Do you have kids?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Do you have any children?

• Yes

Votes: 52 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 38 42.2%

• Total voters

Amy B

I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just call me the poll queen. Here is another one.

Do you have any children?

We have 2. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I have a little woman that just turned 2. :love:

Amy,
I actually *was* just going to call you the poll queen!!

And we have two. Princess Bubble Gum Flusher is 10. Little Prince Jackie Chan Jr is 4.

Members don't see this ad :)
One. The princess is almost 4

Two daughters here. Monster 1 is 9, monster 2 is 6 1/2 (heaven forbid you forget to add that all important 1/2).

Do two dogs that act like toddlers and a cat who drools when you pet him count? :cool:

I have 2 including my Fiance'! :D

Two sons, ages 14 and 11

2 kids 2 stepkids 6 dogs, 1 cat, 1 bird....no fish (it died) and one husband!

Reactions: 1 user
No kids, but adopting my sister's cat this year. She'll be a freshman in the dorms and can't have animals. Since we will both be in Chicago, I said I'd watch him for her. So she can come visit. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
One child - son, 15 (two, counting my husband) and 3 completely idiotic cats

Yes! My oldest is 18 and my youngest is 15 (she'll be 16 in October). They are really encouraged about my decision to become a doctor! :)

wow, lots of us have kids. That's great.

Oh, mine are 9 years old(girl) (4th grade) and
17 years old(boy)(senior, yikes), a cool hubby and two Golden Retrievers make up my family. :D :cool:

I have three kids: Katherine is almost 8, Sarah is almost 6, and my little man John who was born 2 1/2 weeks into my MS1 year will be 1 Aug. 30th! I also have a very mellow and supportive husband; 5 barn cats, 1 house cat, 2 horses and we share a dog with my parents. Life is awesome!

So many parents. :D

My daughter just turned 10 and my fraternal twin boys are 7 (turning 8 soon, they want me to be specific!) Oh, and 3 cats. :)

TexasRose said:
So many parents. :D

My daughter just turned 10 and my fraternal twin boys are 7 (turning 8 soon, they want me to be specific!) Oh, and 3 cats. :)
Don't forget your new-ish former Marine psuedo-kid. :smuggrin:

My wife and I have 4 kids - 2 girls (10, 6) and 2 boys (7 and 5).

We also have one canine kid - a 2-year old Welsh Pembroke Corgi.

Sure keeps us busy ...

I have two cats that came from the same liter... they act like children... I wish I could count them as dependents

A 9 lb Yorkie, a 3 lb Chihuahua, and a 12 lb cat are about all I can handle!

Seriously, I don't think I could have added "parenting" to my list of responsibilities over these past 8 years. I'm not saying it can't be done, because there are people who do it all the time. I just know myself, and that my energy reserves aren't without limits. It's been difficult enough just maintaining a marriage and taking care of myself. I've lost count of how many times I've stopped working out d/t schedule constraints.

I keep thinking that maybe after residency we'll have children, but by that time my wife will be 37!

A 5yr old girl who starts kinder the day my classes start and a 3yr old boy.... plus a white mini-schnauzer, toy fox terrier and a cat.

thackl said:
A 5yr old girl who starts kinder the day my classes start and a 3yr old boy.... plus a white mini-schnauzer, toy fox terrier and a cat.

Are you going to go to her first day or your first day? I missed the first day of Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade for DD and 1st day of K for other DD (tests MS I and II, presentations MS III and IV) and put my foot down and begged (successfully) for the first day of school off this year. It didn't bug them, but it bugged me.

I have a 22 month-old boy named George that looks like he is about five years old. He is a big boy. I also have my sweetheart Madeleine that is eight years old. Both are adopted--one during my undergrad years and one during med school. My wife and I are trying to decide whether we should adopt again now that we are in residency. Hmm.....

Wahoowa said:
I have a 22 month-old boy named George that looks like he is about five years old. He is a big boy. I also have my sweetheart Madeleine that is eight years old. Both are adopted--one during my undergrad years and one during med school. My wife and I are trying to decide whether we should adopt again now that we are in residency. Hmm.....

YEAH for adoptive parents!!! My two little ones are both adopted as well. We, however, are trying to decide if we should continue trying to "make one at home" or wait until after school and adopt again. Either way...it's an experience that I don't regret for a minute!

My daughter just turned 7 today and starts first grade tomorrow (yikes!) and my son will turn 4 next month. Both are either comlete angles or complete demons depending on when you ask. Fortunately, my wife is always wonderful.

Take care,
Jeff

WillowRose said:
YEAH for adoptive parents!!! My two little ones are both adopted as well. We, however, are trying to decide if we should continue trying to "make one at home" or wait until after school and adopt again. Either way...it's an experience that I don't regret for a minute!

Good to meet you.

Need a 3rd choice "Not Yet"
we have a girl on the way.
due date is the day before classes begin (post-bacc)
Should be fun.

One girl, 9; one boy, 6; one husband (who can't wait for me to be a doctor so he can quit his job and be a househusband), a 3 yo chocolate lab who needs ritalin, and a 2yo miniature dachshund who is the most awesome little dude ever. :D

I have a 14 month old girl. She's a diva! LOL! :love:

yup we have two kiddlings and a basenji. our oldest will be 9 in 3 weeks and our little one just turned 4 :( - they grow too darn fast!