ECU School of Dental Medicine Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

2thPirate🦷

ECU SoDM ‘25
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: ***The Official ECU Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: East Carolina University School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
Link to past class profiles: Class Profiles | School of Dental Medicine | ECU
Link to sample course map: ECU SoDM Course Map with Hours | School of Dental Medicine | ECU

----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey yall! I got verified about two weeks ago and I still haven't received any correspondence from ECU, not even a submissionconfirmation. Is this normal or should I be worried? Thank you

Hey yall! I got verified about two weeks ago and I still haven't received any correspondence from ECU, not even a submissionconfirmation. Is this normal or should I be worried? Thank you
I also got verified about two weeks ago and ECU is one of my only schools I've heard nothing from yet :/

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I also got verified about two weeks ago and ECU is one of my only schools I've heard nothing from yet :/
I called them up, and they said that they don't look at them till August. So we're good. Also, hey! I'm also a UNC pre-dent graduating in 2022.

I just got an email from ECU saying that they received my application and as long as the supplemental fee is paid/residency determination is complete, the application will be under review.

I GOT AN INTERVIEW! Pretty nervous :/

Does anyone know where in the email they send us after paying the supplemental fee, the order number is supposed to be?

Members don't see this ad :)
Like did your professors already submit your LORs when you got a confirmation that your application was under review?

For those of you that got interviews would you mind sharing your stats?
Interview #4
School: ECU
Notification date: 8/23
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/07
Application complete date: 7/08
GPA (science, overall): 3.40, 3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/21/19/28/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/21
Method of interview: In person

Hi Guys! I’m a current D1 at ECU and they just told us they’re starting up the interview process for the class of 2026, and it reminded me of how much i used to LURK so hard on these pages lol, so i figured i’d reach out and say if anyone has any questions or wants advice you can reach me through instagram @kayleebradford (I don’t get on here much anymore) and i’ll help you out as much as i can! I cant answer many questions about when more interview get sent out, etc bc we don’t know that stuff but I do know a lot of the faculty here & I can share experiences regarding interviews that may help! Also, if you haven’t already, you can look up ECU SoDM Student Body Profiles on google and it’ll take you to a link with each year’s class and their average stats for a comparison to yours. I know this was a very stressful time for me last year so feel free to reach out. But in the meantime, take a breath & realize that you’ve got this!

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone receive some sort of schedule for the interview day? I haven't received anything and I'm not sure if there is supposed to be one

Hi everyone, I had my interview at ECU on 9/10. They didn’t send me any schedule or anything beforehand, just a parking pass and around what time to arrive. When you arrive, they’ll give you a folder that will have your schedule. It was in person, format was MMI. It was way more relaxed than I was expecting, which was awesome because I was so nervous.

GPA: garbage
DAT: 26/27/20 (AA, TS, PAT)

Hi everyone, I had my interview at ECU on 9/10. They didn’t send me any schedule or anything beforehand, just a parking pass and around what time to arrive. When you arrive, they’ll give you a folder that will have your schedule. It was in person, format was MMI. It was way more relaxed than I was expecting, which was awesome because I was so nervous.

GPA: garbage
DAT: 26/27/20 (AA, TS, PAT)
If you do not mind, can you please share what MMI format means? Can you give an example question they could have asked MMI style? This is my second time applying and my first interview with ECU last year was more of Dr. Wilson asking me questions about my experiences and personal info mentioned on my personal statement. So now I’m lowkey freaking out lol.

If you do not mind, can you please share what MMI format means? Can you give an example question they could have asked MMI style? This is my second time applying and my first interview with ECU last year was more of Dr. Wilson asking me questions about my experiences and personal info mentioned on my personal statement. So now I’m lowkey freaking out lol.
MMI stands for multiple mini interviews. It does not have anything to do with the questions asked, and it probably just means we will be meeting with faculty as well as students for multiple interview sessions. No biggie!

MMI stands for multiple mini interviews. It does not have anything to do with the questions asked, and it probably just means we will be meeting with faculty as well as students for multiple interview sessions. No biggie!
OH! Phew. I mistook MMI as something completely different. Thank you!

OH! Phew. I mistook MMI as something completely different. Thank you!
Yep just a few different interviews with different people. I had four interviews with five people (four dentists/faculty and one student)

Interview #2
Notification date: 9/18
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/25
Application complete date: 7/26
GPA (science, overall): 3.56; 3.72
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/20/No
Date of interview: 9/30
Method of interview: In-Person

Interview #4
Notification date: 10/18
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/24
Application complete date: Technically just, but got the email august
GPA (science, overall): 3.44, 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/23/30/No
Dates available OR your interview date: Have to call in
Method of interview: In person

I got an acceptance via email at 6:30 am and a phone call around 8 am! I am so excited. Congrats to anyone else who got accepted as well!

I got an acceptance via email at 6:30 am and a phone call around 8 am! I am so excited. Congrats to anyone else who got accepted as well!
If you don't mind can you share your stats and when you applied, got an interview, etc.?

