Donate to Alex Barker's unemployed pharmD fund

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I love the feedbacks, I am definitely not Alex. LOL.
I am too lazy to do what he does and well positioned in my career to use his services.

I agree that his program is not going to be substitute for formal certification or MBA program, and I hope it will never be either.
Formal programs and certificates take money, efforts, time but without guaranteed results. That is why his program is so attractive to the young unemployed pharmacist who do not have the luxury of time and money that they just used them up in pharmacy school. In another word, likely instant gratifications or pipe dreams for majority of the participants. To some, After $200K in tuition, what is $1300 more to get a shot at non-retail setting?
Alex has put in years of efforts to materialize this crafty idea and now try to capitalize the profit in this awful job market. It is almost like buying Amazon at pennies. That is the credits I give him.

As for so called "donation"; I think he has tipped his hand too early and should have invested more time to demonstrate his successes before he ask that. I agree that he lost credibility with this move. Maybe he need money to pay his staff?
I contribute this to lack of business strategy and maturities in business savviness. He should buy time and sell his business to Venture Capitalist later instead trying to cash this in now.

To people who got their dream jobs after participation, good for you.
To people who couldn't find jobs after participation, check out the out-clause or refund policy.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why is that past tense? A level of sociopathy is expected at any reasonable bureaucratic organization. It's totally present tense for me. But for someone like him, why couldn't he take his own advice if that was the case?

The place you work at though, is especially egregious. It's so dirty, I would actually bring my own sterile equipment if I had to be treated in there. Have they dealt with the infestation problem yet?

Edit: No, and your FMS are so screwed up, they had hydraulics blow up in a patient care building.
Whoops, meant to say hates. I'm still here at this dump. Counting my days until I reach tenureship.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I love the feedbacks, I am definitely not Alex. LOL.
I am too lazy to do what he does and well positioned in my career to use his services.

I agree that his program is not going to be substitute for formal certification or MBA program, and I hope it will never be either.
Formal programs and certificates take money, efforts, time but without guaranteed results. That is why his program is so attractive to the young unemployed pharmacist who do not have the luxury of time and money that they just used them up in pharmacy school. In another word, likely instant gratifications or pipe dreams for majority of the participants. To some, After $200K in tuition, what is $1300 more to get a shot at non-retail setting?
Alex has put in years of efforts to materialize this crafty idea and now try to capitalize the profit in this awful job market. It is almost like buying Amazon at pennies. That is the credits I give him.

As for so called "donation"; I think he has tipped his hand too early and should have invested more time to demonstrate his successes before he ask that. I agree that he lost credibility with this move. Maybe he need money to pay his staff?
I contribute this to lack of business strategy and maturities in business savviness. He should buy time and sell his business to Venture Capitalist later instead trying to cash this in now.

To people who got their dream jobs after participation, good for you.
To people who couldn't find jobs after participation, check out the out-clause or refund policy.

I will reiterate my position of the sliminess in soliciting cash to fund operations of a for-profit entity as a donation.

Why not simply advertise the books, the courses the CEs etc as a bundle of products or services he was selling and simply state something like all sales will go to providing someone with free coaching or whatever.

I don’t think using cash flow from a profitable business activity to fund operations on something that produces zero revenue is always bad business strategy at all. It happens all the time especially in our highly regulated industry.

I think he doesn’t lack business strategy. He has one, which I feel is a shady and slimy one. Solicit revenues under the guise of something that it’s not. It is reprehensible to me that he has fine print about the donation that literally says it’s not a donation. Ok so it’s just fraud then if they don’t read the fine print.

Reactions: 1 users
Show me where and prove it.
Source: Writer.com

Screenshot_20210507-015015.png

Reactions: 1 user
Comma comma comma comma chameleon

Reactions: 2 users
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Reactions: 1 user
Whoops, meant to say hates. I'm still here at this dump. Counting my days until I reach tenureship.
How does a VA job and academia work? I know most private institutions the school pays most of it but how does it work for the VA or DoD/DHA?