DO family medicine residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lunallena

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all:

I am truly interested in pursuing afamily medicine, preferably osteopathic and in the South florida/NSUCOM region (hospitals like palmetto, westchester,west palm,broward general or Orlando/Tampa.

I know this might sound a bit stupid but since we 're talking about big cities i suppose there is more demand for PGY positions. My question is: how competitive is it to get into one of these residencies? what are average board/COMLEx scores needed? Do any of this positions ever go unfilled? Thanks all!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Amazingly the programs you stated seem to fill. If you look at the number they interview it is rather low compared to the amount of first year postions, except for the Broward program which is about 10:1.

;)OK, I am currently in the Palmetto General program for internship. I graduated from LECOM Erie in 2006. I am transfering to the DO program at Florida Hospital East as PGY-2 for next year which I scrambled into.
I am one of the only Non-Nova grads here at PGH, I think there are four of us out of out of 24 interns. I also scrambled into this program after getting fed up with a poor (my opinion) pathology program I was in. I have heard from other interns here that the things that you are asking about are average to above average but I can tell you only my step one score is above average. Good luck and if you speak Espanol you will do well here. Later

Members don't see this ad :)