Creighton University Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to everybody who got accepted! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone who is part of an accepted Distance Pathway Facebook page or something along those lines or anyone with any insider information have any clue how many Distance spots remain to possibly be filled by those of us with bated breath?...
They most likely aren't full yet, since they did call another interview session (5/9). Hopefully, this means that there will still be spots left even after accepting people from the 5/9 interview. It feels like we haven't heard of many acceptances until these last 2 sessions. It may be because there were simply more people. Obviously, not everyone is on SDN, but I just feel like we should've heard from more people before now T.T
Hopefully, somebody else has some insider information? :p

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone that has been accepted! I was so excited I forgot to post on here last week when I received my package, I also have been accepted!

We are at 11 right now. More are joining every day, but I know not all that were accepted are on SDN.
Right. Word will spread though. Thank you for the update. Keep us outsiders posted. I hope to join your elite group soon! :unsure: :beat: :xf::)

just got the call that ive been accepted off the waitlist for campus pathway

Reactions: 1 users
just got the call that ive been accepted off the waitlist for campus pathway
I thought you said distance, and I just about had a heart attack :p Congratulations to you!!!!!!!! :D
Here's hoping distance people will be hearing back soon too... but we have another interview session that has not heard back yet (I think)...
I wish you luck for the fall :)

I'm so confused. My status changed to "no status" and has stayed that way since I interviewed on April 22nd. I called them last Friday and all she would tell me is that their decision would come in the mail. She also said that the status online doesn't mean anything. So why did everyone else's update and change as it was reviewed and then complete? I feel like they have misplaced my application or something. I applied to the campus pathway, but then changed to distance and was interviewed for distance. Its like I got lost in between somewhere.

I interviewed May 9th. I called on Tuesday and they told me over the phone that I was accepted to the distance pathway. They said they had mailed it out on Monday but since they had me on the phone, they told me then.

I'm so confused. My status changed to "no status" and has stayed that way since I interviewed on April 22nd. I called them last Friday and all she would tell me is that their decision would come in the mail. She also said that the status online doesn't mean anything. So why did everyone else's update and change as it was reviewed and then complete? I feel like they have misplaced my application or something. I applied to the campus pathway, but then changed to distance and was interviewed for distance. Its like I got lost in between somewhere.
Mine never changed or anything like that, but it seems like everybody from 4/22 heard back now? Have you called them and asked if your letter was sent yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed May 9th. I called on Tuesday and they told me over the phone that I was accepted to the distance pathway. They said they had mailed it out on Monday but since they had me on the phone, they told me then.
Congratulations to you :)

Mine never changed or anything like that, but it seems like everybody from 4/22 heard back now? Have you called them and asked if your letter was sent yet?
I called them last Friday. I guess I will call again tomorrow.

I thought you said distance, and I just about had a heart attack :p Congratulations to you!!!!!!!! :D
Here's hoping distance people will be hearing back soon too... but we have another interview session that has not heard back yet (I think)...
I wish you luck for the fall :)
thanks! best of luck to u and hope u get the call as well

They called me the other day leaving a voicemail to call back, I did today and found out I have been accepted :D (I interviewed May 9th)

I am a P1 student in Creighton university distance pathway, Goodluck to all of you. feel free to throw any question you have.
Hello - I am curious as to which courses beyond the required pre-requisites would be helpful in Creighton's curriculum. ie. Microbiology, Physics or Calc II? Thanks for your kindness to help us out here!

Hi everyone, I am currently 1st year pharmacy student. I was in the same shoe with you guys last year when I was doing all these application. I am happy to help if you guys have any questions. Just PM me. Especially, for those who will go to Creighton for interview, I have an offer for you guys. I am currently living in a big , nice apartment which is only 2-3 mins walking to campus. I know some of you guys will need a place to stay for at least 1 night to have the interview for the next day. I can do that plus pick you up at the airport and drop you off for your interview day. Meals will also be included. If any of you guys are interested, just send me an email for a rate. I will ensure that would be a very affordable rate :). Good luck everyone !!! Creighton is a very good school. They care a lot for students. You will love Creighton.
Wow! I have often thought it would be nice to be in touch with someone who knows their way around there…thanks a million! I do have another question a bit off the subject: I am curious as to which courses beyond the required pre-requisites would be helpful in Creighton's curriculum. ie. Microbiology, Physics or Calc II? Thanks for your kindness to help us out here! (and congrats on your journey to becoming a pharmacist!)

