required essays and two optional essays to complete. You can submit the supplemental before they receive your PharmCAS application but they will hold your application until everything is received.

Their supplemental is pretty straight forward. There are two required essays and two optional essays to complete. You can submit the supplemental before they receive your PharmCAS application but they will hold your application until everything is received.
Thank you MissJen.

Hi guys,
What is the writing sample thats now included in interviews? I see several of u have mentioned it but i dont see anything about it on schools website...
Thanks.

Also, CU already received my supp app. Pharmcas will be mailed out on 3/3. Next mon. How long do they take to get back after receiving pharmcas app?
Thanks.

Hi guys,
What is the writing sample thats now included in interviews? I see several of u have mentioned it but i dont see anything about it on schools website...
Thanks.
It's nothing to worry about at all. It's basically just to see if you actually wrote your PharmCAS essay and to get feedback on the day. It's like the last thing interview day, so by that point you're kinda tired anyway :p

Also, CU already received my supp app. Pharmcas will be mailed out on 3/3. Next mon. How long do they take to get back after receiving pharmcas app?
Thanks.
I heard back in a little less than a week after submitting my supplemental, but they had already had my PharmCAS for at least a month.

After months of indecision, I finally submitted my supplemental. It's pretty late in the cycle, so we'll see what happens.

I just made a last minute decision to apply yesterday as well so we'll see what happens.

It's nothing to worry about at all. It's basically just to see if you actually wrote your PharmCAS essay and to get feedback on the day. It's like the last thing interview day, so by that point you're kinda tired anyway :p
Thanks for your reply!

I was notified by Creighton at the interview that I have some prerequisites which are incomplete -- all non-science (Microecon, English and some Speech). I've sent in requests and syllabi from previous college courses that seem to meet their requirements. With such a short amount of time to get those courses in before the transcript deadline, does anyone know how flexible or inflexible admissions is in working with you on those prerequisites, especially if you already have a Bachelor's Degree and work in the field?

For reference, I've been accepted into the Distance Pathway.

I was notified by Creighton at the interview that I have some prerequisites which are incomplete -- all non-science (Microecon, English and some Speech). I've sent in requests and syllabi from previous college courses that seem to meet their requirements. With such a short amount of time to get those courses in before the transcript deadline, does anyone know how flexible or inflexible admissions is in working with you on those prerequisites, especially if you already have a Bachelor's Degree and work in the field?

For reference, I've been accepted into the Distance Pathway.
We had people last summer working on science courses while we were on Omaha. I think we even had one that didn't find out they weren't going to accept an anatomy class until we were there for welcome week and had to find a place to take it before the fall semester started. For those stupid little classes I bet you can get them done online through somewhere and won't have any issue if they don't accept your other classes. I'm distance 2017.

We had people last summer working on science courses while we were on Omaha. I think we even had one that didn't find out they weren't going to accept an anatomy class until we were there for welcome week and had to find a place to take it before the fall semester started. For those stupid little classes I bet you can get them done online through somewhere and won't have any issue if they don't accept your other classes. I'm distance 2017.
Thanks for the information. I have offers to this program and to Pacific University Oregon (the three year modified block program). Any advice, helpful criticism, raving accolades, etc. you can give about the distance path?

I have been waiting for only a few days since CU dist. received my apps... But i was wondering, if they decide not to invite for an interview, do they relate that info to applicants? How exactly does it work?
Thanks,
"the impatient"

I have been waiting for only a few days since CU dist. received my apps... But i was wondering, if they decide not to invite for an interview, do they relate that info to applicants? How exactly does it work?
Thanks,
"the impatient"
I got an email inviting me to interview, where I logged back into the application site and had a new tab called "Interview Info." I would assume that you would receive an email either way... I think I heard within three weeks of submitting my supplemental, but not sure.

I got an email inviting me to interview, where I logged back into the application site and had a new tab called "Interview Info." I would assume that you would receive an email either way... I think I heard within three weeks of submitting my supplemental, but not sure.
Thanks!! :) Are you accepted in the program already?

Thanks!! :) Are you accepted in the program already?
Yes... and I'm waiting on info from them about prerequisite completion before I choose between Creighton and Pacific Oregon.

Congrats! I am still waiting to hear from them... checking my email too often..lol

For those who have been interview/accepted how long before a decision is known? Do they call, email or mail the decision? What is the deposit and what is the time frame to submit the deposit?