DDS to DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paolorossifan

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
CGP:3.2
SGP:3.4
MCAT: 28 (12B,9PS,8VR)
DDS with Stellar Medical School grades
Internship in Head and Neck

Members don't see this ad.

A bit on the low side for the GPA, but it should definitely be possible to get D.O. acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most probably. Your biggest challenge will be explaining why you gave up on dentistry. Makes one wonder if you'll do the same in or after medical school.

Yes this is true. PM me if you want. I've had several interviews.

Wow....this is very interesting to me because I was once enrolled in a DDS program and was dismissed after the first year due to poor pre-clinical performance. I just started my first year of Osteo school and had similar stats to yours when I applied. If I was able to get accepted with that "black mark" (dismissal from dental school) on my record, you should be good to go. Just OWN the interview. Good luck :)

Wow....this is very interesting to me because I was once enrolled in a DDS program and was dismissed after the first year due to poor pre-clinical performance. I just started my first year of Osteo school and had similar stats to yours when I applied. If I was able to get accepted with that "black mark" (dismissal from dental school) on my record, you should be good to go. Just OWN the interview. Good luck :)

This is what I don't get. Maybe Goro can chime in. The OP has proven he can make it through a professional program and pass board exams (you need to, to graduate). Why wouldn't a school like this. They will get their tuition money and probably not have to worry about this student. I know I felt some hostility in my interviews. Its not like we are the first ones to want a career change -- and really, if the OP is like me, he/she just wants to expand their scope of practice.