Hello - I am curious as to which courses beyond the required pre-requisites would be helpful in Creighton's curriculum. ie. Microbiology, Physics or Calc II? Thanks for your kindness to help us out here!

I just finished my P1 year as a distance student at CU. Of the classes you mention, the only one that would really do much for you (at least as a P1) would be micro. You can waive courses pending approval though, and classmates waived biochem, physiology, and micro this year. Something to think about...

I'm am alternate also and I haven't heard anything yet.

I called Creighton this morning to check on my alternate status and they called me back later this morning and offered me a spot in the distance program for the fall! I'm so excited. Thanks everyone for posting on this site. It has really helpes to read your posts as I have been waiting in the alternate pool.

I called Creighton this morning to check on my alternate status and they called me back later this morning and offered me a spot in the distance program for the fall! I'm so excited. Thanks everyone for posting on this site. It has really helpes to read your posts as I have been waiting in the alternate pool.
I was reading your message when I got a call. I'm in!!!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats! Too bad we won't be classmates at LECOM, but I'm so happy you got accepted to Creighton.
Thanks :) At least we'll both be pharmacy students in the fall!!! It's too bad we couldn't be at the same school, but at least everything worked out :)

The wait has been long, but I finally got the call ...yay.... see you this summer.

Reactions: 3 users
I have been lurking this thread for a few months now. So congrats to those alternates that just got accepted. I believe some of you had been waiting like half a year. That is crazy long. And I felt your pain. I only wait like couple weeks since learning that I am wait listed, and it has been a long couple weeks.

After reviewing this thread again, the alternates for the distance program this year were:

Pharmist in training- 6/02
Kelp103- 6/02
alk211611- 6/02
mr2012- 6/02
vwluu2014- 6/02
foreveraway- 6/02
Onlypharm- 6/02 or 6/03 decline offer
NcklPnny
789bullitt
and me

NcklPnny and 789bullitt, did you guys got in??
There are probably other alternates lurking like me. If you are, come say hello cause I want to see how many of us are left.

Anyhow, the facebook group had 6 recent additions. So I assume all 6 are alternates. So if I assume the maximum 15 alternates will be contact (75/90). There are about 8 more chances left more or less. Out of the 109 interviewees, minus original 75, then 7 alternates contacted, there are some 27 candidates left. Probably fewer because some are decline after the interview. So the odd is 30% rate of getting in or higher.

Though, I am confused why the facebook group only has 22 people. (16 with a recent 6 addition).

If you don't mind me asking (Pharmist in training, Kelp103, and alk211611), what are your stats?? I am trying to figure if I am at the bottom of the waitlist or the middle of the waitlist, assuming you 3 are top of the waitlist.

Last edited:
I have been lurking this thread for a few months now. So congrats to those alternates that just got accepted. I believe some of you had been waiting like half a year. That is crazy long. And I felt your pain. I only wait like couple weeks since learning that I am wait listed, and it has been a long couple weeks.

After reviewing this thread again, the alternates for the distance program this year were:

Pharmist in training 6/02
Kelp103 6/02
alk211611 6/02
NcklPnny
789bullitt
and me

There are probably other alternates lurking like me. If you are, come say hello cause I want to see how many of us are left.

Anyhow, the facebook group had 4 recent additions. So I assume all 4 are alternates. So if I assume the maximum 15 seats (75/90). There are about 11 seats left more or less. Out of the 109 interviewees, minus original 75, then 4 alternates, there are some 30 candidates left. Probably fewer because some are decline after the interview. So the odd is 37% rate of getting in or higher.

Though, I am confused why the facebook group only has 20 people. (16 with a recent 4 addition).

