Documenting TA position on CV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychBoxe

Postdoctoral Fellow
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a uniform way to document a TA position on a CV. I have experimented with several different styles and would like to see if others have suggestions. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If that is the only teaching experience you have I think it is fine to do it how AA said it.

I TAd and then later starting teaching my own classes. So I have a section under teaching for "Instructor of record" and then I have an "Other teaching experiences" section where I list the TA experiences. That way it doesn't look like I am blending them at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ooh, that's a good idea.

Why thank you :)

Here is another one. I break the "Teaching" section of my CV into 3 categories, actually. There is the "Instructor of Record" category, then the "Invited Lectures" category, and then the "Other Teaching Experiences" category.

The Invited Lectures places give me an easy way to document guest lectures. After you have done at least of a couple of them, I think it makes it more clear. For me, I like having that section because it shows some other topical areas of strength as well as your network (e.g., I do guest lectures sometimes at medical schools even though I don't work at one).

All great ways of doing it. Thanks for the tips!

Why thank you :)

Here is another one. I break the "Teaching" section of my CV into 3 categories, actually. There is the "Instructor of Record" category, then the "Invited Lectures" category, and then the "Other Teaching Experiences" category.

The Invited Lectures places give me an easy way to document guest lectures. After you have done at least of a couple of them, I think it makes it more clear. For me, I like having that section because it shows some other topical areas of strength as well as your network (e.g., I do guest lectures sometimes at medical schools even though I don't work at one).

Good idea--I think I'll steal this for mine. :)