CV media section question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eudaimonism

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All! I have a question about a potential media section on my CV. I was included on an article that was published recently, and it has been featured on several newspapers/magazines (Wall Street Journal, Time, Huffington Post, among others). Also, it was discussed on news channels and such. I was curious if I can list any of this on my CV? It seems like it may be redundant since it is all on the same article, but has been featured with somewhat different titles. I'll be applying for postdocs in a couple of months, and think it would be an interesting piece to discuss in interviews, but am unsure of how this would come across or if it is even very relevant since it is all based on the same material. I don't really have anything else I could put in a media section, if such an area even exists, except an abstract that was included in a journal for an award I won for a presentation (still not sure that this would count).

Thank you for your advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello All! I have a question about a potential media section on my CV. I was included on an article that was published recently, and it has been featured on several newspapers/magazines (Wall Street Journal, Time, Huffington Post, among others). Also, it was discussed on news channels and such. I was curious if I can list any of this on my CV? It seems like it may be redundant since it is all on the same article, but has been featured with somewhat different titles. I'll be applying for postdocs in a couple of months, and think it would be an interesting piece to discuss in interviews, but am unsure of how this would come across or if it is even very relevant since it is all based on the same material. I don't really have anything else I could put in a media section, if such an area even exists, except an abstract that was included in a journal for an award I won for a presentation (still not sure that this would count).

Thank you for your advice!

For an article I had that did something similar, I listed one media outlet for the main press release and noted that the similar articles appeared in other outlets. However, I also listed other articles for which I did separate interviews about the same study as well.

Congrats! I love getting my research in the media--it's so nice to see it get out to more than journal readership!