If you don't mind me asking (Pharmist in training, Kelp103, and alk211611), what are your stats?? I am trying to figure if I am at the bottom of the waitlist or the middle of the waitlist, assuming you 3 are top of the waitlist.
I like all the analysis. I would email your advisor and ask. People are where they are on the list, and getting a straight answer where you are should be attainable. The Facebook groups are co-mingled so I wouldn't trust it.

mr2012- are you also an alternate??

I call them a week back, they literally given me 0 information. They can't give me how many on the waitlist, nor how many people get in from the waitlist for the previous 2 years. The only thing, that they said was being waitlisted is not a bad position to be in. I am basically shoot myself in the foot, because I decline other interviews and only pursuit Creighton. Even next year, I am probably only pursuit the distance pathway of Creighton because my other option that I wanted is UIC and that is not an attainable goal for my stats. If anyone has any the answer to my questions about the number of alternates and roughly how many alternates are accepted in the last few years. Please answer. The only one I have to go on was the number 90. And I don't really know where that come from.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/661493957255700/?ref=br_tf

This group is for distance students only. So far only 20/75 students are confirmed. It is a big decision after all, for many people it pretty much meant giving up whatever they doing for the next 4 years. So yeah, and people who put down payment may sit on their decisions for a while. My friend did that for Midwestern, he knew for sure he isn't going to Midwestern because he got in somewhere else, he just recently decline the offer.

I just recieved the call today! I was accepted off the waitlist :D

Reactions: 4 users

Pharmist in training 6/02
Kelp103 6/02
alk211611 6/02
NcklPnny
789bullitt
and me

Anyhow, the facebook group had 4 recent additions. So I assume all 4 are alternates. So if I assume the maximum 15 seats (75/90). There are about 11 seats left more or less. Out of the 109 interviewees, minus original 75, then 4 alternates, there are some 30 candidates left. Probably fewer because some are decline after the interview. So the odd is 37% rate of getting in or higher.

Though, I am confused why the facebook group only has 20 people. (16 with a recent 4 addition).

I'm so sorry you're still waiting. It is terrible.
My stats aren't the best to be honest, but I don't mind sharing.
GPA: 2.8 something (I addressed it in my PS, though I'm not sure it was enough)
PCAT: 94
A Creighton alumnus wrote one of my LORs (she is a pharmacist I work with). Other 2 LORs were from the PIC I work with and my A & P teacher (I needed 3 LORs for another school).
I've worked at CVS for 2 years as a CPhT and worked throughout undergrad in retail (non-pharmacy related).
I also sent a letter of intent after getting wait listed and had my Creighton pharmacist write a more specific letter, like an addendum (she kept being like, "I couldn't put in what I wanted because I couldn't tailor it to Creighton", so I said to write another one, haha).

You are right that they will not give you information about the wait list (at least they never gave me any). They say the entire pool (which probably isn't THAT big) is reviewed every time a spot opens. I am the one who said 90. It is what they said at my interview, but all of this depends on the year and such I assume.

I'm so sorry you're still waiting. It is terrible.
My stats aren't the best to be honest, but I don't mind sharing.
GPA: 2.8 something (I addressed it in my PS, though I'm not sure it was enough)
PCAT: 94
A Creighton alumnus wrote one of my LORs (she is a pharmacist I work with). Other 2 LORs were from the PIC I work with and my A & P teacher (I needed 3 LORs for another school).
I've worked at CVS for 2 years as a CPhT and worked throughout undergrad in retail (non-pharmacy related).
I also sent a letter of intent after getting wait listed and had my Creighton pharmacist write a more specific letter, like an addendum (she kept being like, "I couldn't put in what I wanted because I couldn't tailor it to Creighton", so I said to write another one, haha).

You are right that they will not give you information about the wait list (at least they never gave me any). They say the entire pool (which probably isn't THAT big) is reviewed every time a spot opens. I am the one who said 90. It is what they said at my interview, but all of this depends on the year and such I assume.

