Dont give up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedschooIsHard

Reaction score
Last year I posted about my doubts with applying to medical school. I explained how I had a criminal history and advice on how to apply.
LT DR: I had a two alcohol related charges along with a misdemeanor a&b conviction.
I was told by many of you that my chances were 0 and that I had ruined my medical school career. Many of you chastised me and told me it
was all hopeless and that I should look into a different field. One whom which said "Give up your career is as good as dead".

Well I am hear to give you an update on my first cycle.
I received interviews from 6 schools (both MD and DO) and was accepted into 5 school. I passed multiple background checks and am now on the way to becoming a doctor. I just wanted to post this update to those who may be in a similar situation as me. I remember constantly looking up on forum pages to see if anyone was in my shoes when I was applying.

It isnt impossible. Do not give into people's negative views and let that bring you down. Do not lose hope like I had after reading comments from the post I made more than a year ago. It is possible so do not give up hope. Keep your head down and continue on, and even if nobody else believes in you, at least you know that you can believe in yourself.
Again I mean no disrespect to anyone, I just want to give hope to anyone who is in the same situation as me and is doubting his or her application.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I sadly forgot the email and password for my last account :/ I havent used it in over a year
you should have you emails from SDN in whatever email ids you use. IF not, may be you should tell full story again to benefit the future applicants.

Reactions: 1 user
Last year I posted about my doubts with applying to medical school. I explained how I had a criminal history and advice on how to apply.
LT DR: I had a two alcohol related charges along with a misdemeanor a&b conviction.
I was told by many of you that my chances were 0 and that I had ruined my medical school career. Many of you chastised me and told me it
was all hopeless and that I should look into a different field. One whom which said "Give up your career is as good as dead".

Well I am hear to give you an update on my first cycle.
I received interviews from 6 schools (both MD and DO) and was accepted into 5 school. I passed multiple background checks and am now on the way to becoming a doctor. I just wanted to post this update to those who may be in a similar situation as me. I remember constantly looking up on forum pages to see if anyone was in my shoes when I was applying.

It isnt impossible. Do not give into people's negative views and let that bring you down. Do not lose hope like I had after reading comments from the post I made more than a year ago. It is possible so do not give up hope. Keep your head down and continue on, and even if nobody else believes in you, at least you know that you can believe in yourself.
Again I mean no disrespect to anyone, I just want to give hope to anyone who is in the same situation as me and is doubting his or her application.
Good for you OP. Keep moving forward and learn from your mistakes. Excelsior!

You posted there a month ago...
hmmm i do not remember ever posting. but if I did it would have been through my old computer that had my log in info saved! I really apologize for all this mix up and mess

hmmm i do not remember ever posting. but if I did it would have been through my old computer that had my log in info saved! I really apologize for all this mix up and mess
I am curious how many email accounts to do you have? you can always try to find your user id using different email ids

Congratulations if all of this is real, but I'm getting some "girlfriend in Canada" vibes with the whole account thing.

Reactions: 2 users