Do I still have a chance to get in with application issues?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lm1271

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm currently in the process of applying to dental school. I've had some issues with my application and even though I submitted back in June, my application wasn't considered complete until September because of the following reasons:
1. Adding a planned Spring 2023 course, that affected my AADSAS verification

2. There was an AADSAS error where I was verified on their end but not on my portal or to the schools. So although I submitted in the first week of July, I wasn’t verified until mid August.

3. One of my letters of recommendation was submitted without a letterhead. I was recently informed and had it replaced in the 1st week of September.

For some context, I attended the University of Minnesota and graduated with a BS in Biology and a GPA of 3.56. I took the DAT in March 2022 and got a 21 AA and over a 20 in all sections. I haven't really heard anything from any of the schools I applied to, just that my application was considered complete in September.

I just don't know where I stand or how good my odds are, is there still a chance? Additionally, I have heard that sending a letter of interest can increase your odds. Should I be patient or just accept that I'll need to reapply?

Sorry for the long message and happy to receive any input.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all!

I'm currently in the process of applying to dental school. I've had some issues with my application and even though I submitted back in June, my application wasn't considered complete until September because of the following reasons:
1. Adding a planned Spring 2023 course, that affected my AADSAS verification

2. There was an AADSAS error where I was verified on their end but not on my portal or to the schools. So although I submitted in the first week of July, I wasn’t verified until mid August.

3. One of my letters of recommendation was submitted without a letterhead. I was recently informed and had it replaced in the 1st week of September.

For some context, I attended the University of Minnesota and graduated with a BS in Biology and a GPA of 3.56. I took the DAT in March 2022 and got a 21 AA and over a 20 in all sections. I haven't really heard anything from any of the schools I applied to, just that my application was considered complete in September.

I just don't know where I stand or how good my odds are, is there still a chance? Additionally, I have heard that sending a letter of interest can increase your odds. Should I be patient or just accept that I'll need to reapply?

Sorry for the long message and happy to receive any input.

Thank you!
yes, you still have a chance

your letter of interest is spelled A-A-D-S-A-S...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
No need for a letter of interest. Sounds like you have the grades and DAT scores to be competitive. Even with the hiccups, I anticipate your application still be reviewed and considered. Just a waiting game at this point!

Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptances can't even go out till December. You may have to wait for interviews, but it's still early in the cycle. I don't know what schools you applied to or how many, but I had several schools that sent me interviews and acceptances well after December.