This is why you are top of the pecking order on the waitlist. Your resume is pretty good. I think "experience" factor is more highly regard than say gpa. I have the same PCAT score as you. My gpa is slightly higher than 3.5 and probably gonna go up a little bit more. But I am not rounded like you, I got 0 experience. Sigh, if this is the members of the waitlisted then I think I am at the bottom of the pecking order.

So at the moment, 5 out of the estimate 15 seats are taken.

Last edited:
This is why you are top of the pecking order on the waitlist. Your resume is pretty good. I think "experience" factor is more highly regard than say gpa. I have the same PCAT score as you. My gpa is slightly higher than 3.5 and probably gonna go up a little bit more. But I am not rounded like you, I got 0 experience. Sigh, if this is the members of the waitlisted then I think I am at the bottom of the pecking order.

So at the moment, 5 out of the estimate 15 seats are taken.
You are too kind, I'm pretty sure 3.5 is way more than slightly higher :p I knew I needed to get everything else possible I could for my application because of my GPA. You're a strong candidate, definitely. I honestly don't know how Creighton weighs experience versus GPA.
I wouldn't get too worried about the numbers right now (though I know that's hard NOT to do). For one, we're not even sure they technically filled all the way to 75 yet (perhaps now they finally did after inviting alternates today and possibly some later in the week?). 90 offers includes people who give up their seat (approximately 15 apparently per year), meaning there are still people who are gonna say no (the way they explained the alternate list to me, I doubt they filled any rejected seats until now, when they finally look everything over). Also, because more people accept the admissions here (most people NEED distance for specific reasons, so Creighton is their first choice), Creighton probably does not fill 'advanced' seats so to speak (this is just speculation, but I imagine they would worry about everyone saying yes since such a large percentage of candidates accept admission offers) so there will be seats as people say no. So I would think your chances are still really good and not to lose hope yet (but I know the waiting is torture).
Also, the good news is that all you seem to be missing is experience and if you are set on Creighton and even if you don't get in this year, you could get some experience and be a super duper candidate for next year. Probably not exactly what you want to hear, but I try to be prepared for both possibilities; hope for the best and prepare for the worst, right? Try to stay busy and not obsess TOO much (I know I obsess too :p). All you can do is wait. Who knows, you could even get a call soon, but until then it's best to plan and stay busy! I'm hoping for you!

Hi. I have been a member since september, but for some reason, I couldn't write a thread and just realized there was a confirmation email sent to my spam box.
But I just wanted to let you guys know that I was also an alternate and just got off the alternate list
yesterday around 1pm. !
congrats to those who got off the alternate list and good luck for those of you waiting!!

I was waitlisted and received a call about acceptance. I will be declining my spot. Congrats to everyone who was accepted.

Does anyone know the date of the white coat ceremony? I haven't received my packet yet so I wasn't sure

Kelp103- 6/02
alk211611- 6/02
mr2012- 6/02
vwluu2014- 6/02
NcklPnny
789bullitt
and me

Anyhow, the facebook group had 5 recent additions. So I assume all 5 are alternates. So if I assume the maximum 15 seats (75/90). There are about 10 seats left more or less. Out of the 109 interviewees, minus original 75, then 5 alternates, there are some 29 candidates left. Probably fewer because some are decline after the interview. So the odd is 34% rate of getting in or higher.

Though, I am confused why the facebook group only has 21 people. (16 with a recent 5 addition).

Hello, I'll share my stats with you although I feel like Creighton doesn't rest solely on stats. I see that there is a variety of students with different stats that are accepted. With that said my overall GPA is 3.6; science GPA is 3.4; PCAT 65; one LOR from my graduate professor and the other from someone who I volunteered for. I have a Bachelors in Medicinal and Biological Chemistry and a Master's Degree in forensic science. I have Volunteer work, but not in a pharmacy setting. When I interviewed i did not have any pharmacy experience, but since I interviewed I have passed the PTCB exam and now work as a certified Pharm tech.

