Desperate Advice Needed for May 22 test date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anmd2017

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So today while studying for the May 22 MCAT that I have been registered for since February, I received an automated phone call from ProMetric - the wonderful company that AAMC outsources testing to - to inform me that my test administered at Delgado in New Orleans has been cancelled because the testing center was going to be closed (???) the 22nd of May. The only consolation I received was rescheduling "free of charge."
I received this call at 3:55pm central time, 5 minutes before the wonderful folks at the AAMC went home for the day. I called the number that the automated message told me to call which led me to the ProMetric company, which was closed. By the time I called the AAMC, they were closed for the day. The testing center was also closed. I tried the AAMC's cutting edge twitter account and received no response. Meanwhile, the registration website would not allow me to browse other testing sites or dates for availability without "canceling" my test date.

I have been panicking all day as I am basically in limbo until Monday. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know why my registration page will not let me browse other test dates? Does anyone have any general advice?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

That really sucks. To view other test dates/locations click reschedule then you can view other available days and locations. Then if there aren't any you want, close out of it.

It cancelled me twice, and one of those times, I had driven out to the testing center and was informed by the front desk that my date was cancelled.

I have to dig through my emails, but I was given two phone numbers that I called that fixed this issue,
I'll post them if I can find them