Current Michigan Dental student please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentgrl2984

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If one of your interviewers during the MMI had told you to keep him updated on you but never gave you his email or contact info, would it be ok to contact him? We had a specific convo about something that he was interested in and I later looked up his email and emailed him and he responded positively. I did not receive an acceptance call, so is it ok to email him and just say hey no word yet just keeping you updated??? He is on the committee. Thanks for any input!

Members don't see this ad.

I think the whole purpose of the mmi is to get a variety of opinions on one applicant to avoid an individual interviewer's bias. So I doubt it would hurt your application, but I'm not sure how much it'll help, as his opinion is one of many.

I agree, and I am not trying to persuade him to give me an acceptance. It was just a thought to send him an email just keeping him updated on my status, I think I wont email him and just wait to see what happens.