Do not get down on yourself. If this is what you are set on doing, do it! I tried two other pharmacy schools before I gave up and set my goals to finish my Masters. After i got my degree I got upset because I realized that pharmacy is what I enjoy. SoI set my path to complete what I needed in order to apply this cycle.

You have come this far, Im sure you will get in and realize this was all just part of your path to your dreams!

Last edited:
I was waitlisted and received a call about acceptance. I will be declining my spot. Congrats to everyone who was accepted.

I see, you would made whoever they contact next really really happy.

Hello, I'll share my stats with you although I feel like Creighton doesn't rest solely on stats.

Come on lol, you got a Master degree and I bet you have update them that you currently working as a pharm tech. At this point it is clear that people on the alternate list has very strong stats but below average in one area. But it seemed they willing to overlook low gpa and or low Pcat in compensate for the invaluable experiences. But even then, high gpa for a master degree should trump high PCAT score. Likewise with Kelp103, years of experiences should trump low gpa (not to mentioned really high PCAT).

I called today and im still being reviewed. Its been 7 weeks since my interview. I was never classified as an alternate.

Kelp103- 6/02
alk211611- 6/02
mr2012- 6/02
vwluu2014- 6/02
foreveraway- 6/02
Onlypharm- 6/02 or 6/03 decline offer
NcklPnny
789bullitt
and me

Anyhow, the facebook group had 6 recent additions. So I assume all 6 are alternates. So if I assume the maximum 15 alternates will be contact (75/90). There are about 8 more chances left more or less. Out of the 109 interviewees, minus original 75, then 7 alternates contacted, there are some 27 candidates left. Probably fewer because some are decline after the interview. So the odd is 30% rate of getting in or higher.

Though, I am confused why the facebook group only has 22 people. (16 with a recent 6 addition).

I am in, FINALLY! At least, I think I am. I don't want to jinx myself since I still have a couple classes that have not transferred as flawlessly as I would have liked, but I received a phone call yesterday requesting a syllabus and then another phone call today informing me that I was admitted. I will feel like it is more official once I have my actual letter in hand. :)

Reactions: 3 users
I am in, FINALLY! At least, I think I am. I don't want to jinx myself since I still have a couple classes that have not transferred as flawlessly as I would have liked, but I received a phone call yesterday requesting a syllabus and then another phone call today informing me that I was admitted. I will feel like it is more official once I have my actual letter in hand. :)
Congratulations to you! I agree, I want my letter! :p I'll feel more comfortable once something is in my hand I can point to, haha

I called today and im still being reviewed. Its been 7 weeks since my interview. I was never classified as an alternate.

That is very strange. Did you receive a letter at all?

Kelp103- 6/02
alk211611- 6/02
mr2012- 6/02
vwluu2014- 6/02
foreveraway- 6/02
Onlypharm- 6/02 decline offer
NcklPnny 6/02
789bullitt??
and me

I should included Onlypharm as one of the 15 people who decline their offer. Sigh, I really really don't want to be in the situation that I get inform a day or 2 before welcome week. Because at that point, I probably had already going through the whole 5 stages of grief >___<

I received a letter telling me I was an alternate about 2-3 weeks after my interview in January. I got a call offering me the a position at Creighton, but I had also called that morning leaving a message asking about my alternate status. So it is definitely worth a call even if it is just to get them to take another look at your materials. I was corrected by the receptionist answering the phone that it is not an alternate "list" but an alternate "pool" so they do not have the alternates numbered as of who gets in next if a spot opens up. I was told they will be sending out a letter for the official acceptance and that it is really important to pay the deposit ASAP.

As far as my stats go, here they are: GPA 3.2, PCAT 74, over a year of experience as a certified tech, BA in animal science, BS in Biological and Pre-Medical Illustration, references were two pharmacists that I work with, and I also think the essay makes a difference because it's the only way for them to get to know you besides the interview. I feel that I didn't do well in my interview (it was my first and at my first choice of schools), because I got accepted to the other two schools I applied to and the interviews went much better there. I learned what to say, to listen to what they think is important to their program, and to focus on that.

Alright, that's my 2 cents. Got to go to work. Those pills don't count themselves :)