If you don't mind can you share your stats and when you applied, got an interview, etc.?
Sure!
Applied: 6/28
Interview: 9/14
GPA: 3.55
DAT: AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR - 25/25/26/29/22

No acceptance email or call for me; they emailed me saying they’re still reviewing my application

Got an acceptance email this morning at 6:30!!!! Literally so excited and can’t wait to meet the others! 💜💛

Still on cloud 9 over here!! I got an acceptance on 12/1 and one of my favorite interviewers that I had called me to congratulate me later in the day. I applied to 8 schools in total and only interviewed here, but I never let that get me down. ECU is my top pick school because of its mission and clinical experience. Nobody cares what you do, they care why you do it. If you don't have a big enough why, it's going to be hard to push through years of studying, and dental schools know that. I never let my stats define me as an applicant, I let my why do that. Dental schools can give you all the resources in the world to help you improve your stats, but only you can determine your why.

A little background, I was so nervous about my GPA going into my senior year that I sat down and met with my pre-health advisor for what turned into a 5 hour meeting trying to determine if I should plan for a post bacc/ masters. Although my intentions of planning ahead were well-intended, I was giving too much into the "what ifs" and fear. Throughout this entire process (especially with retaking my DAT, not fun at all) was to let go of fear and let God have control of everything. I did my part though. I studied, I planned out my days, but in the end, I know we win. This is obviously my belief, doesn't have to be yours, but if you see something you like, I encourage you to take it.

Applied: 8/27
Interview: 10/5
GPA: 3.46 (Transferred, had some hurricanes, some personal family stuff, and a pandemic)
DAT: AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR -16/17/18/17/12 (first attempt)
DAT: AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR - 18/20/20/17/16 (second attempt)
LOTS of shadowing and volunteering starting off towards the end of high school.
Also HIGHLY recommend doing any and all Pre-dental days or enrichment activities that you can. I don't really think that anyone can necessarily get your foot in the door at any dental school, but you can definitely associate and go to the school as much as you can and get your name recognized.

Last edited:
  • Love
Still on cloud 9 over here!! I got an acceptance on 12/1 and one of my favorite interviewers that I had called me to congratulate me later in the day. I applied to 8 schools in total and only interviewed here, but I never let that get me down. ECU is my top pick school because of its mission and clinical experience. Nobody cares what you do, they care why you do it. If you don't have a big enough why, it's going to be hard to push through years of studying, and dental schools know that. I never let my stats define me as an applicant, I let my why do that. Dental schools can give you all the resources in the world to help you improve your stats, but only you can determine your why.

A little background, I was so nervous about my GPA going into my senior year that I sat down and met with my pre-health advisor for what turned into a 5 hour meeting trying to determine if I should plan for a post bacc/ masters. Although my intentions of planning ahead were well-intended, I was giving too much into the "what ifs" and fear. Throughout this entire process (especially with retaking my DAT, not fun at all) was to let go of fear and let God have control of everything. I did my part though. I studied, I planned out my days, but in the end, I know we win. This is obviously my belief, doesn't have to be yours, but if you see something you like, I encourage you to take it.

Applied: 8/27
Interview: 10/5
GPA: 3.46 (Transferred, had some hurricanes, some personal family stuff, and a pandemic)
DAT: AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR -16/17/18/17/12 (first attempt)
DAT: AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR - 18/20/20/17/16 (second attempt)
LOTS of shadowing and volunteering starting off towards the end of high school.
Also HIGHLY recommend doing any and all Pre-dental days or enrichment activities that you can. I don't really think that anyone can necessarily get your foot in the door at any dental school, but you can definitely associate and go to the school as much as you can and get your name recognized.
How much shadowing and volunteering did you do?

Does anyone know when ECU is sending more acceptances or any updates?

Does anyone know when ECU is sending more acceptances or any updates?
Not quite sure. Usually people who have been accepted would create a FB or GroupMe link for their class and they would have been able to tell us how many people are in it and that would tell us how many seats are left.

Not quite sure. Usually people who have been accepted would create a FB or GroupMe link for their class and they would have been able to tell us how many people are in it and that would tell us how many seats are left.
There are 40 people in the FB group right now, but that includes Mr. Cox and possibly some dental students. I imagine there will be more movement whenever UNC sends out their final round of acceptances and IS students decide where they want to go if accepted to both.

There are 40 people in the FB group right now, but that includes Mr. Cox and possibly some dental students. I imagine there will be more movement whenever UNC sends out their final round of acceptances and IS students decide where they want to go if accepted to both.
Wait, how do you know? Can we still see how many people are in there without joining the group?

Wait, how do you know? Can we still see how many people are in there without joining the group?
I was accepted, but I am pretty sure you can still see how many people are in the group even if it is private

I am not sure.. around 50-55 usually? And thank you, I hope you hear some good news soon as well!!
Okay gotcha. Haha I have kind of given up on it but am just waiting for closure at this point so that I can move on lol.

Does anyone know if ECU teaches digital dentistry and implants in their curriculum?

Does anyone know if ECU teaches digital dentistry and implants in their curriculum?
I would say yes to digital dentistry; however, I’m not sure if implants are explicitly integrated in the curriculum. It might be one of those things where you could learn more if you were interested in that.