Does your job really matter ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dl8001

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently work as the head of the insurance department in an ophthalmology office . But randomly got an offer for a receptionist position at a medical clinic. Would it really make a difference on my application ??

Members don't see this ad.

Thought this was gonna be another GallbLad Classic.

I don't think Thais oils make a huge difference since neither of these are truly "clinical" in the strictest sense. If you can get a job working with patients, this would be better.

Fair enough . Unfortunately no one hires without certificates in my area . Is it worth taking the job or staying where I am ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am personally always for new experiences, if they are good and it makes sense. I think you could bring diversity to your resume by working in a medical office in general as a receptionist - and I'm guessing that in the case of the receptionist role you'd get more contact with patients and their families and you'd be able to develop a good manner of behaving around patients better than just being in an insurance role. Just my $0.02.

Thanks for the input . And I agree . That's primarily the goal.

I cannot imagine it would do that much one way or the other. If you saw the jobs I've had (which include being a professional worker at renaissance festivals), I think yours look normal in comparison.